Fixed Internally Housing Portals

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Darcmoon, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Marae Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed that this is in this week's update!
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Thank you Dreamweaver, your response is greatly appreciated. I will refrain from setting off this Gnomish Tar and Feather bomber 5900, I just bought for a bit longer.
  3. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

I doubt it will but I will let you know.
  4. Krupnik Member

In my experience bombs explode ... and that's rarely a good thing.
    However, just to return to the whole point of this thread, I'm beginning to see a pattern slowly emerging: what with Daybreak handing over autonomy (in effect relinquishing its' responsibilities); the portals problem and now the harvest tier levels removal as well. None of these things bode well for the future of the game we've all come to love.
    It seems as if someone is driving nails into the EQ2 coffin, and maybe for good reason ... I've been playing since January 2005. Maybe there's something better just around the corner. Maybe there will be an EQ3, or maybe it's simply time to move on. I feel that time is fast approaching ... at least for me ...
  5. Marae Well-Known Member

I'm hoping they take care of this, if not in next week's update, then before next week's update. I am ready to cry. I have so many projects on hold - including orienting new guild members - until I can get around the houses again, and I have upkeep coming up in less than a month. Doing that without my portals is going to be a nightmare, because I manage houses for the guild, and they are not all in friendly places.
  6. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Definitely not in this week's update, and add me to the list of people who's portal got reset during the patch. To a prestige house that I don't even have any portals placed for.
  7. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

I wanted to check in on this, it's definitely still being worked on but it's not a quick or easy solve. I don't currently have an ETA just wanted to update.
  8. Breanna Well-Known Member

Thank you for staying on top of this :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Rose and Cyrrena like this.
  9. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

I want to say this as emphatically and explicitly as possible, no one is even building a coffin for EQ2, the things you point out, while they may seem related in your mind are not at all related and the team that works on EQ2 is just as passionate and dedicated to the health and future of this game as when they started which is all while the company was still SOE.

I know things are frustrating and I know there are decisions players may not agree with or understand, but these folx love EQ2, they obsess over it, maybe in different ways and it may not always be apparent but please believe me when I say that they do care.

Are there things that can be improved on? Definitely.

Are there going to be things the players don't agree with? Definitely.

Are there going to be moments were we stumble? For sure. But that doesn't mean the team doesn't care, and it doesn't mean they aren't trying.

If you end up moving on to another game I hope you enjoy your time there as much as you've enjoyed your time here, and if you decide to stick around, please know that it matters to us.
  10. Breanna Well-Known Member

/clap /clap Very nicely put Dreamweaver.
  11. Marae Well-Known Member

I second that, Breanna! Thank you, Dreamweaver, and thanks to all the devs who are working hard to keep this a game we love.
  12. Bunji Developer

I checked in a fix for this. Won't make it tomorrow, but should be in the following week. Will try and get it on Test for the weekend.
  13. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Alright now that a fix has been checked in I am going to move it to resolved.

Thank you everyone!