houses and inn rooms of deleted characters seem to still exist, how get rid of them ?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Geroblue, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Well, I deleted two characters off Maj'Dul last week.

Today I was going around and adding items and permissions/access to other locations.

I see the deleted characters dojo, inn rooms, and prestige houses still in the 'right click and visit' tab for both Inn the Qeynos and I think in the house access post in Qeynos.

I did check in prestige houses owned by other characters, deleted all of the circular portal links I could find.

I tried one of the dojo links and it put me in a dojo. When I went to exit, it only showed the 'to buy' popup. Not the exit.

I used fast Travel to get out.

I didn't delete/relinquish the houses nor inn rooms.

So do I need to recreate these characters to delete the remaining links/rooms ?

Thanks.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  2. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

I think that sounds great if the housing of deleted characters remains behind after the character is gone. Do all of their decorations & belongings they placed in the house remain? That would be very good if you wanted to remake a Character for design reasons but didn't want to lose all of their housing and have to buy them new housing and decorate all over again. Does anyone else or a Dev know about this?
    Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  3. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

It could be a byproduct of making all your characters on an account trustees by default now.
    WhysperWynde and Breanna like this.
  4. elflover Well-Known Member

it could be because of access or you left portals in the homes...but why delete toons with prestige houses!?!?!
    WhysperWynde and Breanna like this.
  5. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I did check for portals, in several characters on two accounts, under Items in the House popup. Not there. And yet, some permissions still showed up like they are there.

Deleted them as I wanted fewer characters on that account. Due to not being able to use all of them due to me mostly having to use ftp. Seven on that account now down to five.

No decorations left. When I used the Travel/Exit button, it showed these two characters who were owners and trustees; as; trustees, visitor, and none.

So I tried redoing one of them, same everything, to see if I could relinquish the homes... the homes weren't available. But the /claim items did reshow up in the claim window. I deleted the one character a second time as I felt I shouldn't get the claim items.

One had a dojo, the rest were deepwater, mara, and relic tinker. So I only lost money on one of them.

I have the two deleted characters rerolled on a different account. One I tried to get into the above homes now shows as visitor. So, I am confused, but it seems to be working correctly now. The Leave/Exit page for the other character I checked no longer shows the deleted characters. I'll check the other character today to see if its only visitor. Or none as some of those characters have Visitor as off. Then I can set them to trustee again.

Of course, it may not have been removed by the server to give a window of 'oops I didn't mean to delete them'.

I do wonder, since the server name check didn't block me, that is it possible for deleted character's names to be used by other players ? I do have the same exact contact information on all of my accounts.
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Well, I had to do it manually... and I didn't think I was going to delete them. Those characters have been there for a couple of years. Now two of them are still on the same server, but a different account.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Dude Well-Known Member

There is no way to actually reroll a specific character. Even if the name and everything else is exactly the same, you created a new character, which is why the /claim window was full. The only way to get a character back is to use DBC to restore them from the character select window.
    Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  8. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Well, they are both on a new account, same server. I got one up to 12th level today, the other one is at 4th level. They were both in the low to mid 40s.

Both are currently visitors only. But I'll fix that as tomorrow I'll be tinkering and crafting with them.
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Instead of deleting another character on this account, I'll just use the prestige houses for storage and start another account and move the depots over there.

Mostly done.
    Breanna likes this.
  10. elflover Well-Known Member

if your a member then go to ftp dnt delete toons for that reason...just use there houses for storage and maybe later buy a toon slot to open them up again, its what ive done before
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I'm 'retiring' two toons on that account, and using their prestige houses for storage. I can put plenty of tiles and furniture in them.