House Vahla Quests Feedback & Bugs

Discussion in 'Quest Discussion' started by Kaitheel, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Niptuck New Member

Sphinx Outside the Box: The illusion cancels the mount and it cannot be recast. Have to either die or camp-out/back-in to recast. Also happens at quest completion when the illusion is removed.
  2. Evilnok Active Member

has anyone figured out how to get the book from the artifact attendant in Planes of Magic? I have hailed both too many times and nothing after collecting the items...I even removed the quest and re picked it up and still nothing is happening for the last update,I mean what's the point of both of em saying Good Day and having 2 options of hailing them? they have one that has a small h in the hail and the other hail has a H as the 2nd hail option and they say same thing
  3. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Be sure to talk to all of the attendants, not just the artifact ones. After a few of them you'll talk to enough that you'll see quest books pop up and then the artifact attendants will cooperate.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

This seems to vary based on the mount you have in your appearance slot..
    Example: reindeer mounts don't break, clothwork pegasus mounts do (based on the mount my friend and I had). We both had the same 'stat mount' equipped. She got bugged with pegasus showing, I did not with reindeer. My toon with wings in appearance slot (the frostfell bluish snowing ones) also didn't break.
  5. Loce New Member

Completed the 50k faction with Vahla on Getafixy but did not get the achievement for completion. I also noted that I did not get the achievement for completing the 50k faction with the Pakiat which I did after Vahla. Then I went onto Yzru and got that achievement. Now I am redoing the faction for Pakiat but now I can only get the repeatable quests at 800 per quest instead of the 5k; 3k and 1.5k quests I got the first time so it will take a significant amount of time to get faction back up to 50k (4th faction grind as I am repeating Pakiat and then I will have to redo Vahla). Doing the faction grind again will cost me significant time that I could use for evaluating other workings within the beta like tradeskill and group encounters. If I really must redo my faction; is there any way to reset completion of the quests so that I could repeat the quests that gave better faction.
  6. lokar New Member

still a problem
  7. olleran Active Member

Loce , did you get the quest and loot the chest after getting 50k faction ?
  8. Loce New Member

As far as I am aware; I did all quests. When I got to 50k, I still did all non-repeatable quests and I did loot the chests offered.
  9. Shmogre Well-Known Member

The achievements are for finishing the quest line, not just for 50k...did you do the Matriarch's final quest ("Dedication Rewarded") and loot the chest near her when she mentions it? Finishing that last quest should trigger the achievement; if your quest journal shows it as completed and you don't have the Vahla achievement, then it's definitely a bug.
  10. Kaitheel Developer

There isn't an achievement for getting your faction to 50k, but I know which ones you are talking about. The different quest lines all have a final quest, after you've earned 50k. These are the quests you need to complete in order to get the different quest line achievements.

Vahla = Dedication Rewarded
    Pakiat = Reflection of Recollection
    Yrzu = The Majestrix's Trust

Make sure to complete those quests.

~ Kaitheel
  11. Godelpus New Member

I fell for this as well: did all 3 factions to 50k and finished the sig line only to find out I missed the Reflection of Recollection quest. So no beta rewards for me as I'm stuck at -50k Pakiat faction. On the plus side, I won't make that mistake on live :)
  12. Kaitheel Developer

My tests today didn't find this to be consistent, Mermut. But you and Iokar were right that an issue still remained! I found that only one of her two dialogue prompts to cast the illusion had been fixed last time. After the next Beta build they will both have the fix!

Thank you, both!

~ Kaitheel
  13. Alenna Well-Known Member

you need to talk to food or drink attendant if they talk back then you go to the one you did not speak to then the book will pop over the artifact attendant. quest is very vague on what to do.
  14. Ladylou New Member

Can not finish my 3rd faction line. Understand I am to talk to Pakiat artifact attendant to get the book. Have hailed them multiple times and nothing but "Good Day"

Quest name: Sphinx Outside the Box
    Quest giver's name: Pannaxxun
    Quest journal text: Speak with aluxob to find answers
  15. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Talk to the other attendants as well (water, food). Eventually your questioning will be noticed and the artifact attendant will pop a quest book for you.
  16. Ikthios New Member

Quest Name: Mindfold Matriarch's Effective Plan
    Offered by: Mindfold Matriarch Taneesha

Not sure if this has already been stated but when i finished the hunting and returned to the matriarch she is not there, no book indicating where to turn it in, but as i approach here usual location i get text in my chat box that Matriarch Taneesha smiles warmly upon me even though i cant see her. I logged and re-entered the game to the same problem, so as of now I cant turn in the quest unless i am presently missing something.
  17. Kaitheel Developer

She's over by the pool, waiting for you.

I meed to force a feather over her, there and suppress the text message you saw. Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
  18. Beee Active Member

Repeatable faction quests
    eg [106] Between a Rock and a Hard Beak
    [106] Artifact Not Fiction
    do not change to "complete" if only the last step eg "Return to Koyame" is left
  19. Kaitheel Developer

Ah, right. It does change them to "complete" on the first time, but each subsequent time it leaves them as "repeatable". This is true for all repeatable quests that remain in your quest journal.

~ Kaitheel
  20. Kaitheel Developer

There's some changes coming to the Vahla quest line, mostly having to do with NPCs and object spawn points in the cities:
    • Here Comes the Bribe - Irdd has moved to a different section of Khali'Vahla.
    • Assumed Identity - Himaduri has moved to a different section of Khali'Vahla.
    • Teach a Man to Aetherfish - Himaduri has moved to a different section of Khali'Vahla.
    • Nothing Subtle About It - The tome of Brutal magic now spawns at different locations in the city of Khali'Yrzu.
    • Doomsday Prep - The Flask of Halcyiolite can now spawn throughout the city of Khali'Vahla.
    • Serving the Mindfold Matriarch - The Metetherial Ewers can now spawn throughout the city of Khali'Vahla.
    • Material Evidence - The Metetherial Ewers can now spawn throughout the city of Khali'Vahla.
    • Counterfeit It to Win It - The Yrzu Metetherial Ewers can now spawn throughout the city of Khali'Yrzu.
    • Counterfeit It to Win It - The Vahla Metetherial Ewers can now spawn throughout the city of Khali'Vahla.
    • Following a Familiar Face - Himaduri has moved to a different section of Khali'Vahla.
    • Show Not Tell - Himaduri has moved to a different section of Khali'Vahla.
    • Mindfold Matriarch's Effective Plan - Mindfold Matriarch Taneesha now has a quest icon at her location near the Mindfold Pool.
    • Fawning Over Flora - Himaduri has moved to a different section of Khali'Vahla.
    ~ Kaitheel