House Vahla Quests Feedback & Bugs

Discussion in 'Quest Discussion' started by Kaitheel, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Kaitheel Developer

There is an order to them. If you are still having this trouble, I suggest you keep clicking on the water and food attendants. If one speaks with you, go to the other. Then when both have spoken, go to the artifact attendant.

~ Kaitheel
  2. Kaitheel Developer

Oh! I will have to investigate. Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
  3. Kaitheel Developer

Good catch! Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
  4. Alenna Well-Known Member

the quest journal is very very vague on this point.
  5. Alenna Well-Known Member

is it meant for the shadowed air elementals be used to update the quest "Koyame's elemental study? quest journal text says Planar air elementals just like the others.
  6. Alenna Well-Known Member

for the quest Koyame's "Elemental study" there are not enough earth elementals and a very rare body drop from them so rare spawn wiht a rare drop is frustrating not fun.
  7. Alenna Well-Known Member

over an hour trying ot get my last to updates for Koyame's "Elemental study of the earth elemental drop and when the rare earth elemental spawns NO BODY DROP at all this must be a bug.
  8. Monstuhr Active Member

Koyame Elemental Study

I agree with the prior feedback. These should be 100% drops and likely reduced to 2 per elemental type. They already are a fairly limited spawn at a handful of different islands. Then its a 25% chance for each specific type to spawn. This is then followed by a percent chance of not dropping an update. This is unnecessary tedious farming at its finest.
  9. Alenna Well-Known Member

especially when it goes live if they don't fix it they are going to hear it from teh players the 1st few weeks.
  10. Shiloh Member

A thought...since there are repeatable quests so early on in the questlines (for all 3 factions), its gonna be a real pain when hundreds of players will be on the same stage at the same time.....hunting the same mobs. And since you need to do these repeatables atleast 4-5 times its gonna be so for a while. My suggestion is to just give higher factionpoints from the quests before the repeatables, and scrap the repeatables.
    Its gonna be a lot of swearing and cussing over something that can be easily avoided.
  11. Sotiak New Member

Quest giver Pannaxxun is stuck below the platform mid way down the cliff with no way to to talk to her to get next quest ..
  12. Kaitheel Developer

I've got a few more bug fixes coming to the Vahla quest line with the next Beta update:
    • Still Not For Breakfast - Cnidcara will no longer try to attack when dead or already fighting.
    • Koyame's Elemental Study - All of the samples drop more readily now.
    • Koyame's Elemental Study - The number of spawned elementals has been increased, including new areas for them to spawn.
    • Clean Sweep the Grounds - The deposited core pairs should no longer be seen when trying to deposit new pairs when repeating this quest.
    The amount of bugs for this quest series are slowing down, but they continue to come in. It's great! Thank you so much for this help!

~ Kaitheel
  13. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

[BUG] The platform has moved out from under her, and Shirada is now mountain climbing. Cannot hail her, so cannot start the Vahla timeline at all at this time.
  14. Shmogre Well-Known Member

This is happening with many of the Vahla NPCs. I managed to work around it by /camping to myself, but some people said that wasn't reliable for them.

(Related: The rampaging stelecat that attacks Himaduri during "Arcana Control" also fell through the world and attacked from more than 700m away. I /bugged both the NPCs and the stelecat in-game.)
  15. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Meant to post this earlier: As a shameless punster and wordplay afficionado, I am loving the giggles and grins I get from the quest titles in this faction. :D
  16. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Quest: Show Not Tell
    Step: Hunt manafin salamanders in southeastern Auroric Tide / Hunt seabound cnidcara for eyes in southeastern Auroric Tide

The map shows a yellow dot for the area called "Auroric Tide" as being in the west (left of the mainland, around /way 1166 7 33), but it seems all of the water is called the "Auroric Tide", not just that specific area. Saying "in the waters to the southeast" might make it a bit more clear where to look.

(It caused me some confusion when looking for mobs in the "southeastern Auroric Tide", since I narrowed my search to that map location; eventually I got desperate and flew around with tracking up and found them on the opposite side of the map from the POI, near Manacross Island.

However, it might be just me that focused on the map point called "Auroric Tide" and didn't generalize it to mean all of the water, so feel free to ignore.)
  17. Kaitheel Developer

Yes, they are an intentional quest target option.

~ Kaitheel
  18. Kaitheel Developer

Thank you, Shmogre! Glad to hear I can entertain someone other than just myself with those. Hehehe!

~ Kaitheel
  19. Kaitheel Developer

This was affecting several of the Vahla faction quest NPCs. It should be resolved now, and the city itself should be more NPC friendly, to boot!

~ Kaitheel
  20. Kaitheel Developer

That's a fair point to consider. Thank you!

~ Kaitheel