House Vahla Quests Feedback & Bugs

Discussion in 'Quest Discussion' started by Kaitheel, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Elowith Active Member

Assumed Identity - the crystals seen awfully sparse, will be horrid with competition.
  2. Elowith Active Member

Profit and Loss - the pillars are either too rare, too long a spawn, or too hard to see. Hard to tell which. :)
  3. Elowith Active Member

Koyame's Elemental Study - nice to have more frequent spawns, but it would be really nice if they always dropped the needed part - still going to be a giant holdup.
  4. poj1 New Member

Quest: Nothing Subtle About It
    Quest giver: Himaduri
    This quest is group bugged. If you get this quest while grouped, killing the eels updates but you can't see the awe-some river rocks. Had to delete the quest, ungroup, get the quest again and do it solo - then it worked fine. Also tried deleting the quest, ungrouping, getting it again, got one rock solo and then grouped again - couldn't see any rocks.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

Quest: Dazzle and Delight
    NPC: Mindfold Matriarch Taneesha

As mentioned there are insufficient flickering ignus.
    The quest requires 14 to be killed and there are never more then 12 up at once.... that is too few for one person.. since this is a repeatable quest, it is way way too many.
  6. Kaitheel Developer

The Vahla quest changes submitted today for the next Beta update are:
    • Serving the Mindfold Matriarch - The metetherial fibre should now be easier to see.
    • Clean Sweep the Grounds - Mindfold Matriarch Taneesha will now ackowledge your quest progress, even if you have already completed Dedication Rewarded.
    There's more to do! Thank you all for your continuing help in making this Beta so successful!

~ Kaitheel
  7. Pidz Member

Quest Still Not for Breakfast
    Given by Shirada

The player is not always attacked by a cnidcara when the red message "A cnidcara nester is attacking you!" appears while harvesting the eggs.
  8. Pidz Member

This happen when the cnidcaras are dead and when two egg clutches next to each other are harvested, the message appears even if there are no cnidcaras nearby.
  9. Kaitheel Developer

D'oh! Thank you for alerting me.

~ Kaitheel
  10. Kaitheel Developer

That is really odd. I was not able to reproduce it. The awe-laced stones are on a very straight forward view predicate. If your quest journal says "Gather awe-laced river stones" you can see them.

I suspect it was just an issue with finding them. They had been moving rocks, literally rolling around, and sometimes under the world (!?). They were challenging to spot. Now there are more of them, they are stationary, with even more possible spawn points, and a different state on them. Hopefully with all these adjustments they will be easier to spot!

~ Kaitheel
  11. Kaitheel Developer

More changes coming to Beta with the next update:
    • Assumed Identity - The amount of aetherscar crystals has been increased.
    • Doomsday Prep - The metetherial stone is much easier to see now!
    • Doomsday Prep - Jihyon now gives a clue as to the location of the other components needed, if you do not have them.
    • Following a Familiar Face - The ignus dancers on Scintillating Spires respawn faster now.
    • Following a Familiar Face - Journal and dialogue now specifies peak whirlers are quest targets, too.
    • Dazzle and Delight - Increased the number of flickering ignus at the Amphitheater of Song.
    ~ Kaitheel
  12. Nypthes New Member

Sphinx outside the box
    Unable to speak with any of the attendants after finding all the artifacts, they say hello but do not advance the quest. Please advise? Artifact attendant doesn't enter into dialogue when I am in sphinx illusion
  13. Elinea Well-Known Member

Quest: Dazzle and Delight (repeatable)
    Quest giver: Mindfold Matriarch Taneesha
    Quest text: Place 7 pairs of effulgence cores (paraphrased)

The issue I'm having with this is that the pairs of cores from previous quests (this is repeatable) are still visible and the cores block the sparkly spot where you need to click to place the new sets of cores. Maybe once you're on the quest the previous pairs could not be visible?

I have a screenshot of it, but for whatever reason, I'm not able to attach a picture to replies?
  14. Kaitheel Developer

There's still more issues to be examined and more changes to come, but here's the most recent changes that should be in with the next Beta update:
    • Between a Rock and a Hard Beak - The Plumewit eggs can be easier to see now.
    • Material Evidence - The Yrzu elementals are now agro.
    • Material Evidence - The mysterious Yrzu can no longer be hailed while running.
    ~ Kaitheel
  15. Mermut Well-Known Member

Quest: Dazzle and Delight

Despositing the efflulgence cores (clicking on the sparkles) is not a group update.
  16. Mermut Well-Known Member

Quests: Clean Sweep the Grounds and Dazzle and Delight

Both of these quests are repeatables from the same NPC, but you can only accept one at time (unlike some other NPCs who offer multiple repeatables that you do both at the same time).
  17. Pidz Member

Quest Sphinx Outside the Box
    Given by Pannaxxun

The flying animation of the sphinx illusion only occurs while flying forward (holding up arrow), there is no flying animation when the player turns right, turns left, strafes right, strafes left, goes up, goes down and moves backward without holding the up arrow.
  18. Pidz Member

Quest Arcana Control
    Given by Himaduri

The "h" of "hunt" is not in uppercase in the objective "hunt plains ceffyl and heights ceffyl"
  19. Kaitheel Developer

Knowing how many there are that spawn, and respawn immediately, I suspect you may not have found all of the possible spawnpoints. (Try searching up higher and around more of the large crystal formations.) That said, I put more possible spawn points down lower, too.

~ Kaitheel
  20. Kaitheel Developer

It's the draw distance on the current art asset. It is not intended to be the final art.

~ Kaitheel