House Pet Limits

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Saw-Lau, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Saw-Lau Member

I've finally outgrown my starter home in Neriak, and am looking to move up the housing ladder.

One thing I've noticed while decorating 8 Indigo Road is that only some of my house pets are active at any one time. I like my house pets to get some exercise and not sit there sleeping. Does anybody know what the limits are for the number of active house pets? As a Necromancer I will happily cull down to that number for those that don't make the grade... :)
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I don't think there is a limit. I have the Elaborate Estate of Unrest prestige home and none of my pets are active unless I go and wake them up. I also have 3 pets in my T4 guild hall and they are always asleep and never move from where I placed them 18 months ago.

I think there is just an issue with the house pets. Hopefully someone else will chime in with what they see with their housepets.

I know years ago, the housepets were almost always roaming around and then something changed it.
    Saw-Lau likes this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The problem is that if you have lots of housepets and animated things it can lag your house to a standstill. I have no idea if they changed how housepets operate or not, but if they did, this is likely why.

Check each pet by right-clicking and make sure it's not set to sleep or stay or whatever. Also remember that plushies might flex a litte, but they don't wander around.
    Saw-Lau likes this.
  4. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Mine never stay where I put them, darn things! I want them to guard the upper level from all the revolting peasants outside in case some break in to try to steal my "valuables". They keep wandering off and when I do go back home, I have to put them back on guard duty posts again. Just because there is no relief for them doesn't mean they can just wander off when they get bored!
    Saw-Lau, Cyrrena and Dude like this.