House Limits

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Vichane, Dec 1, 2021.

1. Vichane Well-Known Member

Is it possible to increase the number of houses allowed? I literally just hit my limit trying to claim the Castle Vacrul home! Also, I absolutely love all the work that went into the recipes and tradeskill in general, thank you Denmum!

Sincerely,
    An upset spider lady
  2. Denmum Developer

I can inquire, but I'd not hold out much hope in the near future.
  3. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

OH NOOOOO, there is a limit? My main may be getting close to that, I certainly hope not.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Vichane like this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, something like 30 houses per toon? Not sure, since I've never had that many, never having been that rich in- or out-of-game... ;)

Uwk
    who only started buying CEs once they went on sale, and was only interested in them after they introduced special recipe books (which was, frankly, infuriating; thank goodness they a) started the discount sales on CEs pretty soon afterwards [like, the next expac, iirc], and b) Mum pestered them into letting us buy the old books now...thanks, Mum! :D)
    Breanna and Moonpanther like this.
  5. Momo Well-Known Member

Would it maybe be possible to implement an option, to kind of "gift" a home from one character to another? I would dearly love to keep homes I bought from Marketplace on my account but remove them from characters that are either "full" or that I dont want to keep any longer or that are server merged after a TLE ends or such... Might there be a chance for that?
  6. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

I think there should be a way to transfer a house deed from one character to another on the same account, as an heirloom & lore item. Obviously as long as the recipient character has one, they couldn't take the deed out of the shared bank, etc.
    Sadly, I had to give up an Oakmyst Glade house which had been given to me as a gift when I deleted a character. :(
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, no! Those are beautiful places... :(

Easy way, perhaps (not sure what goes into our character "records" once we use a Deed, but I haven't been able to get another Mistmoore Crags Estate in a city I'd Betrayed to, like from Freeport to Qeynos); just make them LORE tagged or so...on the other hand, there has to be some record somewhere, because I couldn't acquire another Mistmoore. As for transferring, I think the closest thing we've had was sharing Layout Files with someone else; you could apply, for instance, a finished Layout File from a 2-room New Halas house on your account to one on mine, as long as it was the same exact "address" and I had the same items in the house, or whatever; forgot how that was supposed to work. :-/

It would be good to somehow, when you relinquish your house, to be able to get the Deed back again, but just have it be Heirloom, yeah. :)

Uwk
    Breanna and Momo like this.
  8. Momo Well-Known Member

Thats a cool idea Uwk, this might actually work! I really, really hope there is a way to implement something like this... cuz yea, deleting homes deeds with chars is aweful :(
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  9. Vichane Well-Known Member

I am just talking about straight house limits guys, not moving deeds from one character to another.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  10. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

I think we get that, just offering up other ideas along the same line. I definitely agree that as they add more & more houses they should nudge the limit up a bit higher. Even if someone has only homes from expacs, Collectors Editions, etc they add up pretty fast. And for those who primarily only do home decorating 30 is certainly a low number. LOL ;)
    Momo, Juraiya, Vichane and 1 other person like this.
  11. Momo Well-Known Member

Yes, sorry about that Vichane, I didnt mean to be impolite. Denmum says she asks... I sincerely hope she is sucessful, holding my fingers crossed :)
  12. Vichane Well-Known Member

You weren't impolite at all!
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I would get some alts to get more houses and you decorate some more , if you only got 9 alts , that makes 10 toons and 300 houses .
  14. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Yeah, my main is almost at the max. You'd think they'd want to be able to sell us more premium houses! :)
  15. Vichane Well-Known Member

Bump, anyone heard anything on this?
  16. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Sigh; so many money-spinning suggestions we've had for them in the past were either a) never implemented ("We're allergic to making money, and we'd rather pay $400/hour consultants [whose answer to various woes was, "Listen to your customers."] rather than listen to the players!"), b) weren't implemented due to technical issues, which were never explained to us; or c) finally, reluctantly implemented, but rarely spoken of and had to be discovered the hard way, often (which might have prompted them to Vault or remove things entirely because no one bought them... /facepalm).

(To be fair, there were quite a few things that were implemented; kudos to them for that.)

In the case of houses, though, it could just be a server space issue. :-/

Uwk
    Geroblue and Juraiya like this.
  18. Vichane Well-Known Member

It could be server space, but Vichane (the one with 30 houses) has been my main for years, and she's the main character I roleplay, she's the main one to have all the houses. I love the fact she has so many of the collector edition houses, etc...and I don't want to relinquish them because most of them have been decorated and I am emotionally attached to either the memories of the RP in the house, or the person that decorated it for me.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I could just be speaking from technical ignorance, but I think one thing that could really help them out with us would be to somehow improve their servers: either finally just break down and buy them, or rent better ones, or however it is they do it. As it is, zoning times are massively dragging; even going to an outdoor zone like Eastern Wastes if no one else has been there in the last, what, 5-10 minutes? Even the hard-core raiders have been heard to mutter about that... :-/

And it would definitely help them out with us decorators, to be able to have more houses. ;->

Uwk
    who remembers those dark days of yore, when seven character slots (per region, so with Crushbone, and Public Test, and Splitpaw, and Storms [back when Europe was full of separate regions]... :D) was THE MAXIMUM, FOREVER AND ALWAYS, AMEN, IT SHALL NEVER BE CHANGED until we got Character Slots -- oh, hey! SELL us the option to have more houses! House Slots like Character Slots! :)
    Breanna, Morukta and Geroblue like this.