House items that don't stack, but should

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Mirt, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Plushies should, but pets don't, true. :-/

Uwk
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Dalron's Small Black Book [extended edition]

Heh! Again, this is a computer-generated book, nothing that we could, ah, adjust, even if we wanted to. ;->

If a book isn't customizable, if it's something that They sell us from a merchant or give us as a quest reward or something, dang it, they should all be stackable. The personalizable "books" (including holiday cards, like Erollisi Day and Frostfell ones) aren't all that plentiful, in comparison. I'm sure there's all sorts of programming "tags" to indicate which is which; follow the tags, o devs, and make yours stackable, please. ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Rickety Stage Stairs (the stage was already mentioned, the stairs were not) do not stack
  4. elflover Well-Known Member

Miner's Lucky Geode Pile
    Miner's Lucky Crystal Pile
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Wow! I'm actually kind of shocked on those, since they're fairly new, if memory serves. :-/

Uwk
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

/lightning crackles in the dark skies overhead, sending a bolt down a thick cable into a laboratory...

"It's alive. It's ... ALIVE!!! :D"

"They send it couldn't -- shouldn't -- be done. But ... it lives! It breathes! It goes to the top of the forum stack! Muahahahahaha!"

I vote that any new Moonlight Grotto/holiday/etc. item introduced gets checked to see if it's stackable or not (there should be some li'l flag somewhere in the code, like, I'm guessing, for books/cards and house pets), and then gets made stackable, if possible. :)

That way, we only have to worry about the old stuff... :-/

Uwk
    (seriously, this should be stickied, imho, until all stackable items are ;->)
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Brewmyst Well-Known Member

Bolt of Fine Red Patterned Cloth
    Bolt of Fine Blue Patterned Cloth
  8. Brewmyst Well-Known Member

a Ca'Na elitia
  9. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Decorative rainbow candycane
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT...

The Goblin Supply Runner House Pet(s) from the Isle of Refuge section of Housing in the Marketplace DO stack (at least in the Discounted Bundle of them), even though they can be named individually. I haven't tried naming them and then tried to re-stack them, but I have at least one player-written book to protect in that house, so I'm a bit leery of messing anything up. :-/

The Kneeling Goblins stack, but that's all right because they're plushies. ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Another ordinary not-stacking-but-should thing:

a Small Ornate Freeport End Table

Uwk
  12. Merriel Well-Known Member

I have noticed that most of the items from the Freeport furniture merchant do not stack, but I also noted that Denmum may have already listed these items in her very long list of items that do not stack, hrehe. I haven't checked the other city furniture merchants, but I would presume to think the same of them. Seems like an easy enough fix for the devs...just go through each of these furniture merchants and 'fix' the ones that haven't yet been 'fixed'. :)
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm...also, shouldn't there be a flag or something in the code for house items that says "this stacks!" or something? Have a program look for things missing that flag that DON'T have "house pet" or "personalizable book/card" flags, and at least list them, or bring them to the devs' attention somehow. ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Looking at my trusty spreadsheet collection of these lists, there are about 290+ items (minus duplicate mentions, which I'm guilty of too :oops:) that need to be dealt with somehow by the devs. I think all non-personalizable house items from holidays, including Moonlight Grottoes, should be looked at first (since there's not a ton of them), then NPC merchants, then quest rewards. That should go a long way toward fixing a lot of them. :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Merriel Well-Known Member

I don't know if these have already been listed, but...

Small Rectangular Combine Rug
    Large Rectangular Combine Rug
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The Large was, but the Small is new. :)

Uwk
    /looking up from the spreadsheet
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Halasian andiron
    \aITEM -1816159916 1226562241 0 0 0:[Halasian Andiron]\/a
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yep, got that too; think it was in one of Oaky's lists. :)

In a way, though, this is all encouraging; indicates we actually don't have too much stuff that isn't stacking. ;->

Still, 290 items is 290 too many. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Brewmyst Well-Known Member

while some of the items on these lists are now stacking, there still are some that aren't.

Pink Vesspyr Bloom still doesn't stack, yet the Violet Vesspyr Bloom does (think they were bought from the same vendor)
  20. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

At this point, we likely need to start a new list.

Random spot check found the following non-stackable:

Empty Far Seas Bookcase
    Far Seas Bookcase