House Item Visual Issues

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Inastria, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Inastria New Member

I always enjoy browsing through the broker to look for house items, but I recently bought an Elaborate Observatory Table from the broker. On preview, the item looks really neat. Unfortunately, when I actually get around to putting it in my house, the design of the table just manifests as a solid slab of clay. Anyone know any fixes?

Posting a picture seems too complicated so I think this link does the same thing in any case.

http://s346.photobucket.com/user/Vocallo/library/
  2. Breanna Well-Known Member

I have one of those, mine looks like the 1st picture (the pretty one) No idea why yours looks goofey, maybe check what you have your graphics set at possibly your rendering, does it look different if you zoom in on it as opposed to standing back? Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I'd check your graphics, as Breanna suggested. But also close the game, start the Launchpad, click the Advanced Tools button (with the crossed wrench and hammer) and select Validate Game Assets. The texture file may just be borked.
  4. Castegyre Well-Known Member

Yeah, that looks like something isn't loading right.

Sometimes there can be an issue with house items that they don't render in correctly because the item is small and something weird like it's rotated just slightly the wrong way has happened. So maybe a clear glass can only be seen from up close or an items with small details is missing some of them unless you enlarge it or rotate it a little bit. The game simply flubs it and it doesn't show up right until you tweak the item.

This doesn't look like one of those cases.
  5. Inastria New Member

Will try the asset validation tip first. With the graphics in mind, I have almost everything set to high, very high/max. I figured since it made the artwork on carpets and rug render properly that it can do the same for everything else.
    Of note, previewing bottles and other items with clear glass, the glass does not show through. When I place it, then it kind of has a thick, glossy thing instead of the glass.
  6. Inastria New Member

Asset validation didn't work. When I walk up to it and it loads, it still looks like a flat clay table. If I walk away from it and look from afar it still looks the same or it dissapears cuz I'm too far.