House Deco Challenge - Reignite the Magic

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Ocarinah, Oct 8, 2021.

1. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Hi everyone! I know it is sometimes hard finding time to participate in house swaps or contests. However...I want to have a low stress way to join in on the fun. Good way to reduce stress is coming up with crazy deco ideas. Let's have a magical holiday season this year!

Challenge Name: Reignite the Magic
    Theme: Night of the Dead, Frostfell AND/OR Scary Xmas
    Start Date: Travel back in time to any time...any house regardless of when it was decorated
    End Date: January 31st, 2022 11:59 pm PST (27 days after Frostfell ends)
    Server: All except Test and Drunder (Must be able to Gift Marketplace Items on Server) :p
    Winners: Best House/Guildhall multiply by three! & Random Picked & Participation

Want to see your magical houses (or guildhalls). The possibilities are endless. Spooky haunted house. Creepy graveyard. Beautifully decorated holiday party full of Frostfell gifts. Crazy holiday guests causing big drama. Santa Claws that is totally goth with red eyes and wolverine claws. Bring whole different meaning to "he sees you when you're sleeping. He knows when you're awake." Muhahahaha!!! Can be scary, spooky, creepy, gross, ugly, silly, crazy, disastrous, beautiful, frozen, wacky, strange, cute, eventful, magical, etc.

Five (Yes 5!) Prizes:
    1. Best Scary house/guildhall prize could be ONE of the "Builder's Kit" or "Forgotten Furniture" recipe books from Marketplace OR winner can pick giftable Marketplace item worth 500 DB or less.
    2. Best Frozen house/guildhall prize could be ONE of the "Builder's Kit" or "Forgotten Furniture" recipe books from Marketplace OR winner can pick giftable Marketplace item worth 500 DB or less.
    3. Best Scary Xmas house/guildhal prize could be ONE of the "Builder's Kit" or "Forgotten Furniture" recipe books from Marketplace OR winner can pick giftable Marketplace item worth 500 DB or less.
    4. A random drawn winner too ;). All participates are part of one random drawing. A random winner prize could be ONE of the "Builder's Kit" or "Forgotten Furniture" recipe books from Marketplace OR winner can pick giftable Marketplace item worth 500 DB or less.
    5. ALL entries will get a participation prize from Daybreak. Most likely the "Brazier of the Reignited Flame" item again but not guaranteed that is item.
    Rules:
    • Must have minimum of 100 house items
    • Must be theme related (Reignite the Magic / Scary Xmas)
      • You can do Night of the Dead theme :mad:
      • You can do Frostfell theme :cool:
      • OR You can do a Scary Xmas where you combine Night of the Dead with Frostfell :eek:
    • You can submit one house PER theme (so basically up to three houses)
    • Must be decorated by you or team with you as member
    • Can be old house/guildhall or brand new one
    • You do NOT have to be owner of the house
    • House does NOT have to be published
    • Does NOT matter if house was published before today
    • Does NOT matter if was part of another event except NO previous Reignite event entries
    • Rent is paid through February 15, 2022 (so I can do tour video)
    • Only one character* receives Best House/Guildhall prize Night of the Dead themed
    • Only one character* receives Best House/Guildhall prize Frostfell themed
    • Only one character* receives Best House/Guildhall prize Scary Xmas themed
    • Only one character* receives Random winner prize
    • Only one character* receives Participation prize per entry
    Submit: Must be submitted by 11:59 pm PDT January 31, 2022.Please send each submit each house/guildhall separately. Can send house/guildhall entry three different ways...
    Must use this Info Format:
    Server Name:
    Decorator(s) Name:
    House Title or Guild Name:
    Owner Name:
    Address:
    Leaderboard Category (if published):
    * Character Name to Receive Prize (server.charactername):
    Breanna likes this.
  2. puppybreath Member

Each house gets a Personal House Item Limit Expander (200) from Marketplace. All my houses have the House Expander (100) on them as well as the 200. This means if I wish to take part it would be an empty house and that is not what you are asking for so as the Sharks would say.... "For those reasons, Im out." I will look around anyway to see what I can find. I would hate to pass on a challenge such as this. :D
    *And may I say on a side note... N0 true blooded decorator would decorate a house and not use a total of 300 expanders on their house! :p Those who agree with them raise you hand! ;)
    • Rent is paid through February 15, 2021 (so I can do tour video) I think you meant to say 2022? :)
    Dont stop decorating & keep your thumb out of the way!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  3. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I could have sworn I changed it so all the prizes said "prize could be ONE of the "Builder's Kit" or "Forgotten Furniture" recipe books from Marketplace OR winner can pick giftable Marketplace item worth 500 DB or less". And I could have sworn all of them said 2022. Somehow I must have done undo instead of paste. Hopefully all prizes say the same thing EXCEPT the participation prize. And I am not forcing people to decorate an empty house but if you want to decorate a brand new house just for this event I would be very excited about that too. Which is why I put a minimum item count as one of the rules. This event is open to all people even if they haven't decorated before and would like to in a very low pressure event. Plus, if prize still was the expander....there is nothing stopping you from using it on a house for someone else's house swap or contest :p. Yes...keep your thumb out of the way...I bite! :D
  4. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Correction: Excluding Test Server because I cannot gift Marketplace items there.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

This is true! Expanders go to the person, not the house automatically; the person then decides where/who to put it on. ;->

And if memory serves, they're Heirloom; you can put them in the Bank for your alts. :)

And even if it's just one Expander, that still saves you on money for the other! :D

Uwk
    who just finished watching "Nightmare Before Christmas" again...and regretting our Mannequins can't wear NotD costumes er, Illusions; can Actors? /ponder
    Breanna and Komatus like this.
  6. Komatus Active Member

I watched that movie on Tuesday! Great isn't it! :)
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I must've watched it at least a dozen times in the theater, at theater prices (though usually I could bribe a Significant Other or a good buddy to spring for it ;->), simply because, while it was a cute story, good music (Danny Elfman!), etc., what really turned me on was the fact that it was ALL PHYSICAL (I've got like all the "making of" books, DVD extras, etc.). Almost old-school stop-motion, just using a computer to get things smoothed out. Brilliant! :)

And stupid Disney had no idea what to do with it; all the best toys and other cool souvenirs came from Japan originally, where they "got it" immediately. :D Da Mouse is finally catching up out here... ;->

Uwk
    Breanna and Komatus like this.