House Deco Challenge - Reignite the Laughter

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Ocarinah, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Hi everyone! I know it is sometimes hard finding time to participate in house swaps or contests. However...I want to have a low stress way to join in on the fun. Good way to reduce stress is laughter. Don't take life so seriously all the time. I am an April Fools baby, so I love to laugh.

Theme: Reignite the Laughter
    Start Date: Travel back in time to any time...any house regardless of when it was decorated
    End Date: June 7th, 2021 11:59 pm PST (33 days after HHE21 and 3 days after Oceansfull begins)
    Server: All except Drunder :p
    Winners: Best House/Guildhall & Random Picked & Participation

Want to see your silly houses (or guildhalls). The possibilities are endless. A crazy upside down house...wacky colored house...weird layout (stairs that go nowhere or maze that makes me get lost)...practical joke on a poor unexpecting house actor...killing Qho in the silliest way possible...making Ocarinah or Building Inspector get stuck.

Prizes: Best house/guildhall gets a Personal House Item Limit Expander (200) from Marketplace. Plus, a random drawn winner too ;). Random prize might be Personal House Item Limit Expander (200) from Marketplace OR could be a randomly picked Marketplace item. All entries will get a participation prize from Daybreak.

Rules:
    • Must have minimum of 100 house items
    • Must be theme related (Reignite the Laughter)
    • Must be decorated by you or team with you as member
    • Can be old house or brand new one
    • You do NOT have to be owner of the house
    • House does NOT have to be published
    • Does NOT matter if house was published before today or part of another event
    • Can be a guildhall
    • Rent is paid through June 15, 2021 (so I can do tour video)
    • Only one character* receives Best House/Guildhall prize
    • Only one character* receives Random winner prize
    Submit: Must be submitted by 11:59 pm PDT May 31, 2021. Can send house submission three different ways...
    Info Format:
    Server Name:
    Decorator(s) Name:
    House Title or Guild Name:
    Owner Name:
    Address:
    Leaderboard Category (if published):
    * Character Name to Receive Prize (server.charactername):
    Aney~, elflover, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  2. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Ok. . . I might have a house. . . .
    sign me up
  3. Edriliane Active Member

Can we submit a guildhall or is it limited to houses only ? Because I have a guildhall I've been meaning to redo with an idea that would fit the theme.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Bless you, Oaky! I have the perfect (imho) old place for this on Thurgadin; would just need to double-check the item count and re-name it for this. ;->

This'll be way easier than the prior one! :D

Uwk
    Edriliane, Ocarinah and Breanna like this.
  5. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I am willing to open it to guild halls as well. I can change wording above to (except the thread title) include them.
  6. kianne Well-Known Member

Oh i might just have something that i can add with this one , or one that i have done for someone else, all my actors have monologue .. if that's acceptable ?

EDIT! LOL scratch that im a wee bit late to the party lol
  7. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

You are really early to the party ;) and yes you can use something you decorated for someone else.
  8. Edriliane Active Member

Thanks Oaky, that will give me the motivation to actually getting around to do it :D .
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  9. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Pop back up top
  10. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

11. elflover Well-Known Member

okie found a house
  12. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I have extended this event until end of day June 7th. There were lots of down times and also you don't have to spend a holiday weekend working on this. Hope you enter...come on it is super easy peasy :rolleyes:
  13. Robynous Well-Known Member

This sounds like more fun than I can handle at the moment! The closest I have got to during the pandemic is a whimsical halfling home.
  14. Edriliane Active Member

I've submitted mine !

Remember folks, for any of these challenges you don't have to make a new house, you can reuse any old one that fits the theme, even if you've already presented it to the forum. That's why it's so easy to participate.

You even get goodies just for entering the challenge !
  15. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Yes!!! Thank you for this post! I want it to be super easy. I laugh at all sorts of things and smile all the time with people's houses :rolleyes: . The few examples above, something a house actor says or just about anything. I just want something fun for people that don't have the time to do one of the house swaps at this time in their life. You for sure get the participation prize and a chance at a random drawn house expander OR could be a randomly picked Marketplace item. Everyone is a winner with the participation prize :)
  16. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Go for it! You got nothing to lose
  17. Robynous Well-Known Member

Okay, I have put Scrumpy's house into the reckoning! At the very least Scrumpy will have a visitor!
  18. Edriliane Active Member

Yay ! Looking forward to see it ! :D
  19. Edriliane Active Member

20. Edriliane Active Member

Bumpity bump :).

(I don't know if the challenge is still gonna happen in the future but just in case I'm bumping it up for easier access. Hope everyone is doing well.)