House Deco Challenge - BLGD22 (Building Looks Good Dead)

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Ocarinah, Mar 29, 2022.

1. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Hi everyone! I know it is sometimes hard finding time to participate in house swaps or contests. However, I want to have a low stress way to join in on the fun. Good way to reduce stress is coming up with crazy deco ideas. Want ALL skill levels to be able to participate - you got nothing to lose so go for it! Help me with amazing Building and/or Ocarinah artwork!

Challenge Name: Building Looks Good Dead
    Theme: Amazing looking places for Building OR Ocarinah artwork
    Start Date: Travel back in time to any time...any house/guildhall regardless of when it was decorated
    End Date: September 30th, 2022 11:59 pm PST
    Server: All except Test and Drunder (Must be able to Gift Marketplace Items on Server) :p
    Winners: Best House/Guildhall times two! & Random Picked & Participation

Want to see your amazing houses (or guildhalls). The possibilities are endless. I would love some new artwork that I can use in my next RL house where I will be doing videos. If I have my own space to do videos anytime, I would love to make it amazing place to hang out in my house. Might even use the artwork for T-shirt or other merch for my youtube channel. Even though challenge says Building looks good dead, it could be for either Building or Ocarinah. You can submit up to two houses (or guild halls) total one for Building and one for Ocarinah. Ocarinah does not have to go splat though so can be any type of scene. Yes you can just submit one entry as well.

Four (Yes 4!) Prizes:
    1. Best Building Inspector house/guildhall prize. Winner can pick giftable Marketplace item worth 500 DB or less.
    2. Best Ocarinah house/guildhall prize. Winner can pick giftable Marketplace item worth 500 DB or less.
    3. A random drawn winner too ;). All participates are part of one random drawing. A random winner prize can pick giftable Marketplace item worth 500 DB or less.
    4. ALL entries will get a participation prize from Daybreak.
    Rules:
    • Must have minimum of 100 house items
    • You can submit up to two houses or guild halls (one for Building and one for Ocarinah)
    • Must be decorated by you or team with you as member
    • Can be old house/guildhall or brand new one
    • You do NOT have to be owner of the house
    • House does NOT have to be published
    • Does NOT matter if house was published before today
    • Does NOT matter if was part of another event except NO previous Reignite event entries
    • Rent is paid through October 31, 2022 (so I can do tour video)
    • Permission to use any screenshot in house (guild hall) for artwork on my RL house walls that may appear in videos
    • Permission to use any screenshot in house (guild hall) for artwork on a T-shirt or other merch for my youtube channel
    • Only one character* receives Best House/Guildhall prize Building Inspector themed
    • Only one character* receives Best House/Guildhall prize Ocarinah themed
    • Only one character* receives Random winner prize
    • Only one character* receives Participation prize per entry
    • Warning: Prizes might change (last event added plat and LoN item and everyone was a winner)
    Submit: Must be submitted by 11:59 pm PDT September 30th, 2022. Please send each submit each house/guildhall separately. Can send house/guildhall entry three different ways...
    Must use this Info Format:

Server Name:
    Decorator(s) Name:
    House Title or Guild Name:
    Theme: Building OR Ocarinah
    Waypoint(s) (not required) : Possible artwork location(s) you think I might like
    Owner Name:
    Address:
    Leaderboard Category (if published):
    * Character Name to Receive Prize (server.charactername):
  2. Misstake Well-Known Member

Sounds so fun... I will have to come up with a concept but you know I am in =D
  3. Edriliane Active Member

So this is an...interesting challenge idea to say the least :D. When you mean Ocarinah going "splat", do you mean you yourself as Ocarinah or Building want to be sent personally on a little trip to Ethernere or can we use a house actor ?
  4. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I want to tour a house or guild hall and have my actual Ocarinah or Building characters be able to take a screenshot. Why splat for Building... well I have a habit of jumping off things to have him go splat at the end of tours. I sort of see Ocarinah being stuck in or under furniture which happens all the time. It is basically so there is no real theme cuz anything will work. Ugly, scary, pretty, gloomy, funny, bright, dark, whatever works since I like it all. Plus, I have been thinking of what artwork I could use in my space to do videos in the house I hope to be able to move to before end of the year. It is just a way for me to keep hoping and dreaming of the better future. Right now just doing things in game that will dull my brain (organizing all my house items) or thinking of how to decorate/design next RL house so I stop worrying about some things going on with my health.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

Hmmm . . this sound very interesting - but I'm a little confuddled.
    Is there some sort of theme intended or desired for "Ocarinah" and/or "Building" ? (I know these are character names you have & use for play or touring homes). Or is it really just about the potential for artwork you can use for display in your new abode space for making videos (also, WOOHOO for you!!) without disturbing the hubs?

Either way, I'm gonna have to see what I have to submit!
  6. Edriliane Active Member

Ah I see, maybe we can put a little "go stand over there" book at the start of the home so you know what we have in mind for you then ;).
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Just remember to change at least 51% of the visual elements so DBG doesn't go, "Hey! That's right off a screenshot from our intellectual property!" and gets all up in arms about it. ;->

Or maybe the Fair Use thing would cover it; not sure...

Sounds like a blast! :) I may do the lazy thing and put in something old... ;->

Uwk
    Quiarrah and Breanna like this.
  8. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

9. draidean Well-Known Member

I've got a hosue for this =) It's the only one I've published outside of a contest or swap. I was thinking about updating it recently and filling up the item count/space, so this gives me a reason to do that =D
    Ocarinah and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

Hmmn... interesting
  11. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

*nudges memory*
  12. Misstake Well-Known Member

Still working on my submission.
  13. Chikkin Well-Known Member

I'm so confused. Do you just need a nice image to take a screenshot of? Like the pic we take when we publish a house?

I'm not getting Building or oaky looking dead or splatting either.

Halp?
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, you could always have them Feign Death or do the /sleep command; I think you can even do that latter one with an Actor. :)

And they wouldn't be exactly "dead," just consorting with Death's younger brother. ;->

Uwk
    Ocarinah likes this.
  15. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Yes, you can think of it as the image of when you publish a house or submit. But you are not submitting the image you are submitting a house you have decorated. Doesn't have to be the full house but it can be. Anything can work for this. You can use house actor to look like Building or Ocarinah or can be my actual character when I do video tour. If you do not use house actor, you can note where the event should happen or can note it is up to Building or Ocarinah. Goal...have fun and be creative (or was creative in an already completed place).

Can be that one of them has been killed, smooshed, exploded, whacked, bashed, drown, splatted, trampled, hooked, chopped, diced, fried, boiled, stuffed, mangled, shot, smacked, poisoned, nicked, trapped, mushed, sliced, minced, injected, stabbed, glued, beheaded, flung, hung, done, and/or anything/everything in between. It can be pretty, ugly, dirty, beautiful, funny, sad, angry, surprising, naughty, creepy, nice, flirty, lovely, crazy, silly, scary, spooky, bazar, shinie, itchy, dancy, pouncy, bouncy, floaty, unbelievable, suspicious, delirious, joyous, monstrous, gross, sick, lost, mysterious, right, wrong, maybe and/or anything/everything in between.

:eek: Still confused...you are thinking about it too much :rolleyes:. I just want a fun way to get people to submit houses that is no stress, hardly any rules and any skill level feel they can participate. You got nothing to lose so come on show me some stuff.

Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  16. Edriliane Active Member

I have taken a bit of a break from decorating lately, so I don't have anything new to offer. However I have an old project that is unfinished that could work but only if you're okay with an unfinished house. The entry area is completely done, the unfinished part is hidden behind a door.

If that doesn't work for you I can still send you to another of my houses that you've toured in the past. I just have had that one for a while and even if it isn't complete I'd still like to show you the bits that are.
  17. draidean Well-Known Member

Mine's done and published on AB, medium homes, Deathday Party! I hope you like it =)

Server Name: Antonia Bayle
    Decorator(s) Name: Celestiell
    House Title or Guild Name: Deathday Party
    Theme: Your option
    Waypoint(s): Your option
    Owner Name: Tryskalin
    Address: Fish's Alehouse Luxury Apartment, Qeynos Province District
    Leaderboard Category: Hall of Fame, Newly Published number 5 atm. Medium home.
  18. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

Oh, alright. I'll throw in an old, OLD house -- to any and ALL who visit, be sure to bring your Micro-naut suits! :)

I've been cancelled - my home is no longer listed for this contest. (ie, deliberately deleted)
    Sad Micro-Gnome.
  19. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I am going to extend the deadline to Friday September 30th at 11:59 pm pst. Hope more can participate...come on people it is super easy peasy!
  20. Eshnee Member

I will submit my guild's hall:

T1 Qeynos guild hall
    The guild is House Rindol ( Entrance is in N. Qey just below the castle entrance /waypoint 329.82, -20.87, 5.17 )

The hall's name is Renton Keep (although that will not be seen until entering), this is in homage to Vanguard: Saga of Heroes. Please allow the entry a little bit to load. Please let me know if you need additional information.