Hotkey bar

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Leloes, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Leloes Well-Known Member

Could someone tell me how to add another hotkey bar for spells? Thanks!
  2. Khieran Active Member

Right click on a hotkey bar and select "add another hotbar" (or some similar wording)

You can also hit F10 to enter a UI editing mode where you can drag windows around and resize them - if you want, you can make a hotbar vertical/horizontal/etc. that way. Hit F10 twice to get back to your normal UI
    Leloes likes this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

There is a limit to the total number of hotbars, unfortunately. I REALLY want an Ascensions Bar, that has all four Ascensions on it, that you can toggle to whatever Ascension you're currently using.
    Leloes, Svenone, Rosyposy and 2 others like this.
  4. Breanna Well-Known Member

I really like that idea a lot, because my hotbars were pretty much full on a lot of my characters I had to do some major moving around to get an ascension one.
    Leloes and Rosyposy like this.
  5. Leloes Well-Known Member

Couldn't remember for sure how to do it from the last time I played EQ2. Appreciate your reply! Thanks!

What is the limit?

Maybe they'll decide to let those who need an one for the Ascensions to add an extra one......then again probably not......:rolleyes:
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

You can have a maximum of 10 hotbars. Even on my new ones, I open all 10 and set them where I want them and fill them as I learn the spells or abilities.
    Leloes and Rosyposy like this.
  7. Leloes Well-Known Member

Okay, I'll keep that in mind. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to best distribute everything for my wizard. Spells, AA, etc.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  8. Svenone Well-Known Member

10 standard hotkey bars, and the beastlord and channelerclasses get special bars just for their things. Since they get special bars, it seems possible to make another special bar just for ascension spells...if the devs could be bothered.
    Ratala, Leloes and Rosyposy like this.
  9. Leloes Well-Known Member

Just a couple more questions. Is there a way to resize the height and length of the hotkey toolbar? Can the hotkey toolbars be stacked side by side instead of continuing to stack them on top of each other? Thanks!
    Saw-Lau likes this.
  10. Dude Well-Known Member

Yes, to both. RIght click on the bar and select hotbar settings. You can resize it from there. In therms of stacking, if you over over the end of the hotbar a right-left arrow will appear. Use that to squish the hot bar so that it becomes an up and down bar instead of a left and right oriented bar.
    Leloes and Saw-Lau like this.
  11. Leloes Well-Known Member

Appreciate it! I'm just trying to keep from taking up the whole screen with hotbars.
    Dude likes this.
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

If you are shifting the configuration of the hotbars, press F10 so you can easily see the margins of everything. You can just drag the window edges to change whether you have one long horizontal bar, or a vertical bar, or a 4x3 square or whatever.

In Hotbar Options you should also be able to specify icon size, I'm pretty sure. Most custom UIs shrink the hotbars quite a bit.
    Leloes, Saw-Lau and Rosyposy like this.
  13. Leloes Well-Known Member

Haven't gone in the game and tried yet but I'll keep that in mind. I'm not using a custom UI. Just using the default EQ2 UI. Do you recommend using custom UI? Thanks for any help you can offer, Sig, you're always very helpful!
  14. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

What UI you use really depends on your own tastes. WoW players say that Profit reminds them of ?CTMod? for WoW ( I think that was the name). I started using Profit because it made things easier for my raid healers, back when. Most full UI mods also get rid of a lot of excess screen space usage and compact things like bag windows.

I use a basis of ProfitCE, and then pieces of DarqUI (Harvest Helper, SetPrice Popup, Threat Window), Otheseus' Targeting Rings, a merc window I modded, a pet window I adapted from one done by someone else, a date/time window I modded from one done by someone else, a custom recipe sort list I did myself, and so on. I'm comfortable working in XML and fussing with my UI is easy for me. When you install the game, it actually has a UI editing program in amidst the files, with a Word-doc set of instructions on how to use it, if you're handy with object oriented design and XML, you can do a lot of interesting things.

All the UIs and UI bits are available at http://eq2interface.com, and there are good instructions to explain how they work. For the most part, you end up sticking stuff in a folder inside the EQ2 UI folder, and you create a eq2.ini file that points to it. Full UIs like DarqUI and ProfitCE have actual updater programs: those you download and run and they set everything up for you.

It's probably worthwhile to check through some of the UIs and UI pieces, all should have at least some preview photos showing what they look like.
  15. Leloes Well-Known Member

Not really sure what to do. Right now I'm mainly questing. Probably start getting into crafting, etc later. I just want it to be simple to cast spells and such. Not have hotbars taking up too much space on the screen.
  16. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Stay the way you are until you need something different.
    Leloes and Saw-Lau like this.
  17. Leloes Well-Known Member

Sounds good!:)