Hotbars copying each other

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Xianthia, Dec 9, 2021.

1. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I've had this happen enough times in the past couple of months that I need to ask!

I log onto a character and somehow a hotbar is exactly like another hotbar.
    Not an issue (right?) because it was probably something I've done. I proceed to reload their hotbar settings but it loads those two hotbars exactly the same.

I can load up manually each hotkey but it mirrors the other hotbar. So for example :

manually put Melee Attack on Hotbar1 Hotkey1

it immediately puts Melee Attack on Hotbar#* Hotkey1 on that hotbar.

Anyone else have a fix for this? An actual fix, not /load_uisettings from an alt that it works on.

Why is this happening, how can I manually fix it without loading another alt's ui to fix it.

To give a bit more info - I load up all the hotbars on the character, it's not a case of loading Hotbar1 in multiple places. It's placing a hotkey on hotbar1 and also on otherhotbarnot#1
    Twyla likes this.
  2. Lemilla Active Member

Sounds like you have multiple hotbars set to the same hotbar number.

Rightclick one of those hotbars, select "Hotbar settings" and enable the spinner. You should then be able to change the hotbar number.

When done, disable that spinner again. I also recommend going to your control options and removing the hotkeys for changing hotbar numbers (shift + number by default) to prevent accidental hotbar changes.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Xianthia Well-Known Member

No, this isn't what is happening. It's individual hotbars. So hotbar1 is copied onto hotbar# (# being whichever number it chooses).

I thought it was that, it isn't. Thanks for trying to help me!
  4. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Same issue on a couple of characters, dont know whats causing it or how to fix it yet
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Xianthia, every hotbar has a spinner control. You can hide that control, but sometimes things get weird when there's lag and you can accidentally reveal and click the spinner and not know it in the heat of battle.

Right click the hotbar, select hotbar options, turn the spinners ON, and then use the spinners to "dial" each hotbar back to where it is supposed to be. Then you can use hotbar options gain to hide the spinner controls.
    Breanna likes this.