Hot Gossip from the Coolest Server (Permafrost)

Discussion in 'Guide Events' started by ARCHIVED-Gryger_Halifax, Jul 9, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Gryger_Halifax Guest

Calabeth wrote:
    Keep an eye out on the top post, we'll try to get some evening goodness in for you! :)
  2. ARCHIVED-Gryger_Halifax Guest

updating to add quests for this week.
  3. ARCHIVED-Gryger_Halifax Guest

Oops! I made a mistsake... I had said Friday's event in Frostfang Sea started at 7pm Pacific. It starts at 4pm Pacific. Sorry for the time mis-conversion!
  4. ARCHIVED-Gryger_Halifax Guest

Hey folks!
    PLEASE re-check the top post, we've had a lot of changes to the original plans for this week.
  5. ARCHIVED-Gryger_Halifax Guest

Erollisi has had her turn, now we move on towards Bristlebane and Brell!
    Your Guides are gearing up for more green goodness! Keep your eyes on the top post!
  6. ARCHIVED-Morgania434 Guest

Just to let you all know of this, I just found out about it last night and want to share this invitation with you all....I am paraphrasing from the original announcement.... A mother has recently requested some help in decorating a island for her terminally ill son. This has touched so many of the players on Guk in such a way the server as a whole would like to put on a server event in celebration of her son's life. Even though it's being held on the server Guk ALL of Norrath is invited to this event. Already in place is a harvesting depot on the isle along with the crafting tables needed to craft items for this boy, along with items decorators have requested. Come show your support for this family even if you have nothing to donate; just your showing up means a lot. Along with items to be crafted there will be many to transport items you want to donate to the isle. Some of Guk server's top classes will attend and accept duelbets; all donations welcome and go to Ribbitribbitt's isle. DATE: SAT, March 10, 2012 TIME: 1pm PST WHERE: Isle Of Mara WHY: Celebrate the life of one 6 yr old little boy who has touched the players on Guk and his family Bring a new toon or what not, We are meeting on isle of mara to wave hi!! Ribbitribbit's Tenebrous Tangle Isle House, Entrance through Qeynos
  7. ARCHIVED-Gryger_Halifax Guest

Thank you for posting this!
    I've played a lot of games over the years, and this is one area where EQ2 beats the pants off everyone else... The way the player community bands together.
  8. ARCHIVED-Simparri Guest

So much for a non-event. I waited for about 1.5 hours & nobody showed up, not even a Guide.
    Unless I misunderstood the idea that you were going to have a sympathy visiting on Mara on our server.
  9. ARCHIVED-Dalannae Guest

Simparri wrote:
    It is on Guk and still going on right now started 1PM PST if you are in a different timezone that coudl be why
  10. ARCHIVED-Baydeena Guest

Greetings one and all
    Normally Gryger is here to fill you in on all the latest gossip. I’ll also drop by with occasional pieces of news as well. I can’t edit his lovely summary so I’ll just chat away here instead.
    For now – the news I heard over in the Bar of Brell is that Haldren will be holding a bit of a contest and we all know what that will be about! Head to Freeport roughly 4pm (PDT) on Wednesday March 14th and see if you can drink him under the table!!
    Disclaimer: Please note the times are posted in PST/PDT (Pacific Standard Time/ Pacific Daylight Time) as appropriate. All quests may be altered due to unforeseen circumstances and wherever possible we will let you know in advance. These listings do not include those random times our guides are in Norrath so keep an eye open all the time for someone who may want to chat with you.
  11. ARCHIVED-Baydeena Guest

My latest piece of news concerns a rather strange dwarf. I’ve heard he’s struck by an evil curse! Now just where he is in Norrath at present is beyond me but once I hear I’ll get back to share that with you. He is more than likely going to be seen at around 4PM on March 15th!
    Of course – the usual disclaimer of things that can happen at the last minute so keep your fingers crossed!
  12. ARCHIVED-Baydeena Guest

Do you like sharp edged things? Perhaps you'd like to do some research on Dwarven articfacts? Check out Butcherblock Mountains around midday on March 16th. You might find a dwarf there who has similar interests.
    Speaking of Dwarves - I still have no more information about the whereabouts of our strange Dwarf who might be out and about on March 15th at 4pm.
    So as usual - the disclaimer stands - RL can sometimes interfere with the best laid plans in Norrath so just keep your fingers crossed :)
  13. ARCHIVED-Gryger_Halifax Guest

Do you like fayberries? Of course you do!
    Do you like helping halfings? Of course you do!
    So come to the Thundering Steppes this Sunday, the 25th around 9 or so in the morning and see how you can lend a hand!
  14. ARCHIVED-Gryger_Halifax Guest

It has come to my attention that there is a need for research assistants in Darklight Wood!
    Interested candidates should make their way there around noon on Thursday the 29th.
  15. ARCHIVED-Gryger_Halifax Guest

So, there I was, enjoying a well-deserved ale in Joleena's Restaurant before heading out for more adventures, when I spy Phyrewurx, a gnome inventor I've known for several years.
    Now, don't get me wrong, Phyre's got a good head on his shoulders, but I'm constantly worried that he's going to get it removed by some ill-intentioned monster while he's out gathering ingredients for his experiments...
    Say, perhaps you could lend a hand? I know he's heading out into the Greater Faydark for another materials gathering expedition... If you happen to spy him out there, offer your assistance! He's a pretty generous fellow, so I'm sure he'd reward you for your efforts.
    I managed to grab some of his notes... Most of it's illegible, but here's something... Hope it helps!
    04/01/2012 Sunday 12 noon
  16. ARCHIVED-Gryger_Halifax Guest

I tossed a coin to Madame Sorzka.
    "So, what does your crystal show? What adventures await Norrath?"
    The seeress cradled the sphere with her aged hands, eyes glittering in the dim glow of the orb.
    "I see... The frozen wastelands to the North. I see the ice-capped waves of the Frostfang Sea. The sun is at it's height, noon... The date is strange to me, a language unknown... April 5th..."
    I shrugged. Surely the brave adventurers of Norrath can decipher the clues.
    "Wait! What is this? A strange sight indeed! It comes closer... It..."
    Sorzka slumped forward, her breath ragged.
    "I... I can see no more."
    "What was it that you saw?" I asked.
    "It was unclear. Hazy, a mere shadow. But it bears investigating."
  17. ARCHIVED-Gryger_Halifax Guest

Another beautiful day in The Greater Faydark!
    Sunlight reflects on dew-covered grass, turning the forest floor into a glimmering carpet of rainbows.
    The wind sighs through the trees, bearing with it the scent of fresh flowers.
    You take a deep breath, relaxing. It's these little fragments, these brief moments between adventures when you can just sit back and
    "BETRAYED! I HAVE BEEN BETRAYED!" The voice booms across the land, shattering your tranquility.
    You sigh and reach for your pack. So much for relaxation... Now what?
  18. ARCHIVED-SugarbowlSweetlumps Guest

Hello permafrost!

I would like to request you all run that new guide quest in Withered Lands again soon in the afternoon sometime! I missed it and I don't seem to catch you all on and there isn't much advertized lately so hope to see some of you soon and this quest also!
    Darda of Shadowclaw
  19. ARCHIVED-Baydeena Guest

Devious I tell you … devious! That is what I’ve heard about that gnome wandering around, ringing bells and generally attracting attention … all for his own needs.
    I haven’t travelled to the Withered Lands but I tell you – news travels fast through the corridors in the Hold of Prexus and the news I’ve heard is that Gnome is slipping back into the Withered Lands on Friday around 5.30 pm (PDT) to pester people again.
    Don’t say you haven’t been warned!
  20. ARCHIVED-Baydeena Guest

I was just settling down for a quiet sip of Halfling wine when I heard the rustle of wings – leathery wings. Imagine my surprise to see a couple of young dragons skittering down the hallway just outside the room.
    I overheard them whispering away (dragons have a loud whisper) that they were heading out to the Wanderlust Fair. Seems they think it has a nice atmosphere for sitting around sharing stories. My mind boggled at that thought. Anyway the speed they were moving down the hallway, I think they should arrive in the Darklight Wood around 5am (PDT) on Saturday morning. Perhaps you have a story or two you might like to share with them.