Hot Gossip from the Coolest Server (Permafrost)

Discussion in 'Guide Events' started by ARCHIVED-Gryger_Halifax, Jul 9, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Gryger_Halifax Guest

Soft blew the wind through Greater Faydark, rustling the leaves in the trees, causing the dapples sunlight to shift in crazy patterns across the lush forest grasses. Settling back with some of Halden's private reserve, I took a long draw from the ancient Stein of Moggok; once it had served me as a powerful talisman in my adventuring days, but since donning the Green, I had long since forsaken treasure and fame... Truly, a wonderfully peaceful day.
    Cast out! Left to die alone, my spirit denied the succor of the hereafter! Avenge me!
    I sat up quickly, trying to locate the source of this outburst. It came from somewhere near Kelethin!
    As I said, since donning the Green, fame and fortune no longer hold the fascination they once did; perhaps you might be interested?
  2. ARCHIVED-Baydeena Guest

So..... do you love a good cup of tea?
    I hear there are some pretty clever gnomes out and about and I'd suggest you head to the Frostfang Sea around noon on the second day to find a little bit about how to prepare the finest brew - tea I mean - not that other kind of brew
    Fine print: Please remember things are correct at time of posting and that all times are PDT. ALSO - it is that gnomish time for all things tinkered so do keep an eye out for events and activities that have not been mentioned here.
  3. ARCHIVED-Baydeena Guest

Coffee? Tea??? I do wish these people would make up their minds – personally I think it’s a great plot to discourage the drinking of Halfling Wine. Anyway … The great-granddaughter of Sir Edwin Lark, is a half-elf with a keen business eye as she travels to and fro looking for the best deals and new items to use in her latest business ventures. You can imagine the pressure this young woman is under and what better than to aid her pressured life than to find her something containing Caffeine!!!!
    The last I heard was that she was heading to the Frostfang Sea so I’d take a look around Halas if I were you and see if you can’t help her out with a good brew!! Perhaps midday (August 9th) would be a good time as she would be pretty exhausted from her mornings trading I’d imagine!!!
    Also those gnomes and their Tinkerfest celebrations are still in full swing. Seems as though someone couldn’t get them to pack up on their merry making, so do keep your eyes open for some last minute activities.
    Finally!!! MEET and GREET!!!!! It’s our turn here on Permafrost so join us for some dancing, fireworks, chatting, and for some summer festivities! Don't forget to come dressed up in your favorite summer outfit! August 9th from 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. PDT at The Community Lounge – Look for the portal near the docks in the Sinking Sands.
    PS Of course – the usual disclaimer of things that can happen at the last minute so keep your fingers crossed that all is as scheduled and remember all our times are PDT (San Diego Time) !
  4. ARCHIVED-abercadaver Guest

Not a quiet place can be found anywhere with all the gnomes roaming through every location. I am even hearing rumors of a gnome in the Withered Lands searching for some lost research notes. Perhaps if someone finds his precious papers, he will leave the area. He is quite persistent, mildly annoying, and a bit too full of himself. I hear he will be arriving there sometime on the 9th day at Noon.
  5. ARCHIVED-Baydeena Guest

Baydeena wrote:
    Well I'm sorry to say - this is postponed!!!! It was posted on the Facebook page otherwise I would not have known either.
    As we always say - all things are correct at time of posting but RL and things beyound our control are apt to happen. Sorry everyone.
  6. ARCHIVED-Baydeena Guest

Well it seems as though celebrations know no end in Steamfont!
    While chatting to my Gnomish friends I discovered a good friend to Mad Hattie is Gnaylah Bookworthy. Now Mad Hattie tells me that Gnaylah is really excited about her research and is going to tell her all about it!
    If you want to hear about it yourself and perhaps learn a few things – come to Steamfont Mountains on the tenth day – make sure your Gnomish timing device is set to 17:30 PDT!!!
    Fine Print - All quests are correct at time of notification but watch out for that dreaded RL bug that is going around. As always - all times are Pacific Time.
  7. ARCHIVED-Lyerra Guest

Any word on when this will be rescheduled?
    Thanks!
  8. ARCHIVED-Baydeena Guest

Lyerra wrote:
    Sorry we haven't heard anything just yet. As soon as I'm aware I'll post here to let everyone know. This is not a Guide event - rather it is a SOE GM event and each server is to have their turn. It was unfortunate ours clashed with the emergency down time of all servers.
  9. ARCHIVED-Gryger_Halifax Guest

Krunjir Stormshield, squinting to avoid the harsh afternoon sunlight, muttered to himself.
    "Surely, there must be those strong enough to make this journey..."
    To his back, the great gate to Kael Drakkel stood, a mute invitation to only the strongest of Norrath. He and others of his Clan had journeyed across the Eastern Wastes to this place.
    Raising his voice, he issued the challenge loudly, his voice calling out across the Eastern Wastes.
    "Are they any within reach of my voice willing to journey into the depths of Kael Drakkel?"

I must take a moment to "break character" and point out some additional information. Kael Drakkel is locked so that only the highest level adventurers can enter within. Getting this quest does NOT change that fact. Also, this quest can only be completed once per character. If you have finished it before, it cannot be offered to you again.
  10. ARCHIVED-abercadaver Guest

I have heard tales of a wandering Halfling in the northern part of Qeynos. If you love summer and all the wonderful treats, sights, and smells, look for them around Noon on the 16th day.
  11. ARCHIVED-abercadaver Guest

While traveling through Darklight Wood a few days ago, I came across an Arasai mage who was trying to complete some sort of experiment. He didnt get far, because his wife kept pulling him from his research to help her bake her delicious pies. I have been told that he will try to complete his experiment on the 16th, around 3pm, and will try to obtain help from travelling adventurers.
  12. ARCHIVED-Gryger_Halifax Guest

This just in! Fabled beauty, Sneow, has been spotted in the area of Frostfang Sea!
    It is advised that only those TRUE seekers of beauty dare to approach, as such dazzling attractiveness is not to be wasted upon the merely "cute" ...
  13. ARCHIVED-Gryger_Halifax Guest

Hi folks!
    Join us throughout Monday, September 3rd (Labor Day in the US) for "The Labors of Loresinger"!
    Norrath's favorite minstrel will be appearing throughout Norrath on yet another (mis)adventure!
    Keep an eye out for special announcements and as always, keep your eye on Level 1-9!
  14. ARCHIVED-Baydeena Guest

The gossip line has been very quiet lately and it is hard to catch certain Norrathians going about whatever it is they go about :)
    Don't forget to keep an eye on the chat chanel 1-9 for anything that might be of interest and if there is any gossip we can share we will tell you here as well. Guides are volunteers and sometimes real life demands can also interfere. :(
  15. ARCHIVED-SugarbowlSweetlumps Guest

Any hints when you all will be out and about handing out the Creepy Catalog quest? Would love to get my hands on it in a few of my characters! If you tell me when and where I will be there!!

Thanks!

Darda
  16. ARCHIVED-Baydeena Guest

Hi there Permafrostians.
    Yes Nights of the Dead is certainly amongst us and I have sent out a rally call to the troops to heed yoru wishes
    Right now I can't offer any times for us being on line but please watch the chat 1-9 where we will announce our presence. Also if you check periodically with a /who all guides you might well discover one of us lurking around the place. When I have a few times I can announce I'll be back here to creep you all out as well!
  17. ARCHIVED-General_Info Guest

Baydeena wrote:
    personally i'd love it if we had an option to alert us when a guide has sent a message pertaining to an imminent guide event ingame or just a guide channel we could listen for.
  18. ARCHIVED-Gryger_Halifax Guest

It's a chilly evening in Darklight Wood. I decided to drop by the Wanderlust Fair, just to check on things.
    I was surprised to find a number of adventurers around the Norrathian Express mailbox, looking at crude handbill that was glued to the side of the mailbox.
    I shook my head sadly... These young punk adventurers... NO RESPECT. Back in MY day... well, enough of that sort of talk...
    The handbill was actually a hastily made sketch, a rather creepy looking character. Granted, with Nights of the Dead in full swing, he fits in quite well, but certainly not someone I'd invite over for a cup of Frostfell 'nog, if you get my meaning.
    In bold letters under the picture of the unfortunate "living deprived" individual, was the following message:
    Spotted in the Commonlands, this fellow should be approached with caution
    But it might be worth your while...
    I saw a number of the younger adventurers head off towards the road to Nektulos Forest, probably to quickly hop over to Commonlands... Perhaps there's something there to get you interested?
  19. ARCHIVED-Gryger_Halifax Guest

Greetings, fellow Norrathians!
    The Permafrost crew are pleased to announce the return of the annual "Trick or Treat Marathon"!
    Starting at midnight (Pacific Time) on Sunday, running until 11:59pm that night!
    Be sure to keep Level_1-9 chat open throughout the day.
    We'll be running a player favorite, "Trick or Treat" throughout Norrath, sponsoring "spooky quests" and of course, we'll be around to listen to your stories of your Nights of the Dead exploits!
    Keep an ear to the ground, folks, and we look forward to seeing you!
  20. ARCHIVED-Baydeena Guest

Your Guides of Permafrost are usually out and about even though we don’t always advertise our presence here.
    This week though, there may be fewer sightings as all but one of your Guides live on the East Coast. So far we have heard from some of them that they are ok but others we are yet to know about. We will try and keep up with “business as usual” to support our friends who are having a tough time.
    We also hope all of you have come through this unharmed and that our prayers and positive thoughts are with each and every one of you.
    Everquest is about community – we have a wonderful community here at Permafrost!
    Edited: I have word that a fisherman is going to be in Antonica seeking those who are interested in that relaxing pastime. Look for him around 3:00 pm (Pacific time) on November 1st!