Horses...

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-denmom, Oct 15, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-denmom Guest

This is been a question of mine for some time, ever since the pegasus was released. Figured I'd finally ask.
    So...why is it that ground mount horses are unshod yet the flying horses are? This makes no sense to me. The flyer would rarely touch ground whereas the earthbound would need shoeing.
    Anyhow...just something that makes me wonder when I see my toon's horse fly. (And I still feel like an equine proctologist given the view and the wind-tugged tail. o_o)
  2. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

I never noticed the gorudn verion was shod and the flying wasn't. I'll have to look now.
  3. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

actually I equpied a kelethin destrider, and the icewind pegasus in my guild hall and made them both do thier rearing/kikc animations..and both horses seem shoed. the icewing is more noticeable though cause of the flaming feet outline the shoe.
  4. ARCHIVED-ttobey Guest

The Blacksmith,
    Shoeing horses that fly,
    Forgot to shoe the older horses,
    Because he was shooing flies.
  5. ARCHIVED-ttobey Guest

How about that one!?
  6. ARCHIVED-Kesstryl Guest

I have to agree with the OPs opinion about the dead on view of the horse's butt. If we were angled just slightly above the view, then we would not be looking straight up the tail. This has also bothered me, and I rarely use horses to fly with becasue it's...well... not what I want to see.
  7. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

ttobey wrote:
    lol wow, that is the equivalent of a bombing comedian doing the 'this guy knows what i'm talkin about!'
  8. ARCHIVED-ttobey Guest

Thank you and don't forget to tip your waiters!
  9. ARCHIVED-ZUES Guest

/tomato
    We want our money back.
  10. ARCHIVED-Gilasil Guest

Pheep@Unrest wrote:
    Never noticed the shoes but I definately was bothered by looking up my pegasus' nether regions. I originally got a dark pegasus but after a few minutes with that view I knew it simply wasn't going to work. The dark color coupled with what one expects to see down there was just too much.
    I don't know how doctors can stand it.
    Nowadays I fly a wyvern and all I see is the tail which is just fine. Other then the fact that I look like I'm about to fall off, but we already had a thread about that.
  11. ARCHIVED-Maroger Guest

The horse in G. Fay by the Spires has no saddle and bridle. Its bareback ride - too bad they don't have you fall off as part of it.
  12. ARCHIVED-Ellarae Guest

Kesstryl wrote:
    PLEEEASE implement this!
  13. ARCHIVED-denmom Guest

Gilasil wrote:
    Dear gods, yes...
    I dislike the discs, it's that finger twitching. Same for clouds. The pegasus would be just fine if the angle did shift. I've corrected it several times only to have the view slip back to juuust below. And yes, on the colours. I dunno which is worse, the white or dark meat.
    And the drakes. NO. I can't take the pogostick air humping derp a derp like Killer the Vulture from the Bugs Bunny cartoons. No offense, TT. I know it's because that's the animation of those particular critters, which was in game long before they were adjusted for mounts.
    I do like the new wyverns, tho. And I love the way they mince of sorts when they run on the ground. And the wibbly wobbly they do when they glide, like a B-52 bomber. Oh! And how their wings shift to seem as tho they are swimming through the air as they fly up. Sometimes I have to put on the muppet disquise to make them a little smaller when on larger toons, but overall I really like them.
    But the horses, I admit I really really like them...it's just the view.
  14. ARCHIVED-denmom Guest

Maroger wrote:
    Really? I have to check that out next time I'm there.
    What I would REALLY love is if there were a way to make a ground mount into a flying one. I've put this in as feedback, but figure why not here as well.
    Loping Plains has a nightmare that runs along the ground and then runs through the air to destinations. Why not a quest that's only in Loping Plains where you get a specialty spell that works on ground mounts, maybe something that involves vampires, Castle Mistmoore, and other crazy creepy stuff. But, it can only work on one mount. You do the quest while on that mount, and the mount gains the spell of running flight. Or it could be a click on-off sort of thing that you can apply to any ground mount, much like how with the guild hall stable hand he gives the mount you have equipped a speed boost for a short duration.
    Anyhow, there is precedence in game of a ground mount that does run thru the air...so...
  15. ARCHIVED-General_Info Guest

Ellarae wrote:
    Yuppers all they need to do is adjust the angle by about 10 or 20 degrees.