HORRIBLE LAG

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Magic Missiles, May 16, 2016.

1. Magic Missiles Active Member

Making questing absolutely impossible in Sourge Wastes. Literally 20 to 30 seconds of lag now between actions.

Unplayable.
  2. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Not to say lag on this game is great, but that might be a ISP issue or one of the hops your connection goes through to the servers might be bad.
  3. Forged-Night Member

draw a line from Colorado to New Mexico. Anything west of that has the slowest / worst ISP in the nation. This problem is not just with EQ2 but also a issue with other games not associated with DBG. Players with a 180 - 185 meg connect will drop down to 40 meg once they cross over that line with the exception of Washington state / Seattle.
  4. Allanna Member

Not sure which server he's on, but on HoF there has been awful lag like that, which is isn't a connection issue because most of the people in the zone have mentioned it, and when you change zones the lag is gone. Its not a zone population issue either because I've seen 30 people in Scourge Wastes with horrid lag, which isn't a lot.
    Prissetta and Febrith like this.
  5. Beee Well-Known Member

One key quest in Zek is buggy and produces lag in the whole zone.. hopefully fixed with the serverpatch
    Prissetta likes this.
  6. Quadich New Member

Most of the time my ping is ok, but some days the Ping is terrible (2000+). Luckily this hasn't happened much though.
  7. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

The lag problem is always limited to the first instance of an open area at least for now. Possible that it has something to do with the key quests than any timer would run death. In open areas with higher numbers, which are from time to time, fully closed, the problem with almost 0 percent.

My recommendation at the moment is therefore the zones to use with higher numbers if any are open.
  8. jbc1948 Well-Known Member

[QUOTEThe lag problem is always limited to the first instance of an open area at least for now. Possible that it has something to do with the key quests than any timer would run death. In open areas with higher numbers, which are from time to time, fully closed, the problem with almost 0 percent.

My recommendation at the moment is therefore the zones to use with higher numbers if any are open. ][/QUOTE]
    Agree. Last night in Zek2 there was only a second of lag when I first popped a Wraith. Rest of zone was totally lag free. While I was there many complaints from Zek solo 1 about how horrible the lag was.
  9. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Zek 2 on Thurgadin has been as bad as 1 lately. Perhaps its been open for so long is the issue.
  10. Jrel Well-Known Member

Scourge overland Solo is still getting sporadic lag spikes on Maj'Dul today. Please fix.
    Prissetta likes this.
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Chances are that you may be getting client side performance issues as well that you can mitigate.

Take a few moments to work through the steps at the Guide to Optimizing Display Performance, Rebooted. It's surprising, but a lot of graphics options that eat a lot of FPS don't actually give you much "bank for the buck" visually. A lot of people get better-looking graphics AND better FPS just by using the Guide.

There are a number of other odd things you can do to help performance. Set options to never show cloaks or mounts. Change options so that they don't display the overhead combat numbers during fights. In a big fight with lots of things happening and many mobs, do into 1st person view and look at your own feet (obviously, you can't do this if you are tanking).
  12. Magic Missiles Active Member

and

Are you all serious? I appreciate your attempt to help but I have been playing this game for years and I know what normal conditions are. When lots of people in the zone are all yelling about the lag and it takes literally 20 seconds + to cast one spell, that is not going to change by rendering mounts or fabric textures. (ugh, typing 'rendering mounts' made me picture a glue factory.)

There was some horrible abnormal lag, but it went on for several days. Not just when questing, not doing any particular quest, but in the entire zone. and it is not the ISP as all other functions work fine (youtube, ****, etc) It was definitely a DBG server issue and now it seems to be better, amen.
    Juraiya likes this.