Honest questions

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Sortis, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Sortis New Member

So a buddy and I are thinking about going back to EQ2 and playing on Kaladim, but we don't want to leap for a sub till we find out how the population is in early levels. We wouldn't mind duo-ing every once in awhile, but what we're really looking for is groups at early levels for places like Caves, Blackburrow, Stormhold, and Varsoon etc.

What are the odds of us getting a group for dungeons and heroic content early on? He prefers to tank and I have no preference, but most of my experience is on Warden.

What is the exp rate like? We don't want something too fast.

What is the difficulty of the game like on Kaladim? Not looking to steamroll stuff, looking for challenge.

Is Beastlord playable?
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

there is still an ok population in the lower levels , if you wait till February when we get EoF there will be even more , since
    we get a totally new beginner area.
    If you find a good guild you won't be down in the low areas for long in any case.
    And no this time there are no Beastlords or Channelers.
    Siren, Breanna and Dude like this.
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

and at the moment we have double xp on Kaladim that turns into something like 70 % extra because our xp rate is a little slower than on regular servers .
    But we don't know how long this will last .
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

and just now people were looking for a group to run wailing cave , in my guild.
  5. Sortis New Member

Hey, thank you so much for the reply. Checked on it last night and had over 80 views and no replies and I was starting to get a bit worried. haha Yeah we thought about waiting till Faydwer hit, I was here at launch, but I admittedly wasn't thrilled with the game and only hit 20 and left. Although I came back around the launch of Faydwer and spent the most time in that era and had an absolute blast.

I hear the server is low on tanks, is that still true, and is there any other class or role that the server is low on?

Also, one other thing. My friend enjoys playing very sturdy tanks, he's leaning towards Paladin, but is worried because he can't find any info on if they're good in this era. I told him to go Guardian, but he really likes the idea of having heals to aid his group and threat. Any info would be GREATLY appreciated about Paladin and Guardian and their current state in the game. (It's also worth noting he loves to main tank raids as well as group content)
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ok Paladins are good , just a little behind the Shadow knight , but they can heal and rez. Guardians are considered the best tanks , but there are always people that will disagree with me.
    Any enchanters or Bards are always sought after
    Like I said earlier , it's a good idea to come in now , to take advantage of the double xp
    And there are several posts here on Kaladim general that talk about the classes .
  7. Sortis New Member

Again, I appreciate the info. I had no idea there was a Kaladim forum, my bad. I probably should've posted there then. :confused:
    I'll talk to him, he has been reading our posts from work. He appreciated the Paladin info, thank you, on his behalf. :) You'll probably see me around soon, in one form or another, grouped up with a Dorf Paladin.
  8. Hydraulics Member

Guardian is the best raid tank but is overkill for heroics. Paladin is a good heroic tank and can tank raids quite well with a few exceptions. Enchanters and bards have been in demand since the server launched. Lately quite a few guilds are looking for a brigand as well. Reliable plate healers are also difficult to come by.
  9. Sortis New Member

Awesome, that helps both he and I a lot. I think we're fairly sold on what we're gonna be rolling up. What is the role of a Bard in a raid? Years ago I heard someone say Dirge was a rez-bot.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

there are 2 bards the dirge and the troubadour
    Dirges are mostly good support for scouts a little for fighters
    Troubadours are good support for healers , mages and a little also for scouts .
    both bards can rez later .
  11. Kittik Well-Known Member

I never see any issues. And I know there are low level groups forming almost every day. People gotta play them alts.
  12. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Population at lower levels is pretty low, I see an occasional group for a lower level zone here and there but you will see a lot of powerleveling groups just steam rolling everything for the most part.

XP is incredibly easy at the moment, it's also double xp. If you're gonna hop into the game; now is the time.

Beastlords will never be released