Homeshow Etiquette

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Bubbles, Feb 28, 2022.

1. Sinafe Darkchyle Inquisitor/Carpenter

Good to know about the rares, I thought I was crazy the other day.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Good to have something known, yeah, just massively depressing/infuriating for those of us who aren't all up in the 120s yet. >:-/

Uwk
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Ocarina <3 you're my hero, nobody should ever blame you.
    My heart goes out to you, I had covid, and that was bad enough, I can't even imagine what you are going through.

Aelissa, you sound like me, I cry about other people's misfortunes, it feels to me like their pain is mine.

Being misunderstood is also something that happens to me often enough.
    People get angry at me for something that was not meant that way, and apologizing and trying to clear up the misunderstanding, does not always work, so when people think I am still just a . . . . . . , I can't just walk away and think to myself ," ok be that way " it still hurts me , for days.
  4. Marae Well-Known Member

Some of the "likes" I just gave are really hugs. There are some very warm and wonderful people in this thread, in this forum, in this game. I'm glad to be part of this community.
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

gives back the hug <3
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I think we could still use a range of "likes/dislikes" like on Facebook... "Like" "Love" "Care" "Wow!" etc. :)

Hugs to all! :) <3

Uwk
    Breanna and Schmetterling like this.
  7. Mythical House Item Well-Known Member

*shares in the hugging*
  8. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

You get a Hug. . . you get a Hug. . . .EVERYBODY GETS A HUG!
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You too, Q! :D

(Didn't the Unitarians try a mandatory hug thing awhile back...? Can't see them doing it now, with social distancing being our last refuge... :-/)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Tindrial Member

Do appreciate this post and I agree with it.

But, I can say I turned the channel off, maybe a month or so ago, over a conversation going on and to be honest, I forgot to turn it back on. I actually don't miss it unfortunately. I couldn't say anything on that channel without being jumped on for one thing or another and I was not ever being disparaging to anyone, that much I know. I figured I gave it a fair shot, more than 6 months. I found it just wasn't worth it; seemed like too much of a click group.
    Dude, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Morukta like this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Did it seem to be the same people jumping on you? :-/

Uwk
  12. Tindrial Member

I think it was for the most part. I kind of felt like the group that did this were ones that had been there a long time and didn't like anything that went against their status quo.

I quit asking deco questions because all I'd get told was use the editor. I quit participating in any other conversations because it became apparent really quickly that if your opinion differed well, too bad, it wasn't respected. It just opened you to being lectured about one thing or another. I kind of felt like if I didn't let the conversation go it would have just devolved into some kind of argument and you know, it's just a game. Not worth getting into an argument just because two people see things differently.

It wasn't just me either, I saw it happen to a number of people on that channel, not sure if those people were all new but I would say definitely newer than the group that was giving all the push back.
    Dude and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Sigh...that's awful. It just seems like there's no human "culture" thing, however small, however new, that doesn't eventually get stuck in concrete. :(

And not every deco question can be solved by just using any of the editors; there's plenty of folks I know of who don't use any of them who do just fine. For instance, with the "break-outs" in South Qeynos and Neriak (haven't done it in Freeport yet, but I imagine they're similar), you can go up onto roofs just using the old-fashioned scaffolding method of things to use for ramps, stairs, etc. Once up there, don't go off the usual, expected end (over the railings of the balconies), but down one of the other sides (very, very carefully in Neriak... ;->), with a teleport pad in your Inventory (make sure you've placed the first pad somewhere in the house, just to be able to get back in). Once you're safely down "outside," you can then put the other pad down anywhere you like, and boom, break-out. :)

Granted, you can't do this everywhere, like with getting down to the beach in a Mistmoore or "Antonica" or "The Commonlands" from a big guild hall at the docks (that I know of...), but in quite a few situations, the editor isn't required.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have some programs I need to reassure... ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

15. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Why?
  16. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Homeshow was a nice place to come and associate with your friends while in-game. Talk about your daily life outside plus ask questions about decoing. Give helpful info and ideas about decoing.
    I know just recently I was on talking about my dogs head tremors cause I had just finished cal.ing her down. And someone responded with something about peeing in corners . . That escalated it to where I told them to quit while they were ahead because their humor was not appreciated. This was my dog and sometimes she will get these little head shakes. It has nothing to do with peeing in corners.
    I don't appreciate peoe who laugh at an animals discomfort!
  17. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Do you believe that everyone in Homeshow has a dog and/or cares about someone else's pet's problem?

I follow the channel because of info about crafting and decorating, personally. I missed the dog discussion, but if I'd seen it, I'd have just switched the channel off for being irrelevant for a while.

Not every conversation needs to be cross-server broadbanded, in other words.
    Chikkin likes this.
  18. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Ok so lets just leave all RL and home discussions out of the channel. Nothing about your personal life. . JUST DECORATING DISCUSSIONS ONLY. Ok,. ,. ,got it!

No more "Homeshow After Dark"
    No more talking about how you're feeling . . . your health problems, or anything

Just. Strictly. Decorating.
    Talk about being frelling offended. . . .
  19. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Y'know, it really is about how much of the air a topic is sucking out of a room. If people were complaining about the convo, chances were it was Just A Bit Too Much.
  20. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Actually no one was complaining except me. I didn't appreciate the person's crude comments. Period.