Not A Bug Home harvest depot

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Trouth, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Trouth Member

I am unable to pull stacks from my depot. I hit CTRL and it will only let me take out one at a time.

I zoned out and came back and it worked
  2. DENSER Well-Known Member

+1.

I saw that 2 days ago.
    I could take 1 stack,but after i couldnt only one by one.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. EmJay Well-Known Member

If you typed the name of the harvest in the search field and found it that way, you will not be able to take out a specific quantity or stack. You have to scroll down until you find the item you wanted to withdraw and then these two options should be available for you to use.
  4. Anandra New Member

I've been having this issue or one similar. When I use the search function, it's always the second item in the list that's broken.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Bah...definitely sounds like a bug. :-/

Uwk
    who hasn't run across it yet... :-/
    Geroblue likes this.
  6. Rattophaxe Well-Known Member

I also have had this from time to time. Very annoying...

And yes it seems to happen when you've tried to search for something specific using the text box.
  7. Playz4fun Active Member

I have had this happen. Not all the time though.

Now I do a search for the item I want using only a couple of letters. You will get a number of items that show up, but should be able to pull the stack from the one you want.

I only have this issue if I search for the specific item I want and it is the only one to show up.
  8. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Here is what I noticed.

If I search for el and what I want shows up, pressing the Shift key it asks for quantity. Or rou for rough.

If I search for electrum, only that shows up, and I can get only one of them at a time, no matter what else i do.

However, it doesn't happen every time. Sometimes i get the problem on one server, sometimes both that I am on.

Maj'Dul and Skyfire.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

This is the kind of thing that makes devs and techs (trust me on that last; I've been in Tech Support before...) tear their hair out. X-P

Often in clumps... :-/

("Come on, man! It's gotta be repeatable! Consistently! :(")

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Well, at my last job before retirement, there were two supervisors who could walk into their offices, and their computers shut down.

We tried, the network people tried, electricians went over all the connections in their offices, nothing.

It still wasn't fixed when I retired.

One day both of them showed up, at the same time, to my cube office.

I asked them to please not do that, as both of them being there, with their shutdown ability on computers, a rift in the cosmic time continuim could open up and we would all get sucked into a black hole.

One guy left and came back later.

Whew. Cosmic destruction avoided.

Only semi-kidding. A half-smiley.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Have you read or seen Good Omens? Newton Pulsifer springs to mind... :D

Uwk
    Rattophaxe likes this.
  12. Geroblue Well-Known Member

13. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

This has been an issue as long as I've been playing EQ2 - nearly 9 years now. When it does, I resort the mats so that item will be as close to the top as possible, and then take out my stack.
  14. Fuhraal New Member

I've seen this happen, but have always found that after searching, if you actually select the raw materials, furniture, L&L item, etc in question before trying to use SHIFT or CTRL and clicking the button it tends to work properly. Since figuring that out, I cannot recall running into this issue again. It may be just that I rarely use the full name of what I'm after...?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  15. Rattophaxe Well-Known Member

Oh yeah -- the guy whose superpower was not fixing things.

Probably works for DBG now...
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

LOL! Now, now... ;->

Uwk
    Geroblue likes this.
  17. Garthan Member

I was reliably able to repeat this last night.
    1. Deposit holiday harvests from pack pony
    2. In the depot window, type either "candy" or "note" and press enter
    3. Select an item in the list and try and use shift or ctrl to switch the functionality of the button while hovering the mouse over it
    4. Tried clicking the remove item button while having the modifier key pressed, did not switch the function of the button to the expected remove quantity
    5. Cleared the search box and tried to remove quantity with modifier keys for the button and it worked as expected.

This was consistently repeatable.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

"Consistently repeatable"...two of a techie's favorite words. :)

Crossing fingers that helps solve it! :D

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Garthan Member

Yeah :) I do some development for Arma (DayZ) servers I host, so I have to coach players on how to tell me stuff doesn't work (or strangle them when I just get "it doesn't work"), also used to be a bug hunter for EVE Online...I manly just read the bug forum here lol.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! Hence, the "logical steps"... :D /nod

Uwk
    who used to do tech support over the phone...not in person across a counter (not too bad, especially if the more knowledgeable manager was within shouting distance ;->), not over the Internet in Live Chat (which I've never done, but figure it would've been heaven on Earth in comparison), but over the phone :eek:...if there's a choice between doing that for a living again and being on Skid Row, I'm gonna pick out a shopping cart and a pup tent X-P
    That guy., Garthan, Rosyposy and 2 others like this.