Hold of Rime: Ascent into bugs

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon, Feb 28, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Maikeruu Guest

It will only take Blue area of effect damage, so perhaps it is showing up as slightly beneath the geometry of the world.
  2. ARCHIVED-Fyreflyte Guest

Okay, I believe I know what the problem is and will have it fixed as soon as possible. Thanks for the infos =)
    Yup, it's fixed. Change will be in with the next hotfix (or the one after, if I missed the cutoff :O)
  3. ARCHIVED-Maikeruu Guest

The twin riders and final mob did not spawn after the video cutscene froze everyone out of the zone with a black screen and we could not complete the instance.
  4. ARCHIVED-Fyreflyte Guest

Maikeruu wrote:
    Some of the zone changeover was being called from the flythrough itself, which I am assuming is what caused this issue. I've moved the code so that it is now run separately from the flythrough, and should no longer leave the zone in a gated state. I'm looking into ways to remove the flythrough for players that have already watched it, but it's a trickier than it sounds.
    I'm goign to try to fix the issue with the quest not updating if the shard is triggered by someone who isn't on the quest. Hopefully I can submit that fix tomorrow also. These changes will probably hit the hotfix after next, but may be in sooner. Will do my best =)
  5. ARCHIVED-hortefoutre Guest

The timer for the rush quest is too short. We had a much better/faster group today and we still missed quite some time (even if we lost time because tank was there for the first time, and because someone falled). Even if the tank had been chain pulling and with nobody falling we would have missed probably 2mn. Since we had no real difficulty defeating all the other encounters this timer is wrong.
    Rayd dude
    On first run tank died twice from ray (he was lagging), after rezzing him named was non targettable and stationnary. Someone else mentionned that bug. The uncurable debuf was still on the tank but on nobody else.
    On second run we had no issue simply because nobody died.
    Tank mentionned passing through the walls once or twice (not really a problem).
    I had a quest for spider parts, and i got 2/4 even if we killed all the spiders, may be we forgot to loot some corpses.

It seems that we got there the new deepforge, it's fun and quite easy (we had quite a crappy group but a sound composiion).
  6. ARCHIVED-Ludivan Guest

In our run last night, we also found that the NE wall could not be destroyed. In our case, we had nobody die to the beam, yet Witchdoctor just stood in the center and was untargetable via normal means. What still worked was assisting through an autoattack pet (illusionist's persona) which seems to be able to target the named, and then burn it down in place. Clearly not what I assume is intended. I could not tell if the beam was starting at a consistent place, or if there was a reasonable way to determine where it was, since the rest was so buggy. This is actually a very cool zone, and the loot provides important upgrades to gear up for raiding, so I hope it can be fixed soon.
  7. ARCHIVED-Dasein Guest

We had similar bugs on the Witchdoctor, the NE wall could not be hit by anything except blue AOEs. Attacking it directly gave us a message about not being able to see the target.
    After destroying all the walls, the Witchdoctor never became attackable again. He'd chase us around, but we couldn't target him.
  8. ARCHIVED-Apiar Guest

Dasein wrote:
    Same for us last night. Wall is untargetable. Used aoes to destroy but witchdoctor bugged, cashed us around shooting his beam and was untargetable. Tried resetting 4 times and finally gave up since you can't progress the zone.
  9. ARCHIVED-Lisabethy Guest

Same here -- would love to see this wall fixed -- it's one of my favorite zones so far.
  10. ARCHIVED-nekurareikon Guest

Hadn't bothered with this zone for a few days because of the NE wall glitch, but since it was the hot zone today I decided to give it a go. The laser beam segment of the fight seems different now; we start the fight right in front of where the NW wall pops, when the laser beam starts it's pointed East. Before, he stopped spinning when we got to the spot where we fight him (just before the NW wall spawn spot), now he continues spinning the laser past that point until reaching the South wall. Is this intended?
  11. ARCHIVED-Gninja Guest

Yes he starts in same spot and spins the beam around till its has spun 150% This is to keep people from standing in one spot the entire beam cycle.
  12. ARCHIVED-Tearltwo Guest

yeah, ok...but the second time he ported to the center and started his beam, it never spun around. He eventually just started chasing us around with laser beam and was not targetable. Was it because we killed the walls before he started spinning (not real smart scripting) or did he just bug out? Man, I really was loving this zone after finally getting through the walls in time. Now we get stopped by this bug

Edit: kept working this and found out that if we WAIT till he starts spinning, he didn't bug out.
  13. ARCHIVED-Bremer Guest

the Witchdoctor bugged again yesterday. We made our round, killed all walls and then he just stayed a NPC with the beam, stood still and didn't become attackable again. On 2nd try everything worked fine.
  14. ARCHIVED-Ludivan Guest

From a strat standpoint, I think it is better to start the fight just behind the NW wall. When he ports, turn and break down that wall, then start your rotation clockwise around the room (NE wall next, etc.). That gives you the maximum amount of time as you will be "chasing" the beam, and gives you time to setup again in the same spot before he becomes attackable (as he completes his last 50% spin). My guildmates have said they still see it bug out (he becomes unattackable and chases people around), but nobody has figured out exactly what triggers it now -- early death, breaking wall before spin, etc. He also is occasionally doing a big aoe, which one-shots most squishies even if they are behind him. That seems to be interruptable, so use stuns alot to avoid.
    Given the unstable and challenging nature of this fight, it would be nice if they would put a revive spot option somewhere in the hallway before you drop down (like they have on the final fight in pools), because it is an extremely long run back to this guy, and the potential for the fight to be bugged is still there.
  15. ARCHIVED-Etruscus Guest

We did this last night and had a lot of fun.
    The Witchdoctor is definetly still bugged though.
    The first time we did him, we got him to the 25% mark and he did his laser bit. Afterwords, he was locked in a single position for a good 60 seconds. Then he jumped out of the pool with his laser beam, and ran around in a circle (elevated off the ground). We followed him, until he did a 360 and killed most of us. We receovered mostly, but the encounter reset to 100% and then the disease dot killed us. We tried a couple more times and then it worked as intended.
    Actually, we assumed the 25% bit runing around with the laser beam was intended until he reset at the end.
    I would highly recomend to put a revive spot somewhere up top. Very large pain to run all the way back up.
    I have to say though, it was pretty funny watching him run around with his laser beam and voice chat was hillarious. But still, it should be fixed.
  16. ARCHIVED-Etruscus Guest

Ran this zone again last night, and the same thing happened. On first pull he gets bugged at 25% and chases you around with his laser beam.
    Also, we noticed something very improbable with the loot distribution.The last four items were the exact same items in both runs. This would be odd enough, except two of those boxes were exquisite each time. The probability of this happening is very remote. Something less than .0001% chance. Could just be a coincidence, but could be something as well.
    Edit: These last four are also all fighter only
    On 03/13/2011 this is what we looted from the zone:

(130006347[Sun Mar 13 20:44:38 2011] \aITEM 280585741 -2122499749:Vile Fanged Choker\/a
    (1300064887)[Sun Mar 13 21:08:07 2011] \aITEM 1568498082 709947588:Girdle of Twin Wrath\/a
    (1300067826)[Sun Mar 13 21:57:06 2011] \aITEM -692957633 1011033820:Totemic Shroud of Superstition\/a
    (1300067866)[Sun Mar 13 21:57:46 2011] \aITEM -95399569 203062253:Shamanistic Trident of Undoing\/a
    (1300068517)[Sun Mar 13 22:08:37 2011] \aITEM -965290157 108407571:Tattered Emblem of Rank\/a
    (1300069100)[Sun Mar 13 22:18:20 2011] \aITEM -1770937085 344666064:Blackwood Bow of Proficiency\/a
    (1300070015)[Sun Mar 13 22:33:35 2011] \aITEM -985989504 -1503385525:Frigid Defender\/a

And last night when we ran this, we ended up with this:

(1300152375)[Mon Mar 14 21:26:15 2011] \aITEM -548355049 2099572935:Spiderwool Scarf\/a
    (1300153513)[Mon Mar 14 21:45:13 2011] \aITEM 1086957108 -961886453:Belt of Shadow Couplings\/a
    (1300155173)[Mon Mar 14 22:12:53 2011] \aITEM 788657926 -1714434087:Cloak of Dark Magic\/a
    (1300155183)[Mon Mar 14 22:13:03 2011] \aITEM -95399569 203062253:Shamanistic Trident of Undoing\/a
    (1300155504)[Mon Mar 14 22:18:24 2011] \aITEM -965290157 108407571:Tattered Emblem of Rank\/a
    (1300155783)[Mon Mar 14 22:23:03 2011] \aITEM -1770937085 344666064:Blackwood Bow of Proficiency\/a
    (1300156361)[Mon Mar 14 22:32:41 2011] \aITEM -985989504 -1503385525:Frigid Defender\/a
  17. ARCHIVED-MeerMordal Guest

Was in a group for this zone today, every thing went smoothly until after we killed the Witchdoctor. The doors right before the 2 rime horsemen closed on us and wouldn't open again even though it gave us the option to click and open so we were unable to finish the zone. Are the supposed to be unable to open again once closed or is it something that just hasn't gotten fixed?
  18. ARCHIVED-nekurareikon Guest

Etruscus wrote:
    Improbable, but still seems like a coincidence. I run the zone practically every day and haven't really seen any patterns in the loot distribution.
  19. ARCHIVED-Duhana Guest

Was in this zone for the first time last night. Really enjoyed it!
    Only one major bug that I recall. The Taskmaster fight (named, 2 others linked, Protector and Defender). Killed named. Epics run in and wipe us. Repeat, same thing. Tried no blue aoes, same thing. Named wasn't resetting, so we wondered if we could killt he Protector and Defender still up to finish the encounter. Neither would take damage. Besides not completing this kill technically, the grate in the floor still became clickable. After a couple more tries and more epics crashing our party and our heads...
    Additionally on a later attempt, Named down, Epics run in, kill 5 of the 6 of us. The 6th, the epics didn't care about and they ran back. o_O The Protector and Defender were still up....
    And fighting each other.
    I think the Protector died as the five of us were running back, hoping to get the third guy down in time, but not enough time to get there. When the 2nd of the 3 mobs died, the 3rd mob turned on the 6th player and killed them. Tried again, and this time I think we did no damage to the other two, that or minimal, and no epics. Not sure if that's the intention of the script or a bug.
    Witch Doctor fight. Maybe I'm a masochist, but this was super fun for me. No issues, first try and I believe 5 of the 6 of us was our first time seeing him.
    Rime Riders. As was explained to me, they pop when you get to the vine. They popped when we exited the door, way before the vine. At least we knew they were coming because one person had been there. lol Wasn't quite set for them though, and the tank got punted into the ether. Next pull, no issues.
    This was my fourth group instance of the new expansion, not counting the three feet intp Kraytoc's. Favorite hands down so far. Even the ice. =P
    My only complaint is that for access you have to complete pools first. :( Doable, but since I haven't finished it yet, have to have someone in group who can get us into the zone.
    Additional Bug - Not Ascent related I don't think, but zone bug in general. Person with access at the door in GD. I'm standing right beside him and take an afk while waiting for everyone. When I come back, they are all in the zone. It said he was saved to the instance and when he was in, I could join him. But with no access, I couldn't click. He came out to get me and zone us in. Weird, never been in there so I had no timer... When in, realized oops, he had forgotten to reset. But it still pulled four other people in with him, but not me. First time seeing that. Zoned out, he reset, all was as it should be then.
  20. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

Fyreflyte wrote:
    Fyreflight, the bigger crystals do work much better. Thank you for the fix!
    The crystal that's in the Witchdoctor's room is still really hard to spot and get at if you don't know where it is -- and it requires an excessive amount of Super Mario Brothers jumping to get up on the roots to grab it. I have a really tough time with my big Halasians getting it unless I self-shrink with my Mystic Moppet.
    I don't mind the ones that are up a little on the rocks in the corridors, but that one on the roots in the Witchdoctor's room is just too high.