Hmm, LU 24 looks like it will be..... interesting....

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-xOnaton1, May 10, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Icarii_Raven`Lyon Guest

2. ARCHIVED-dagoo7 Guest

Just for clarification purposes ... The only real stun that swashies get other than cheap shot is the aoe 2 sec knockdown with long cast time (soon to be 1.5 sec knowckdown). So nerf to cheap shot does hurt noticeably solo. However, we also do have a single target mez on a longish timer (that's probably also gonna get nerfed).
    It is true that brigands currently have a lot of stuns that allow them to get off their many positionals. But looks like these CAs are getting seriously nerfed and the change to cheap shot just adds insult to injury. I would truly be unhappy if my main was a brigand.
    Regardless of control changes, IMO there was no good reason to nerf cheap shot against solo mobs and it hits scouts ability to solo unfairly without affecting the "problem" which they are supposedly trying to address.
    Message Edited by dagoo7 on 05-17-2006 06:04 AM
  3. ARCHIVED-xOnaton1 Guest

Looks like there's a bit of good news for these dirge changes:
    http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=testfeed&message.id=54833#M54833

Scout changes:
    - Scout: Cheap Shot: slightly reduced power cost. Duration is 4s instead of 6s on standard or weaker opponents.
    - Dirge: Lanet's Excruciating Scream: changed into short duration Daze effect that causes disease damage when it expires. The amount of damage was reduced. Reuse time increased to 30s.
    - Dirge: Garsin's Funeral March: Recast time increased to 45s from 30s. Overall break chance 30%.
    - Dirge: Sapping Shot: Recast time increased to 25s. Power drain changed to Root.

I think everyone will agree that a 6 second root is MUCH more useful than any power drain. I'll have to check this out on the test server. The 8 second daze on Lanet's seems pretty useful for CC from my testing. If you're fighting something that's dazed they just sit there while you beat them up.

I just logged onto one of my low dirges to see these new spells. He's still on the Isle with STR 19 and INT 25 so the damage numbers are obviously low.
    [IMG]

Othesus - Dirge - Lucan DLere
    Vaspar - Fury - Lucan DLere
    Message Edited by xOnaton1 on 05-17-2006 11:06 PM
  4. ARCHIVED-Lint26 Guest

8sec Daze and a nice new root, maybe things aren't all bad, just mostly.........
  5. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Root.. that makes it more useful for soloing, for sure, and definately better than the ineffectual power drain. But in a raid?

Losing the damage on Lanet's.. I hope the daze is worth it and that the unbreakability makes it to Live.
  6. ARCHIVED-Whysprr_Wyrd Guest

The root is sweet, and makes sense for dirges. People always stand and listen in amazement when I sing. Of course, that might just be stunned disbelief, but still.
    For soloing, being able to pull / debuff and then it unroots and the fight begins is... just... I'm all gooshy inside.
    Thank you thank you thank you... this, for me, outweighs the CS nerf.
    Whysprr
  7. ARCHIVED-Priestbane Guest

Um, if the daze stays unbreakable on live, that MORE than outweighs any nerfs we got. I would think that that wouldn't happen; I haven't gotten my dirge on test up high enough to do any real contribution to testing yet. =(
    I still contend the nerf to CS is a silly red herring. 2 seconds off of even or lower tier mobs every 30seconds is not exactly a rough loss. =)

EDIT: But yeah, adding a root to the bow CA certainly seems like a nicer thing than the power drain, that's for sure.
    Message Edited by Godstalk on 05-18-2006 10:50 AM
  8. ARCHIVED-firza Guest

Raiding and Lantes:
    I loved having a second agi debuff with some added dammage. Thought the second agi debuff more important.

Solo and Lanets:
    Also here used it on harder mobs as second agi debuff. Dammage on hard mobs was nice. Generally the mobs where dead before the dammage popped in though. Shorter duration of the debuff might make it even better at dps since you can use it and count on the dps. Doubt the stiffle will be there long while you do dps.
    Group;
    Becomes more of a cc thingie then our fear spell. The dps will however go off, where i never used it in groups before. Will increase my dps.....eventhough I prefer buffing/debuffing over personal dps.
  9. ARCHIVED-smogsmog Guest

I just started playing EQ2 3 months ago. These kind of pointless nerfs are if continued are going to drive me to another game. I do not understand why SOE make changes like these. It's not like bard are overpowered atm in any way shape or form and they nerf us. I look forward to Vanguard.
  10. ARCHIVED-xOnaton1 Guest

Before jumping to conclusions you should read this post by Moorgard if you haven't to see it from the dev perspective.

Unfortunately in a game this complex there will always be balance changes and "nerfs" and that's just the nature of MMOs. These changes are actually fairly minor compared to the LU 13 combat revamp. The dev team has to make changes if they think it will produce an overall better game. I think that learning to adapt to change is all you can do when playing MMOs.

Othesus - Drige - Lucan DLere
    Vaspar - Fury - Lucan DLere
  11. ARCHIVED-Priestbane Guest

xOnaton has it correct. And if you think no nerfs will happen in Vanguard, you aren't paying attention to -literally- every MMO produced. It's *not* a pointless nerf. It's a very point*ful* nerf. It sucks to be on the receiving end, and the players (including me) may disagree with implementation, but the real reason it's being done is something I think most people can agree with: control-locking mobs is a mechanic that breaks the game.
  12. ARCHIVED-playatru Guest

Ha ha you know this means that since we are getting daze the mobs will have ae daze thats gonna be fun:smileyvery-happy:
  13. ARCHIVED-IpigPiachoep Guest

Relax guys...at least we are not getting hit as hard as Trouby's. In fact compared to some (ie chanters) we are hardly getting touched at all.
  14. ARCHIVED-Cazrial Guest

Seems to me most of these nerfs are aimed at PVP.
  15. ARCHIVED-Laromor Guest

Am looking forward to the change of Lanets... and Cheap Shot for that matter (not as much though). The idea what we will get some control spells that will work on epics is interesting to me. However... how much will we be "allowed" to use them on epics. Six second cool down after cheap shot... for what... a 0.67 sec stun? .. I can only asume that ehcnanter stuns will have a longer epic duration than 0.67 sec ... in which case Cheap Shot will likely be a no no on epics. Same sorta goes for Lanets... 2.5'ish sec Daze effect (on epics) with 24 sec cool down ... enchanters (and possibly other classes) are bound to have some Daze (old Pacify) spells that will stick for longer (with a possible shorter cool down).

Still very interesting though... and I am very much looking forward to seeing these new effects in their final state.
  16. ARCHIVED-Bjerde Guest

Root and Daze are good changes. I don't mind about Cheap Shot too much since I took the Shield AA, where you get a knockdown (sta line)

To clarify, Daze (from a previous post) is just like a Mezz. The mob will stand there and do nothing, until you hit it....then it wakes up.
  17. ARCHIVED-Dakwa Guest

I find that two of our moast useful pulling attacks are now being made useless so that we will have to go into the middle of a high aggro area to fight an encounter we need for a quest. Like that is a real intelligent move, more like a stupid nurf.
    Then to try a justify it with that lame excuse was not much help either.
  18. ARCHIVED-Priestbane Guest

Interesting, Laromir... I had read into the cooldown/reuse on epics to be art-specific, not type specific. If stun immunity is based on type, that will require some careful raid/group tuning, to be sure.
  19. ARCHIVED-Priestbane Guest

Cazaril baits me! He baits me!
  20. ARCHIVED-Krooner Guest

SERVER Lag + Mob Bugs + Average Players PC = NEAR IMPOSSIBLE to coordinate.