Hizite Barding of the Potent

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Priority, Dec 3, 2022.

1. Priority Well-Known Member

Is it intended that this barding uses the Desert Catfish as a primary component and can't be refined for additional stats?
  2. Kuulei Well-Known Member

As far as I can tell, refining doesn't do squat. It was never "fixed" before launch as promised. But yeah you can't refine food mats.
  3. Zhevally Well-Known Member

Refining was fixed for everything but hides.

However the mount gear should be taking the pattern, rather than the rare as the primary component, so they can't turn out refined anyways as you can not refine the patterns. On my end the recipe does show correctly with the pattern as the primary, but if you are seeing differently that would be a bug.
  4. Drona Well-Known Member

I maybe wrong but even in VoV, refining the mats did not make any difference to barding of potent. It was the same stats even with refined mats.
    AOE1 likes this.
  5. Zhevally Well-Known Member

Yep, because refining only does something if the primary component is a rare, and in VoV the pattern was the primary component. Refining the build components provides no benefits.
    Drona and Priority like this.
  6. Caith Developer

As Zhevally said, refining build components does not provide any benefits, and mount equipment is not intended to benefit from refining.
    Breanna, Drona, Twyla and 1 other person like this.
  7. Priority Well-Known Member

Cool, never gotten a pattern for one before so was completely unaware of the intended function.
  8. Miragian Well-Known Member

Actually it goes back even further. the Void-etch stuff from RoS worked the same way, among other examples.
  9. Miragian Well-Known Member

Sigh, server weirdness duplicated my post.