Hit 100, now what?

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by gaymer77, May 7, 2017.

1. gaymer77 Active Member

So the other night I hit 100 on my berserker. Through buying Bloody Tooth & some SLR gear, I'm at 230 resolve, 4.7M HP, 108.7% block chance (not sure if that's good or bad), 18.7k mitigation, 15.2k avoidance (30.2 base, 39.2 block, 27.5 parry, 39.2 uncontested block), 1247% crit chance, 682% crit bonus, 4979% potency, 0.4% fevor (honestly not sure where I got that from lol), 138k amod, 1407% hate gain, 44% reuse, 67% casting speed, 36% double cast, 339 multi attack, and 99.5% AE auto attack. (I updated the resolve & HP after I just got a piece of gear. The rest of the stats changed but only slightly)

What do I do now? I've been soloing the OF timeline so far but I don't know what else to do. Where are these dungeons at & what KIND of dungeons will I be able to tank with these stats? Where can I get upgrades to the Bloody Tooth that are good since the timeline pieces only give 5 resolve pieces? How do I get to these Fen PQ and other PQs and would I honestly be able to tank them?
  2. gaymer77 Active Member

Oh and if you want to look me up online on that EQ website I'm Cochino on Antonia Bayle.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

Ascension classes.
    Prissetta likes this.
  4. Melt Actually plays the game

So I looked through a few of your characters and you seem to be missing something.
    Bloody tooth gear is garbage
    100 potency gear is garbage
    15 resolve gear with 100 potency is garbage
    100000 resolve gear with 100 potency is garbage.
    You can get 12k potency with twark gear. The game revolves around potency. Resolve is honestly not going to be an issue, as it seems you can just buy armor. Do your epic 2.0. Buy expert armor. Only buy jewelry that is over 800 potency.

Here is my berserker with 11k potency. It took me literally no money to outfit him fully, as I crafted everything myself.
    http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/2594166903441
  5. Astrayel New Member

The hate gain cap is 100% mate.

And Snikkety is correct, potency gear is king.
    Feldon likes this.
  6. guard Active Member

and don't reforge out of crit bonus till you hit the cap which is 4150
  7. gaymer77 Active Member

So what you're saying is it that I should get Twark gear and not worry about resolve at all right now? I thought as a tank resolve was one of the bigger stats to get because it has to do with how hard things hit you (if you don't have enough).
  8. Luhai Active Member

Having too little resolve will result in getting hit harder and hitting for less. Seeing as you're currently sitting at 230 resolve, this will do for a while. Tier 1 heroic zones require 190 resolve, Tier 2 requires 240 resolve.

As mentioned before, your biggest concern is potency. Without lots of potency, you won't be able to hold aggro against most DPS. Having some potency also helps with killing stuff faster when doing AS zones.
    Also, get your cast speed and reuse speed close to 100%. Your values are extremely low.
  9. gaymer77 Active Member

Ok I reforged my gear and was looking at the Twark gear on the broker. All of the plate Twark gear has LESS potency than what the Bloody Tooth has in addition to being less resolve. The only exception is jewelry which I got & have equipped now. My stats did change though after restoring & then reforging. I'm at 6.1k potency. My hate gain is right at 100%. My crit bonus is only 1.6k. So what do I do now? What kinds of things can I run based on my current gear & stats?
  10. Luhai Active Member

I'd recommend doing the Kunark Ascending timelines, adventure and crafting. The adventure timeline is required for starting the epic 2.0.
    Doing the crafter timeline will also get you the (currently) BiS cloak.

Concerning group content, you could start with the event heroics. They're relatively short and less...annoying for an undergeared tank.
  11. Tupperbeast Active Member

Your post makes me smile a lot, I will also tell you why. You advise others to buy expert gear. We would like it if you would learn the game times it is called Everquest 2. It is easy to learn gear by itself.

1) Run solo Zones or Craft items by self
    2) Run Heroic Zones for better stuff learn Gear Progress (Resolve 190-240)
    3) Work on Epic 2.0 get other free Items
    4) Run Heroic Expert Resolve Need is 338 self buffed

I see so many people in purchased gear but have no idea their class, buy armor will not help you if you do not even understand your class and what your spells and skills should be.
    Pot Comes with items and Tithe Points and infusing.

All i will say stop buying learn the Game, you can get all for free.

Buy is for noobs who want to have everything quickly and do not want to have themselves to farm, and then at the end rum whine the game is so boring.
  12. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

Yes but most tanks these days wish it wasn't. Siince threat isnt scaling with fervor and people keep getting more and more of it :p ....

You do the math.
  13. Feldon Well-Known Member

14. Melt Actually plays the game

Yeah I understand that but the OP seems to just buy all his gear so I advised if he's buying anything, buy plate expert gear. I wouldn't recommend it of course, but its better than the crap jewelry he bought.
  15. Carynn Well-Known Member

Lol @ Feldon. A perfect flowchart of why many players, including myself, were ticked off when we started KA - you had to have plat and a good amount of it to even be able to enter the zone. If you'd previously spent all your plat on silly things like spell upgrades, adornments, or that must have house item, you got to grind for plat before you got to grind for faction and tithe...
  16. Ansom Active Member

Hello, i will post a little guide make for a guild mate returing in game after 2-3y break:

1) once hit liv 100, use a Twark set for start
    2) Priority on Obulus timeline, you will need to start an ascension class soon as possibile.
    3) start working on epic prerequisite, you don't need to do all prerequisite at once, since the quest are gate behind ascension liv. Just start with the first quest prerequisite.
    4) run solo/adv solo often, they have a very nice xp, so you can start to level the deity point.
    5) just don't care about the resolve,
    6) for some gear, and start to know the zone you can ask to join in guild grp for normal zone, not expert. In guild we can do pretty much all zone in 3, without healer.. (well, ok, in 2, monk+necro)

For the stats, just ignore all dps stats, uhm, you don't have 100ae.. for a zerker is strange, unless you don't have the epic 1.0 (if is correct, start the epic 1.0 AFTER the obulus timeline).

uhm

http://u.eq2wire.com/advreport/show/2168960758827

You need to do the Greenmist in order to do the obulus timeline.

Like other have already post, Focus on Pot and Cb (until the cap), after focus on AM.

I have probably forgot something, but.. The important things should be there.
  17. Ryuken Active Member

Returning player here.

Doesn't 100 % blockchance mean you block every time?

Is there really something as 100 % chance to do something in EQ2, not a cap?
  18. Luhai Active Member

Nah, the block chance is just a multiplier for the block chance based on the protection value of your shield (or in the case of brawlers, the innate block chance).
    The actual cap for blocking is 70%, which has nothing to do with this particular attribute.
  19. Ryuken Active Member

Thanks Luhai!
  20. Legionair Member

You should definitely make your priority towards potency from the twark I gear. Granted being at 230 resolve solo is nice. You shouldn't need to gi.mp yourself on potency so badly. I'd recommend grab a lot of twark pieces on broker to get potency up. Then run all the solo zones. In a few days you will have almost all the 7 resolve pieces that are descent and you won't be that low on potency. Some pieces are rather good. Then work on your KA questline... Then ascension.