History in Stone - 5th Rune inscribed stone/pylon

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Mercychalice, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

I'm at the part where I have to find this thing. Now, I get that it's in a random location, and I'm okay with that. What I am not okay with is spending 3 1/2 (or more) hours searching for it, on one little bitty condensed space of island, killing hundreds of goblins waiting for it to spawn. I still haven't found it. I've looked on the beach, and all the bluffs surrounding the island's coastline as well. I'm so bored and sick of looking for it I went to go do something not game-related instead. Please, for the love of God, change the way that last pylon spawns up. I don't care that the location's random. I just don't want to spend eternity and a day searching for it.
  2. Kraeref Well-Known Member

It does spawn fast enough. At least it did for me. It just looks so dark greyish even with red glow that it is basically invisible till you stumble upon it. I think what we need a bit brighter glow to see it.
  3. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

I spent so long looking for it last night I quit playing. up and down the bluffs and beach, all the way around the island, top and bottom, and from the named goblin chief all the way down to luclin stone. I killed every goblin on that island more times than I cared to keep track of, without a pylon spawn, for almost 4 hours. I'm gonna call it 'ridiculous' and slap that 'ridiculous' label right on the front of that quest's jar. I'm gonna log in later and resume the search, but this, this is frustrating to say the very least.
  4. Brightlyz Active Member

I spent 4 hours yesterday searching for this, finally just had to delete the quest and start over and found it within seconds.
  5. Kaitheel Developer

I am sorry to hear of your frustration, Mercychalice. No wonder you gave it a rest, last night.

I really do not understand what could be causing the difficulty though. The pylon is 3 times the height of a goblin, so size shouldn't be stopping you from seeing it. It spawns in one of 6 spots on Twark (all 6 listed on wikia page.), and its not triggered by killing. It has an immediate respawn timer (6 seconds at most). The pylon itself can be seen, even on extreme performance from a distance (further than some of the stationary ruins in the area). As long as your quest says, "The rune-inscribed stones in Twark aren't from the pylon. I need to search for the pylon!" you should be able to find it.

~ Kaitheel
  6. Brethil New Member

I'm having the same issue. My quest however still says "Inspect another rune-inscribed stone in Twark". I have inspected all the ones listed on the wikia page already. I didn't have this issue on Beta.
  7. Razadazar New Member

You are missing a rune Brethil. You are not yet at final step. Eq2.wikia has the waypoints for all the stones. You are probably missing the last one before needing the pylon.
  8. Brethil New Member

I followed the wikia waypoints twice. All I get is the message that I already inspected the stones. I absolutely did not miss the last one.
  9. Brethil New Member

Re-inspecting the stone at location 137, -240, -861 (step 8 of the eq2.wikia list) updated the quest to the point where it tells me to look for the pylon... I guess I missed the first one then instead of the last one? I can advance, so that's what matters.
  10. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

I took a rest for a day or so on that alt, and as soon as I logged in again on her, it was there. I think that it may be buggy updating to actually produce the column at that point, so that a log out and in might fix it. Not entirely sure.
  11. Altho Well-Known Member

Annoyed as hell with this one also, looked for it for so long, I too stopped playing. These games waste enough time never mind looking for things that aren't there.
  12. Powar Member

The problem, I noticed, is the last quest doesn't actually update after clicking the last rune to.. find the pylon. The quest blinks.. you think you updated.. but it didn't. Unfortunately you also can't reclick the last rune. I deleted the quest twice and on the 3rd time it actuallyupdated.
  13. Kittybock Well-Known Member

We've had to help multiple people with this quest in our guild. With it stating "another rune" players are running back and forth to the ones they have done, they get confused and aggravated. Not sure the answer on what would direct them, but wanted to provide feedback.

As an aside on this: not all players are crafters, so they can't avoid the goblins. Goblins have a pretty fast respawn, so toons with low DPS are just in a continual battle, as they search for runes. I don't have that issue on my toon, but saw some yesterday that killed painfully slow.
    Shmogre likes this.
  14. Mowse Well-Known Member

Had this problem also. Deleted the quest and it was fine. Aggravating but it was better than the time I spent running around trying to find the pylon
  15. Daleon New Member

For me it was the first rune (near Vhesh) that did not register. I went back there, clicked the rune and the pylon spawned correctly afterwards.
  16. Ravnor New Member

This quest is bugged. One of the previous runes doesn't update properly. After you get all the previous runes, and your journal says to find the pylon, go back and click all the previous runes again until you get another update. Then look for the pylon.
    Quillyne likes this.
  17. Sogapa Active Member

Hah. I took 3 days trying to find the update near Vhesh. When I finally got that one, I guess the game felt sorry for me and the pylon was up when I got back to twark.
  18. Ratza Well-Known Member

I had same issue....spent hours and hours on this to the point I wanted to pull out my hair in frustration. Even did it on a second toon and got stuck on same step again. I then figured it all out....so when you fly across the beach to Vresh or whatever that guys name it you hear a ding for an update which is kind of confusing because that to me appeared like I go the update that was needed in that spot.....so after hours and hours of trying to figure out what was wrong, deleting the quest and restarting it, and progressing a 2nd toon to this step I figured out the rune beside him was what I was missing. Once I clicked on it and went up above where the gobbies are it was easily seen! That DING update was the culprit!
  19. Febrith Well-Known Member

I had a similar problem - it got to the part *I need to search for the pylon" and it wasn't showing anywhere so I logged to my same character and TADA!!! - it was within 2 feet of where I'd camped.
  20. Sennen Well-Known Member

The wiki fails to mention you need to inspect the first one twice.