High Keep:The Bloodless Incursion [Contested] now on Test and Beta!

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Chrol, Mar 14, 2014.

1. xkrisx Well-Known Member

Gotta get hit for that debuff to matter.. Brawler zone once more :)

J/K
  2. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Undead Army regardless of the various versions presented here previously are still asking healers to shoulder the weight again.

Side question: Due to the known issues this xpac with cleric reactives being ignored and not triggering in both raid and group content, will trash/names do the same in here because if we run into that issue in the new contested Highkeep, that mechanic issue coupled with the Undead Army debuff will seriously anger more than a few clerics.

Serious question.
    Malleria and Mermut like this.
  3. Silzin Active Member

I think b changing the Debuff from Reducing Healing to Increase Damage Taken... it does place most of the burden on the healer, but it allows the tank to also help with the damage taken. as for damage on the group, most tanks can not help with tho. I like the idea of Increase Damage Taken a lot more then Reducing Healing a lot better.
  4. Black New Member

Trash hits for 50-200k , that is not hard but you can not body pull any mobs/groups cause they will start fight and every mob in aggro range will add.

2 adds = 200% more damage , not many classes will survive 600k hits .
  5. Ucala Well-Known Member

idk where you are counting, 2 adds would mean 100% more damage, not 200%
    as for that alone though, my mage should survive a 600k hit with just about any type of healer.
    taking into account mitigatino and stuff

also body pulling is basically the only way to go, you don't pull extra when you body pull, unless you hit the mobs early on and they are too close to other mobs and are social. in which cause you need smarter people in your group.

also, I do believe you only get the debuff after you pull more then one
    (in other words, pull 1, no debuff, pull 2. 1 debuff. etc)
  6. Silzin Active Member

So from what it looks like is:

1 Buff is +50% damage taken (Designed as Normal damage)
    2 Buff is +100% damage taken (Effectively +50% Normal)
    3 Buff is +150% damage taken (Effectively Double Normal)
    4 Buff is +200% damage taken
    Capping at 32 Buffs @ +1600% damage taken.... that is a scary Designed Cap.

this is "IT" I am understanding the buff that i am seeing.
  7. Chrol Developer

1 increment = 50% more damage taken
    After the 1st increment, the detriment from Undead Army doubles, so...
    2 increments = 100% more damage taken
    3 increments = 200% more
    4 increments = 400% more
    5 increments = 800% more
    6 increments = 1600% more.
    Increments can go above 6, but you won't take any more than 1600% more damage.
  8. xkrisx Well-Known Member

wowee so dont pull more the 2 mobs at a time.. god I hope the social agro and geometry isnt skewed to much when it goes live lol. I may just shout " LEEROYYY JENKINSSSS " and pull like 30 mbs and kill everyone :) haha
  9. Crychtonn Active Member

Excellent work on wasting time making a new contested zone and putting in the extra effort to make it so few if anyone will use it after the first week or two. I give it that long before people say F this zone and never go back. HK = complete waste of Dev time Gratz.
    Naudi likes this.
  10. Ucala Well-Known Member

well now that is much more extreme that I thought. but not as extreme as what Blank was thinking
    I hope you know that with this the future floods of complains these forums will have from people and that you will probably end up nerfing those anyway. when you could be doing it already and save some time.
    so if you pull 4 mobs, you get 200% more damage? (1 mob plus 3 debuff mobs)?
    I actually find that 4 mobs being pulled to be the highest you could probably take it. maybe 5 mobs pulled (4 debuffs)
    that would require though everyone in the group to burn the same trash mob in order to try and kill it before temps run out in order to decrease the increment level by 1 to a more liveable approach.

I will still say though that I like it this way. I can/will convince guildies to run this zone for the possible loot that can be achieved, not to mention that there is a x2 and a x4 in the zone (x4 requiring the dolls from atleast midway in ToV to spawn).
  11. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Anyone have any solid info on the loot as in is it going to be worth the serious dungeon crawl or are we looking at another "hey look it's aspect of the dragon 3" moment.
  12. Ucala Well-Known Member

I have got some loot but a few pieces from just a few mobs doesn't give a solid outlook of the possible ones.
    I have heard from other people that some of the charms in the zone are quite amazing though
  13. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Yeah wish I had the time to get into beta to try it before we go live but meh....just don't wanna turn around and have a faceplant moment like fabled SOS...and hoping some nice healer items for once...
  14. petier Active Member

aoe taunts gonna suck.
  15. Silzin Active Member

I think ouy should change the Description on the In-Game Debuff to reflect this pattern, since it is not obvious from what is on Beta.
  16. Buffrat Well-Known Member

This really doesn't change anything. This game is already about completely avoiding damage instead of taking it. If I ever step foot into this zone (mostly meaning if it survives until the time non-gold members can zone in) I don't plan on pulling any less than 8 mobs at a time. If mobs live for more than 25-30 seconds, I'll just bring a second tank and we'll rotate saves and pretend we're raiding <insert nearly any mob in wing 2 here>.
    Koko likes this.
  17. Koko Well-Known Member

QFE.
  18. Mohee Active Member

I don't understand why you guys feel the need to add some sort of new debuff thing to trash mobs to prevent players from pulling more than a couple at a time...
    In a dying game, why frustrate players even more?...
    I think its been well established for 10+ years now, the players of EQ2 like to pull lots of things at once. Let the path to names be filled with carnage and fun. Not boring 1 mob pulls...

It doesn't add any challenge at all, it just makes it feel more boring and slow.
    The only "challenge" it adds at all is your buggy game engine mechanics of player aoe's pulling things that are behind walls, on other levels, or sometimes not even anywhere near you.
  19. Daray Well-Known Member

The debuff is probably a good idea, given that the overall zone layout is pretty small. Without slowing players down, each zone would probably only sustain a single group (like Sleeper's Tomb did).
  20. Ragna Well-Known Member

There's a bug with the "Undead Army" debuff.and Charms.

If a mob put the debuff on your group and then get charmed, the debuff will stay (even if out of combat) until the charmed mob dies.
    In case that's a "feature" and "working as intended" (dunno maybe you hate charm...) it's still bugged as you won't get the debuff if you charm a solo mob before it agros and puts "Undead Army" on your group.