High Keep:The Bloodless Incursion [Contested] now on Test and Beta!

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Chrol, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Chrol Developer

In another time, or possibly the present; in another reality, or possibly yours, a somber grey mist seeped into High Keep, plunging the great fortress in darkness. Beyond its walls in the valleys, passes, and forests, a defeated army rose up and marched toward the keep. Not a single inhabitant presaged the tragedy that would befall them in the coming days, as this army of the dead emerged from the mist and engulfed High Keep in ruin.

In your time; in your reality, a portal within Vesspyr Isles has revealed itself, as though calling on behalf of the fallen of High Keep, urging you and other heroes to gather and avenge their deaths. Do you have the courage to step through and risk your own life for the sake of others? Only a true hero would take up such a task…

High Keep: The Bloodless Incursion, is a new contested zone with new challenges for groups of heroes brave enough to walk its halls. Access to the keep is through a portal just down the ramp from the High Keep and Pickclaw Depths portal on Vesspyr Isles. Exact location: -306.9, 142.8, -536.

Please provide feedback and any bugs you encounter within this zone here. Thank you, and good luck!

-Chrol
  2. ElectricPotato Active Member

Nice looking zone, I like that there's a second quest down at the bottom linkage between keep and depths. Hopefully an Npc can whisk us to that point after we've completed particular tasks. Pretty neats so far.

The stacking uncurable heal reduction hurts my corpse a lot. Well, as long as monsters can get a hit in.

There are some weird monsters laying on the ground that I can't target but give me a combat cursor when i hover over them, and they get up off the ground and become normal when I get close.

Cauldron of ectoplasm supposed to do something or just give the name on hover over?

Edit:Er, prison door won't open, maybe i needs a key.

Edit Edit: Oooh collectibles, clicky object quests. Must get into prison.

Revive point at second quest guy if you die deeper than him would be pretty sweet.
  3. Chrol Developer

Yes, there are ;)

Perhaps...

There is a way to earn this...
    ElectricPotato likes this.
  4. ElectricPotato Active Member

I love Chrol! <3
  5. Chrol Developer

As much as you love contested High Keep?!
  6. ElectricPotato Active Member

I bamboozled a friend into helping me fight some monsters.
    Soothebounder- ectoplasmic something- interruptible, but it healed to full after it got the spell off. recasts really fast, like 4s after the interrupt. I tried to have my buddy serene symbol it off as it stuck on as a HoT, but it didn't work. If we had more dps or a coercer it coulda been okay, I like a little bit more of a reward for an interrupt(reminded me of how horrible necroparsers were =p)

Grom(?) the ruthless <Bonebreaker>-- at about 10% there was a green text about noxious resistance... and it killed me and my warden buddy. Mercs weren't getting hit by the uncureable nox, and held it for the 5s we were down. green text kind of suprised us and, like, it didn't feel like we had a clue what to do.

EDIT: We were both impressed by the loot that dropped. The new effect was pretty interesting in a couple of combinations. (charm that converted to spells to disease damage either 50% uptime or 100% uptime, if its togglable or instant cooldown, my buddy won it) I was thinking pair it with the Ragefire crafted charm, my buddy wanted to pair it with bertox deity spells.
  7. Chrol Developer

Grulk is the one you're referring to. His noxious should target mercs. I'll put in a fix for that.

Regarding the heal, Ectoplasmic Bond, there is recast delay on it regardless of your actions. I'll keep an eye on it. It's possible the recast is too short.

Thanks for the feedback!
  8. Skeezie Active Member

Boxing my group, it's definitely a challenge for me - the soothewalkers are a bit overdone for my dps. I'll be needing to grow up a bit more before I could be able to call it fun, but I am looking forward to that day - looks like its going to be a good time. I always say that I know I can't do what a good group can do, but I'm a pretty good boxer and I think I can do what a bad group can do - so, given a good group it'll be a great time!
  9. Velros Member

Parvazt the Handler, i may be wrong but i think somthing to do with the organ exploding isnt right, several times it killed 2 people and left 1 alive while we where all stacked up far away from it.. apart from that, the fight is so long that adds respawned on us and gave their healing recived debuff... hope you find somthing to fix from my observations.. :)

EDIT : the group had a fair amount of dps the organ didint seem to be killable, so we tried jousting away from it,
    just to clear that up
  10. Glassjaw Active Member

Names are not showing up on track for some reason.

The stacking detriment of 25% heal reduction seems a bit over the top.

Ruptured Vein was doing insane amounts of damage. Enough to basically one shot our well geared raid Paladin.

The arcane effect Sinking Feeling: Reduces potency of attacks by 400%. Targets in Area of Effect have their chance to hit with a weapon lowered by 100%. - Doesn't really seem in line with heroic content. Sure it's curable but it just keeps being applied.

Average% of melee hit rates in this zone are very, very low. My zerker wasn't even hitting 70% and my brigand was lucky to break 88%. This too seems out of line with average heroic content and a good contrast is how my brigand and other scouts maintain 92-98% melee hit rates on high end raid content.

Overall Hit Points of trash and the named mobs seems good though.

I have only had time to see two of the named encounters but each one was interesting and fun.

The Parvazt the Handler encounter: He unleashes his pet and once pulled away Parvazt can be damaged but he later heels his pet and continues to take damage. The organ explosion seems to go off very soon after it spawns. We tried ranging it from about 20m and only a couple people would die rather than the whole group.

That's all I have for now - I am hoping to get a full group in here rather than a brig, paladin and fury with mercs lol.
  11. Ucala Well-Known Member

kinda interesting how once you run into a mob you get locked into fight with them :p cancelling your out of combat speed :p
    I am seeing though on my train toon that everytime I FD, it completely resets all the mobs that were fighting me, that would be pretty annoying for others in the zone I think
  12. Ucala Well-Known Member

been trying to get people to log on to run it with me since I can't solo these hard mobs. but no luck :p
    wtb a buff that makes me a group
  13. Kuulei Well-Known Member

:( I copied to beta, but there was only 1 group currently in there and no others on beta to group with to try out the zone. I guess I will wait for it to go live.
  14. Supemal New Member

Can't find some named,achievement shows there is 20 nameds in zone,but my group only find 11 of them.and prison area is empty,maybe i should find way to active event/named in there.
  15. Chrol Developer

Looks like Demontail's organ was killing anyone that was within range of it when it started casting Organ Burst, not when the casting completed. This will be fixed.
  16. Chrol Developer

You have to find them yourself. No tracking on nameds in this zone.

This is to prevent groups from pulling entire floors, but these numbers may change before going live.

Have to destroy the undead that cast those quick then ;) The recast on those may need to be increased, though. I'll keep an eye on it.

This might be over the top. I'll take a look at it.

This will be fixed as well. Thanks for the feedback!
  17. Gaarysal Active Member

Do you realize how frustrating all of these mechanics are for players? You are making it better for people to sit at a name AFK with a Merc than to run around and actually do the zone (just like it was in clefts with the heal debuffing trash). People want to round up contested zones, it is more fun and gives people a place to grind both currently and in the future. They don't want to kill 1-2 trash mobs at a time only to finally arrive at a name that isn't up (since they can't check track) or see it being killed by someone's merc who just sits there and never needs to kill the heal debuffing trash. If you are going to do all this stuff just to artificially slow people down you may as well just make the zone instanced, at least then people can't AFK farm it.
    Daalilama, Plinc, Naudi and 1 other person like this.
  18. Glassjaw Active Member

I really like that the names are not track-able it makes for more of a challenge. From the names I have seen I highly doubt that any one player with a merc will be able to camp any named in there. There is a significant amount of trash which is closely grouped together then add the heal reduction effect and it makes it near impossible to solo/merc farm names which I really like seeing as how it is heroic content. So yea no afk farming going on in there and the zone is really optimally setup for multiple groups to enjoy the content without stepping on too many toes. A good example is the fabled sanctum of scaleborn. A stacked group can pull dozens of trash mobs and multiple names and hog the whole place and that's even less fun for everyone else.
  19. Noctew Active Member

Please speak for yourself. I for one as a healer am tolally fed up with chain pulling tanks. I'd prefer to have some downtime between fights so I can at least use the guild chat without people in the group dropping like flies because the chainpulling reckless selfhealing tank doesn't even bother to turn mobs away from the group.

Please keep the stacking debuffs!
  20. Ucala Well-Known Member

I hope you know that the difference between room pulling and pulling 2-3 mobs at a time won't equal much "downtime" it just equals longer to trug through the zone, it's not like after pulling the 3 mobs that they are dead you are gonna pause for awhile before another 3 mobs