High elf history and law

Discussion in 'History and Lore 2' started by CRAZYEQ2GUY, Dec 21, 2013.

1. CRAZYEQ2GUY New Member

Can anyone tell me some high elf history and law, as I have started a RP cha, and I am quite new to the game, so I would like to know some law for RP. Thanks :D
  2. Meirril Well-Known Member

This is a tall order. It would take pages to do this properly. I'll sketch a brief thumbnail but honestly I'm glossing over this.

In the beginning Tunare entered into a pact with Brell and Prexus to create life on Norrath to oppose Veeshan's claim to the world. Tunare created many beasts and plants. Amongst them her chosen were the Elves which she fashioned after her self. The rulers of the elves were the Thex, and she placed them in the Elddar Forest (on what was known as Tunaria back then, but is called Antonica now.)

Innoruuk was jealous of the new races and made a plan. He stole the child of the Thex king and queen. Several hundred elven warriors were sent to retrieve the young price. Many were captured. The royal couple made a deal with Innoruuk: the price would be released and they would take his place. Innoruuk agreed to this and thus began many hundreds of years of torture and experimentation on the captured elves. This eventually turned them into the Tier'dal (dark elves) we know today.

The young price took his place as ruler of the Elves in time. While he attempted to free his parents, his efforts were always thwarted. Eventually the Elddar elves continued onward. In time they were the first to decipher the mysteries of magic and most of the magic understood today was first discovered by the elves.

In time Solusek Ro, the tyrant of fire grew jelous of the elves' creations and decided to smite the race. He cast magics that caused the Elddar Forest to slowly burn. The magic caused the tempature to rise, the rain to stop falling and the forest to slowly become a desert. The elves used their magic to fight this for a long time, but there was no way to stop what Solusek set in motion. Eventually the Elddar Elves abandoned their ancestral home and moved to the continent of Fadwyer.

On Fadwyer the Elves settled in the Faydark forest. The Fier'dal (high elves) created the grand city of Felwithe to house their nobels, priests and mages. Those seeking the comfort of the forest created the city of Kelethin nearby. Over the centuries these elves slowly evolved into the Koda'dal (Wood Elves) who prefer a life closer to nature and Tunare's gifts.

In many occasions the Tier'dal have invaded, trying to claim rulership over the entire elven race. Each time the Tier'dal have been pushed back, but always at a great cost. Your family left Felwithe to support Qeynos during a time of crisis. The gods had abandoned Norrath and the avatars of War and Hate threatened to lead the Ogre's to conquer all of Antonica. Your parents chose to join the defenders of Qeynos. After the Greenmist destroyed the Rallosian Army your parents chose to stay and help repair the damage to Qeynos.

During the War of the Fay the means to teleport were cut off. Messages of the war never reached Qeynos. Then the Rending cut off all travel. During this time Felwithe cut off all contact with the outside world and the Fier'dal within carried out an extremist program of racial purging which resulted in them becoming the Ren'dal (Pure Elves). No longer are they High Elves. With a lifespan shorter than most humans it is a question of what this "purity" was intended to bring. Never the less the Ren'dal consider themselves to be different than other elves and shun them as much as they shun every other race on Norrath.

If you want more go do the racial quests in Qeynos. Then make sure you quest in Fadewyr for more. Unfortunately most of the history of the Fier'dal can only be found in EQ1. Good luck.
  3. CRAZYEQ2GUY New Member

Thank you :D
  4. Rainmare Well-Known Member

some of this is wrong though.

though there are various version of how Inny got his hands on the Thex's (the capture/negotiation of the prince, flat out taking the two monarchs themselves) depends on which verison you go with. I always went with the flat out capture of the first royals. Sol Ro isn't the Tyrant of Fire, that's his father, Fennin. second he didn't cast any magics to make the forest burn, he raised up the Serpentspine Mountains, that caused the forest to wither under what amounts to horrific drought conditions.

they did eventually move to Faydwer, at this point they are still as far as I remember just the Dal. what became the Koada'dal founded Felwithe, which was more like Takish-Hiz (the original capital city) where they were mostly mages/priests/paladins people that prefered city style life. the more nature centric ones (druids/rangers, though warriors and bards and rogues could start there) made Kelethin up in the trees.

The war of the Fay and the Battle of Defiance seem to actually take place very close together. both needed to be just before the Rending. the various gods communicated to thier followers about heading to Freeport/Qeynos for the coming storm..those that left fought int he Battle of Defiance. those that stayed behind (as far as the elves/gnomes/dwarves) were involved in the War of the Fay.

the war of the Fay say both Thex kings fall, the sack of Felwithe and it's destruction at the hands of gnomes trying to liberate it, the death of the high elven queen shortly after. Lenya took over after that.

Felwithe was rebuilt, but the council and lenya had a disagreement. Lenya wanted to keep things as they had been, with the elves allowing other races into the city, the council (under Mayong's influence) saw the destruction/lack of help from Tunare, her silence after/during the war of the fay, that they were tainting themselves with other influences and thus Tunare had turned her back. they call themselves the Renda'dal, and rebuilt Felwithe is now New Tunaria and work to keep thier bloodlines 'pure' which has resulted in actually negative effects, like a far shorter lifespan. but are haughty even to other Koada'dal, who they consider impure for thier time in Qeynos and otherwise.

they locked Lenya away for about 500 years (till the start of EQ2) where Mayong used the time to seduce her, make her his most recent bride/lady and basically ran New Tunaria.

recent events however seem to hint that after Lenya has us take the thexian crown to a steward in New Tunaria, (she gives up her rights since she's a vampire, sees what mayong has done and wants someone else to rule) that Firionia Vie is now the ruler/leader of New Tunaria. though what influence she may have or what influence she has stripped form Mayong there is up for speculation.
  5. Meirril Well-Known Member

The trade is the more recent version.

Yes, there was a single elf race that went to Faedwyr. I just wanted to very quickly point out that the two cities were populated by elves of a different mentality and that was entrenched over time and resulted in the two races of elves.

I do get the two Ro's confused. The mountains alone aren't enough to explain how the druids couldn't keep the forest alive, much less the earth converting to sand. The very first story was of a great fireball creating the desert. The mountain range is the most recent story but honestly I don't find it convincing.

The timing of the two battles is very questionable. The Battle of Defiance had forces from Fadewyr lead to Qeynos by visions and dreams. At this time they couldn't use teleportation, those forces came by ship. They stayed in Qeynos to help rebuild and the Rending happened during the reconstruction of Qeynos which prevented those that stayed from returning.

The War of the Fay could of happened earlier. The Dark Elves are surprised that teleportation isn't working, as it was a retreat plan for at least one mage we know of. The majority of the force sailed to Fadewyr and while they had great initial success the reinforcements from Kaladim, Akan'on, the brownies and the Fae routed the entire Tier'dal army (which has been living in tents in the Lesser Faydark for 300 years....really?). We don't get any lore about the Rending in relation to the War of the Fay.
  6. dotx3 New Member

Just a little mistake I noticed! You seem to have mixed up Koada'Dal and Feir'Dal.

Koada'Dal = High Elves
    Feir'Dal = Wood Elves

Cheers:)!
  7. Aranedhel Member

I don't want to start an argument, but I have to admit that when I first saw a post earlier refer to the wood elves as Feir'Dal I was confused. Granted my EQ1 days are over 10 years behind me, and dementia may be creeping up on me, I distinctly recall that High Elves were the Feir'Dal (I had a HE Pally that I rp'ed intermittently). Are there any SOE generated data that clearly define which terms refer to the individual branches of elven races? If someone can point a finger in that direction I would appreciate it, thanks.
  8. flameweaver Well-Known Member

9. Rotherian Well-Known Member

This is the text from the house item The History of Koada'Dal:
  10. Rotherian Well-Known Member

This is the text from the house item The History of Feir'Dal:

You can judge for yourself, but the first seems to be talking about High Elves, and the second about Wood Elves.
  11. Flaxen New Member

I've played EQ2 since close to launch and the High Elves have always been known as the Koada'Dal and the Wood Elves have always been the Feir'Dal.