Hide (picture) Frame Option?

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Excuse me Please:

In a current house project that requires FLAT pictures, I was wonder how hard it would be to have an option on placed pictures Examine window to have a check box [x] Hide Frame. This way, no frame rising above painting picture itself that needs to be hidden, allowing just the picture to be view-able,...
    Please, Please, Please :D
    Juraiya, Cyrrena, Faeonara and 2 others like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'm confused; you mean like the Paintings, Portraits, etc. that Carpenters can make?

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  3. Faeonara Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good idea but Iam not sure how hard it would be for devs to make it possible ..Some of the paintings i like best have those large frame things that detract from the painting itself so I do understand what you mean .
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Yes, I think he means he would just want the canvas showing.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm. Usually, if people want to hide the frames, they use something like a landscape painting and pretend the frames are part of a "window" frame, often using an actual physical gap as the "window." I've used some as "television displays" where the frame was, once again, part of the surrounding "item." :-/

Unfortunately, it seems like the frames really do stick out quite a bit on just about all of them that I've seen. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  6. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

aye, tis correct.
    Sorry if I was not clear in what I was asking for,...
  7. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

yes, due to the frames (which admittedly are quite ornate) being higher than the canvas of the actual painting, that picture can be re-purposed to use only the frame.
    What I am asking is the reverse, where the FRAME is removed (made invisible?) and Just the picture itself is left.
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, it was late night/early morning when I saw it...that's my excuse and I'm stickin' to it. ;->

Uwk