Hide Mounts

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Starlite, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Starlite New Member

Is there a way to hide mounts in the Guild Hall areas?? Especially the tradeskill area and Banking, Broker areas.
    Small sized chars have a hard time in those areas if one or more people don't dismount (despite the guild message asking to dismount in the tradeskill area,(the banking area needs it to)) and they even go afk in there. If more than 1 mount its just about impossible to see the npc's . If there is no way to hide view of other mounts can the Guild Hall please be made a NO MOUNT area.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

You can turn 'show mount' to off on your side...
    Twyla likes this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Look in options. You can tell it to never display mounts. You'll see them when they're flying, but not otherwise.
    Rosyposy and Twyla like this.
  4. Victor1990Vega New Member

Options / Display / Characters and Animation / Render Mounts
    • Show Always
    • Hide During Combat
    • Never Show
    It would make more sense to put this "Render Mounts" setting under either or both of the following:
    • Character / Mounts
    • Character / Options / Graphics
    I am necro'ing this thread because it's the #1 hit on Google when searching for how to do this and the above answers were not as helpful as they could be.
    Rosyposy and Twyla like this.
  5. Melkior Well-Known Member

Yep, i've never understood why people ask other to dismount when you can just not render them on your side. I haven't seen a mount other than in flgiht in years. Usually when I explain to people they can tuen them off, they STILL insist on asking people to dismount. Maybe Daybreak needs to make off the default, and have people turn it on if they want them rendered?
    Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  6. Taes New Member

I've made macros to hide and unhide mounts so I toggle them on the fly. Very handy.
    graell67 and Twyla like this.
  7. Taes New Member

In case others would like to see how I made the macros:
    Show mount: /suspend_mount_mode 0
    Hide mount: /suspend_mount_mode 2

[IMG]
    Riff and Rosyposy like this.