HHE17 Official Video Tour Thread

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Spextasy, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Thanks! I know the Wild Boar is yours, 'cause it said so in the Crate, but if you'd like me to have him, that's cool. If you want him back, that's cool too, and I'll think of a way. :)

Uwk
  2. Spextasy Well-Known Member

The Skyfire HHE17 Videos have arrived! There were only 2 entries for the Skyfire server, so I went ahead and did both videos myself. And here they are!

(HHE17) Cake in the Tank by Aneylee
    Lavastorm Winter Retreat - South Qeynos
    Large Homes - Newly Published
    Owner : Wizzam
    Decorator : Aneylee (and friends!)
    Videographer : Shanette

Lots of fabulous things to see in this home. She did a wonderful job!

and....

(HHE17) The Gathering House by Wizzam
    Uncanny Estate - South Qeynos
    Owner : Aneylee
    Decorator : Wizzam

Not only a beautiful reskin, but a really cute theme with fabulous ideas!
    Merriel, Gretel, Sapphirius and 5 others like this.
  3. elflover Well-Known Member

I toured the cake in the tank earlier today, it is so beautiful in there. I especially loved the lighting with heart globes, and all those octopi wanting cake lol. I loved how Wizzam made that estate feel so much bigger than it is, just awsome. Thank you guys for doing the house decorating exchange and for sharing so wonderful to see.
  4. Wizzam Well-Known Member

Thank you so much, but I can't take credit for anything in the Cake In A Tank house. I wish I could as the design is jawdropping! Aneylee and her guildies worked hard on it and it continues to blow my mind
  5. elflover Well-Known Member

O I know Anelyee did the cake house I loved it, and I had to read the books you guys put in there. I plan on touring the birthday house tonight. I'm glad they are on my home server, I get to peek in there whenever hehe.
  6. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Video information updated with published details. :)
  7. Ealdian Well-Known Member

"Is Uncle Frank the bird?"

LOL!

I love watching your vids Shanette. I always see things that I didn't notice when I visited.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Wizzam, what IS it with you and tourtaphagous cephalopods? Did you just make a copy of that house book you had for me on Halls of Fate with your 6-room New Halas place? ROFLMAO! :D

Uwk
    who's envious at the obviousness of it in the Lavastorm place... ;)
    Spextasy, elflover and Wizzam like this.
  9. Wizzam Well-Known Member

Don't you point those big words at me! lol
    It looks like I did copy and paste the books. At the beginning, I was signing up 4 toons across 4 servers, so to save time copy and pasting made it easiest.
    I have no preference towards octopus' (octopi? octopuses?), although cake is one of my favorite foods ever. (Inviting me to a birthday is never a good idea unless you've bought extra)
    To be honest, I'm very glad I did copy and paste the books, as it's refreshing and exciting to see what two different people created for one suggestion. I never knew an octopus lives to be 5, so celebrating her 4th birthday was a big event! And I never knew Octopus will invade your home with fire and ice globs to steal your cake. I've gotten the biggest kick out of that idea and the next swap I join I fully plan on adding something just as off the wall and unique to the book. I never expected anyone to take me seriously, but I couldn't be happier that they did!
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

"Cephalopods" are members of the class Cephalopoda, which includes octopuses (or octopodes, though usually only the British worry about that one ;->), squids, cuttlefish, and nautiloids (which are really primitive and usually only hunted for their pretty, pretty shells, poor things [the shell thing that takes you back to the othmirs is based on them]. :(). I'm also horribly allergic to all of them as food sources, so they have nothing to fear from me in RL; as a matter of fact, I like them a lot and think they're really cool. Octopuses in particular are freakily, nigh-scarily smart for something without a backbone. :D

"Tourtaphagous" is a word that I think I made up; "tourta" is one of the Greek words for "cake" (at least, according to Google Translate), and "-phagous" means "to eat." ;)

LOL! Yeah, that could be cool; Niboota's had a lot of luck with her theme suggestions. :)

Uwk
    Gretel, Spextasy and Ealdian like this.
  11. Febrith Well-Known Member

- yeh we worry about all sorts of nonsense tbh:)

Puss, you make me laugh:)
    Spextasy and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I highly recommend a Doctor Who book (4th Doctor) called, variously, either The Death Pit or The Drosten's Curse (probably depends on which country published it; written by A.J. Kennedy). One of the main characters in there was a little old lady who was a huge fan of octopuses (or octopodes), which is where I found out about the "proper" plural (though either works for the octies ;->). Imagine! All this time as a marine biologist, and I called them "octopi" too... X-P

Uwk
    Ealdian likes this.
  13. Tenchigirl15 Well-Known Member

love both of these houses! I laugh that there was an octopus invasion in the bakery, that's hilarious. :D and the birthday party is very charming (look's like someone took my HHE idea, lol!) I went to visit both of them and give likes. great job Wizzam and Anelyee (correct me if it's not the decorator's name) :)
  14. Febrith Well-Known Member

Don't be hard on yourself - according to Wikipedia all three are correct podes, topi or puses - so whichever floats your boat I say:)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Spextasy like this.
  15. Wizzam Well-Known Member

I did think it was really cool that we both came up with the Birthday theme! There was another person that also thought to make a birthday party too, which I loved.This house was done in the first two weeks that the swap ran, so by the time I popped over to help you with yours months later, I wanted to go back and fix mine up a bit. I resisted tho! /flex
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Spextasy like this.
  16. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Due to the massive downtime locking us all out of the game today, ( :mad: ) If anyone needs a little extra time on MD or AB to finish their homes, let me know and I will be sure to inform your homeowner of the situation. :)
  17. Yachiru-san Well-Known Member

Looking forward to all the wonderful homes for HHE17!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  18. Spextasy Well-Known Member

HHE17 Devilkiss, Missbehavon, and Arch
    Antonia Bayle Server
    Everfrost Summer Home - South Qeynos
    Owner : Llynlyna
    Decorator(s) : Devilkiss, Missbehavon, Archnemesis

19. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Last Call Bar (HHE17 by Boglily)
    Antonia Bayle Server