Hey! Returning player, wondering quite a lot about the game!

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions' started by ARCHIVED-Atnas, Aug 8, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Atnas Guest

Hello everyone!

I used to play EQ2 a long time ago with my brother. After a while we lost interest (we never did hit max level, but the areas we came into were so devoid of other people that it was hard to find groups for things and that was the most fun. Note, I'm from EU). I've been tempted to come back a bit though to relive a bit of the nostalgia and perhaps a bunch of the new content?
    But whoa, it's F2P! And not only that, it has a ton of expansions and things, battlegrounds I hear, and... I don't know, a new class I think? That's nice, probably!
    I quit the game around the Echoes of Faydwer expansion. I'd really appreciate if someone could tell me some of the following :)

- How is the population on EU? Can I get groups for things, are people around low-mid level areas?
    - How long time does it take to reach max level? If I do, can I do any raiding... or will I have to grind for gear? Will I be too behind the curve, so to speak?
    - How is that Beastmaster class? Worth getting the expansion over to spice up the gameplay a bit, or is it very similar to other classes?
    - I can't start in Qeynos anymore? I see a ton of new starting places, I'm so confused!
    - Are there any big changes to the game I ought to know about? I heard there were battlegrounds, and that you could start out on lv20... but that seems weird?
    - What class would be good to roll if not Beastmaster for a good mix of soloing, group and "PvP"?

I may post more questions, but those would be the most pressing :) Thank you!
  2. ARCHIVED-hexalobular Guest

Hi,
    I can't really answer most of your questions, being an inveterate soloer but regarding the starting areas,
    Kelethin and New Halas are Good, like Quenos and the other two Evil as Freeport.
    If you start as Good there's nothing stopping you from heading to Quenos as soon as you find the transprotation bell, if you want to be a Quenosian citizen you have to find the Quenosian ambasador (or something like that) in your home city to change citizenship. I don't know that citizenship makes much differance though, you can do quests and buy houses in any city of your alignment.
  3. ARCHIVED-Atnas Guest

Thank you for the reply! If forum activity is to be judge for game population however, I'm not quite sure I'd like to go back. Maybe I ought to post it in a different section of the forum? :)
  4. ARCHIVED-bluja000 Guest

Atnas wrote:
    Hope this helps answer some of your questions.
  5. ARCHIVED-Aanwiel Guest

Since you have been playing the leveling cap has increased. With that comes new areas, meaning the old areas being more or less emptied. Also with mercs in the game solo play has become abit more frequent.
    I loved the game when it was released, it went from group play to solo to raid level then group. If you dont have friends that your bringing to the game it will, and let me be honest feel lonely at times. Try to find a meaningful guild to you, game friends and the game becomes alot more fun.
    I hate to say it but some of the servers arent as heavy populated as others and for some its perfect meaning they can get stuff done faster, but be sure to determine what server you play on.