Hey Devs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Drew575, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Drew575 Active Member

Noone likes the idea of a temporary server.

Cant we do something like Deathtoll was and just advance it in progression with someone (dev wise) actually paying attention (like Caith and Kander did in Beta) and itemizing the loot/making class balance a priority? DT wouldn't have failed as quickly as it did if attention had been given to it from the start. These new pvp updates are what was needed back then to have kept it alive. Just make a TLE server and start it at T7 (KOS & EOF)...everyone has been asking for this, as this was the golden age of Nagafen.
    Hxktxr likes this.
  2. Drew575 Active Member

and a little nostalgia from a time when PVP was in its prime.
    Febrith and line110 like this.
  3. Kazooooooooooo Active Member

Tbh I don't mind the classic start but absolutely prefer a TLE over an event server.
    Siren and Durzo like this.
  4. Zenji Well-Known Member

I don't remember you asking what I liked, pretty sure you weren't in my discord asking what my guildies liked. You whine and complain in discord and now make posts pretending to speak for everyone. I agree that there is a large portion of the vocal pvp players that agree with you, but don't act like you can speak for the majority let alone everyone. Because you, nor any one person knows what the majority wants
    Bekkr, Breanna and Dude like this.
  5. Rutaq New Member

The OP have have generalized a bit but his claim is as good as anyones... It is too bad there isn't an easy way to accurately gauge what players / potential players wanted.

Just as you and your friends like a temp server, myself and my friends do not. We helped test during Beta and even resubbed to check out the other EQ2 servers but sadly there is nothing that caught our interest, so we hold out hope that a real PvP TLE will be released like Deathtoll but with actual care and support of the devs.
    Siren likes this.
  6. Gankednshanked Active Member

1) ignore Drew
    2) don’t ignore CnE
    3) ???????
    4) profit
  7. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

I dont mind a server purge, what i mind is the character deletion.

What do you think is gonna happen to the rank 1 player after the purge? Someone else is gonna take his name after season 1.
    Do you think people will tradeskill? Unlikely, its wasted time.

Instead of deleting the character, they should just bring it down to level 1. But keep the tradeskill class and level!

Just remove all the receipes, all the armor, all the items including harvestables and money. Whats gonna happen?
    After the season ends, people will jump right back into the game and start harvesting and dungeon crawling again, the pvp crowd is gonna hunt people again. They gonna need to get all the mats, all the receipes and all the spells again. But their name and character is safe, no sleepless nights.

That could be the right approach for seasonal pvp.

I just dont know how difficult it is to code this, probably gonna need some dev power :/

PS: Ofcourse make everything faster: master drop rates higher, more rare harvestables, faster exp in pvp and pve. Then this could really work.
    Siren likes this.
  8. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

Also i want to bring in another idea, dont hate me for it!

I think we're gonna keep the 1 character rules per account. How about if you end up with a class in a season, you cannot pick it again. Every season you gonna play a different class. This could have potential. But once again, i dont know if this can be even coded by DBG. This way people cant complain about class imbalances anymore :D
    mercenery likes this.