Hex dolls or poison?

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Chuluinn, May 18, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Chuluinn Guest

Which would be more advantageous for a lvl 12 ranger please, 2 x agility hex dolls, 2 x poison or 1 of each?

Cheers.
  2. ARCHIVED-billchivers Guest

If you look at many of the consumeable items that go into the CHARM slot, you'll find most of them say 'optional', which means they don't actually need to be equipped, you can just right click and use them direct from your inventory. Or hot barred. So things like poisons, potions, totems and so on do not need to compete with your hex dolls.
    (in fact, they barely even need to be taged as 'Charm' for location, probably some obscure coding reason). Something like a poison or potion gets consumed when you use it anyway, it casts a buff on you but is immediately removed from your inventory.
    SO, to answer your question:
    Equip your hex dolls (or any other charms with stats you might find later.)
    You cna then have up to 3 different poisons running (but only 1 each of each colour; so one red, one blue and one purple). If you try and use an second of the same colour it will overwrite the first one.
    You can have a totem running. And a stat boosting potion (elixir of deftness or whatever things are called this week). And still drink a regen potion (healing over time or power over time). And still drink a cure potion (arcane/elemental/noxious/trauma). All of these things hotbarred or direct from your inventory, leaving your charm slots available for actaul permanent items like dolls.
    Good luck, you'll need it.
    p.s. you're only level 12, consider rerolling to a class that doesn't suck.
  3. ARCHIVED-iggie2299 Guest

I see this mistake a lot on new scout players. Get the hex dolls in your charm slots until you find something better. If you read the Poison Description is says Charm(optional). What this means is, you put the poison in your bags, right click it and you'll get a menu. One option is 'auto consume' another is 'use'. I personally just use the 'use' option and reapply as needed on my Brigand. The Hex dolls give you a stat increase, while the poison does not do anything for you unless you apply it to your weapons.
  4. ARCHIVED-Chuluinn Guest

Thank you both for your responses, absolutely brilliant and so well explained even I can understand them .

Very grateful...tis a pity I never asked this long ago.