Heroic Zones dropping wrong tier armor

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Arieste, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Kander Developer

My question to you. Are end zone bosses ( the last boss in the zone) dropping things that are not upgrades?

We're going to look at having ToV heroics drop some better stuff. The easier heroics, its intended that the min-bosses/named before the zone boss drop advanced solo gear. Its to give people who do not want to run advanced solos and want to group a shot at that gear. If you come straight out of CoE in heroic, this stuff is absolutely an upgrade,
    Darkon, Atan and Dethdlr like this.
  2. Estred Well-Known Member

The end bosses are dropping good stuff for us, though some of the intermediate bosses feel lackluster, were still in a number of CoE Pieces and some Solo stuff.

The Experiment particularly felt off. The adds prevent Hostile actions and have so much HP that it's easier to just cure through it and burn the named. I would personally like to see them spawn at slower rate and have decent HP, but not as much as they have now. In addition I think they should grant the Named reduction to damage, similar to Tarranis Gazzera from Research Halls, the adds would then have to be killed making the fight more than a mindless burn fight.
  3. Gash Active Member

My question is: where does one get the Potent shoulders and Potent helm?
  4. excalibur84 New Member

The end bosses drop good upgrades. The only zones I have issues with drop Advanced Solo gear from Mini-Bosses are the Temple of Veeshan zones. They are harder zones and should be dropping T1 Heroic gear with a chance for a T2 Heroic piece from the Mini-Bosses and T2 Gear from the zone boss.

I do not like this fight at ALL. It is not a fun fight to have all control of your character removed. Right now the common strat for people overgearing this fight is to run a mage behind the group, out of aoe range and cure the priest who cures the group. This works for a while, until the adds start to pile up and start spamming the no beneficial/detrimental debuff.
  5. Tigerr Well-Known Member

The first time we ran into this mob we were in CoE HM gear. We pretty much got spanked on the dps check as I believe the adds are not supposed to be burned. Now though, after gearing up, we blow this encounter up in 50ish seconds.

And yes, please get rid of the "mehh" drops from the ToV zones. Seems like the first 2-3 named in Labs drop the very low end stuff.
  6. Arieste Well-Known Member

End bosses tend to drop upgrades. But an end boss in a heroic zone shouldn't the only one that drops heroic loot.

I mean, you guys specifically created TWO tiers of heroic armor - lower tier (Arcane) and higher tier (Potent). It would make sense that the "low tier heroic" (Arcane) armor drop off the easier heroic content. I mean.. heroic content,heroic loot, no?

It's not fun having 4/5 loot chests in a heroic zone be same stuff as solo. If i want solo stuff, i can group with 1 more person and get like 5 solos done in the time it takes to form and run 1 heroic.

That's issue #1.

Issue #2: i don't see any circumstances under which a healer would possible want to have the armor option with no potency. Even the melee healers want potency. So the no-potency set shouldn't be on the crate loot table for healers.

Issue #3: because of what you've done with forearms and because of issue #1 above, the first FOUR named in the hive instance currently drop worse loot than CoE steward gear. That simply not right. (The all drop 160 stat forearms). Fixing #1 would fix this. If you don't fix #1, perhaps changing the drops to something other than forearms for that zone would.
  7. Gash Active Member

The Hive is really super easy and there are some really nice drops in there. New/undergeared toons can use the forearms, and for everyone else there are reasons to run the zone (rare drops, ornate crates, missions).
    I dont see a problem there. I personally dont want to see everyone totally geared up in everything inside of a month like in CoE.
    Estred likes this.
  8. Estred Well-Known Member

You haven't put Yellow Gems in that Cryptic Gear have you? It's better than CoE Steward's by a LOT. This expansion is about upgrades.
  9. Arieste Well-Known Member

Fair enough.. but still these: \aITEM -993204480 -1071686639:Cryptic Hive Aggressor's Chain Bracers\/a

with 4 gems (which is 24 etyma, which is at least 5 heroic zones run) are just BARELY better than steward.
  10. Estred Well-Known Member

Bracers I think are ranked the lowest on the loot tables. I found it a bit odd they were as bad as they were, however Bracers drop from the 1st Boss of Accursed Sanctum and he isn't very hard at all.
  11. Wulwyrlyn Active Member

"My question is: where does one get the Potent shoulders and Potent helm?"

Here here...anyone know? lol
  12. ZUES Well-Known Member

Every time we do Hive we leave with the 2-3, 160 stat crappy forearms. Also, the hardmode guy (after the final boss) is dropping exquisite chests with garbage. It's not even gear. Very disappointing. We were getting better gear in COE advSolos.
  13. Feldon Well-Known Member

Hive is the easiest of the group zones, and there is a chance at those purple adorns, but yeah a heroic zone should drop something unique.
  14. Urgthock New Member

Please add a barter and trade NPC for all other ToV dropped/awarded gear like the one that exists for the ToV quest gear. That way if you get an armor drop with stats that are not useful for your character, you can trade it for one that is. Or really, just do away with the whole random reward from a chest and let us choose which reward we want. It's annoying to run a healer through 3 different zones and keep getting plate TANK survival and dps gear. I am looking for HEALER gear with POTENCY, not block chance and max health. They are downgrades for me with no potency.
  15. Feldon Well-Known Member

So far I have yet to get an item of the desired "stat package".
  16. Mae- Well-Known Member

As much as I dislike getting loot I won't use, I think it would be far less boring to get everything I want with one run of each zone. What are you going to do after that?
    Dethdlr likes this.
  17. Sylke Well-Known Member

Here's a thought: Each Heroic named (bosses and sub-bosses) will guaranteed drop a unique-to-that-heroic item (armor, jewelry, weapons, whatever) and have a chance at dropping the one-tier-down armor (note: only one tier down, so T2 Heroics would drop T1 Heroic armor; T1 Heroics would drop Advanced Solo armor). That would alleviate the problem of running Heroics only to get garbage armor drops from 75% of the nameds.
  18. Astealoth Member

Cryptic gear in heroics is really starting to destroy the experience here. There's nothing better than the prospect of virtually no chance of loot to make heroics seems like a boring pointless grind. Why design the heroics to be specifically for people too lazy to do the adv solos and just want to be carried by guildies? Heroics should be fun with the prospect of loot. If you don't want us to have loot I'd rather see the boss drop a small chest with an essence in it or something, so tired of these worthless cryptics. I've vendored like 80 of em and haven't seen a single tanking spec arcane yet.
  19. Silzin Active Member

I still think the Best over all solution for all of the created chests would be... If you have in your possession any item from that crate, it will be removed from the drop table for you. this would not give everyone what they u want immediately, but insure you will get what you do what eventual.
  20. Rarespoon Member

Like the next guy, I don't enjoy looting 7 cryptic chest pieces in one night but we did both labs and halls and at least 3 out of the 6 did get double fabled from our crates last night. The one hander and belts were really good. It does stink that you really only have to look forward to completing the quest and all the bosses in between are just there to slow you down. Once the quest is complete, there really is no reason to run the instance which sucks because some of the zone specific rares are really good =(

I do have to say, I was mad as hell when a cryptic bp dropped after we spent tons of time trying to kill The Experiment:mad: