Heroic Mitigations and Raids

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Gninja, Dec 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bludd Well-Known Member

its christmas
  2. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

True but their post is 8 days old. Last time I had a break like that at Christmas was when I was working in construction and the entire sector shuts down for about 3 weeks in December here.

It's fair enough though. I sincerely hope the magic bullet is in development and will be in place early January so raiding isn't pushed back again. Feel very ready for new stuff now and would really like the mages to be in a better place so half of them don't end up quitting.
    Agarth, Clintsat and Priority like this.
  3. kloree Member

Heck I’d be happy to clear the solo dungeon on my guardian to do the adv sig line. With a max merc, max mount and the armor from rewards and the starting chest it’s ridiculous I have to wait for a healer guild mate to log in and run it with me oh yeah if they are on the same part or further progressed than me.
  4. Magic Missiles Active Member

Short term means before raids begin?

Scout DPS can clear heroic 2 zones in 30 mins on average, and H2 groups with mage dps smash their heads against the wall for 6+ hours give up.

Please fix this enraging nonsense before raids open up, so your mages and medium core raiders can actually do something meaningful besides cancel their accts in January...

Denebi likes this.
  5. Denebi Member

posted 10 dec

for a problem that has been reported by players since the first days of the beta ..... early November

it's a time when many players are on vacation and would like to be able to enjoy the game but with the broken mages it's not much fun especially for them

my dear caith didn't you have any motivation to make eq2 progress ?

Merry Christmas to all the players and the eq2 team and Caith. I'm not holding a grudge, at least not yet.
    barcevik and elkhan like this.
  6. Kanv Member

I read today's patch notes and there is absolutely nothing about the needed balance between melee and spell damage. The raid zones opening was pushed back 3 weeks to allow for these adjustments to be seen but nothing has happened Now the raid zone sare openeing... So what can we expect? will there be a class balance? are we going to have to wait for it for days, weeks, months or is this how it's going to be for this expansion?
    barcevik and Arclite like this.
  7. DENSER Well-Known Member

Something has been done, auto attack is lower now.
    That's makes my celestial scout necro pet even stronger ... I cry :(
    Beee likes this.
  8. Nutari Member

Pls explain this one if nothing changed for balance.
    Daybreak is going the worst and shortest way :

Reduced damage from most melee attacks from a base multiplier between 2.04 to 2.479, to a base multiplier between 1.87 to 2.184.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Let me translate that into common for you: "We're not fixing mages. Instead, we will start nerfing scouts until everyone is on the same footing."
  10. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, no one has ever been on the same footing in the last ten years at least. OPed and then nerfed into oblivion has been the metronome for a very long time. Again, if you don't know know how to fix it, you'll continue to break it over and over again. Put another way, you don't ask boatbuilders to build a spaceship. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but that's the situation we've been facing for a long time.
    WizardsRBroken2021 and Observing like this.
  11. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

It boggles the mind actually.
    Observing likes this.
  12. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

The actual effect is minimal, but yes, it did look that way and reinforce everybody's sarcastic assumptions about how this would be addressed.

A more serious note though would be on the initial state of the raid zones. Dear oh dear oh dear. My wife actually turned to me on the second boss and said "it's like this every year, I think they do it on purpose". Why are we still beta testing? This is dire. Abysmal. It was so unenjoyable, I questioned why on earth I even play this game.
    barcevik and Denebi like this.
  13. Nutari Member

I know.
    Thats why i wrote the worst and LAZIEST way.
  14. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

My only hope is that we're misinterpreting the patch notes, and it's not actually a real-terms nerf to FFU. If it is, I can only think the thought process is "ok, mages unhappy, scouts too strong, so what's the strongest scout CA? FFU? Ok let's take that down a few pegs", instead of actually looking at the real data and seeing what is and isn't working well. FFU and the assassin in general is well balanced and fits neatly into a specific role in raids. It's actually one of the classes least in need of changing. It works. It won't work if FFU is nerfed, that's like ripping the heart out of the class.

If it is a real-terms nerf to FFU and assassin in general, it would indicate an alarming lack of understanding of the current state of the game and class balance. It would also make me seriously question (even more than ever before) the competence and level of interest of those making the decisions when it comes to class balance and mechanics. I think it'd be the very last fiber of confidence in our designers I still desperately try to retain.
    barcevik and Observing like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.