Heroic Instance Tanking - Monk vs. Bruiser

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Nocturnus, May 26, 2013.

1. Nocturnus Member

I've always liked my Monk and Bruiser, and would like to get back into tanking on them in some Velious and Chains instances.

I'm willing to play either... but I was wondering if there was one that happened to do tank better... as in take the hits and hold agro.

Would someone be able to explain to me which one would be best, and why? Keep in mind this is instance tanking, not raid tanking.

Thanks.
  2. Ebofu Active Member

Enough said, you won't find a difference at that level
  3. Silzin Active Member

there are some fights that i have a hard time with on my monk that a bruiser would do easier and they do acer in group content some time. this is mobs memwiping and having several of them do it at a time. I can deal with it but i think that would be easieron a bruiser. this is the only think at just heroic tanking you would see as a difference between them.
  4. Nocturnus Member

Is that the general consensus? That bruisers have a better time with agro management and defense than monks do? Or....
  5. Silzin Active Member

Monks have a bit more defence and ST dps over Bruisers. Bruisers have more AoE dps and agro over monks. for group content a bruiser would probably be better.
    Everdog likes this.
  6. Regolas Well-Known Member

Bruisers have a couple more blue PBAE attacks for holding aggro. Their mythical buff adds hate from memory also. Heroic stuff usually comes in clusters so the extra AE attacks help.

I have only played a bruiser but I did consider betraying at one point, but decided against it. I'm very happy with my bruiser now, and find tanking anything pretty straightforward.
  7. Typos Member

I have both.. monk has double the gear but i still prefer my bruiser over monk for heroic.
  8. Genghes Active Member

It doesn't really matter, raid or heroic. Only difference is ae hate control. other than that it boils down to how well you know the class and if you know how to play
    Kalderon likes this.
  9. ZUES Well-Known Member

^This^
  10. Davngr Well-Known Member

dragonfire gives monk about as much aoe potential as bruiser (out side of mythical cloak effect). monk is the superior brawler on every aspect of tanking and dps.
  11. Typos Member

nuh uh. .. (yes I'm playing with him)
  12. Atan Well-Known Member

I very much prefer thr monk to the bruiser.
  13. Davngr Well-Known Member

playing with him? i don't follow, maybe you're just playing with yourself? :D
  14. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Hum.... i would say, both working well, i even tank with my bruiser (even i´m a bit nooby with him)
    But even HE is easy to do... there is (almost) no heroic zone, that one can do better then the other....
  15. Atan Well-Known Member

I agree. I just find that me personally, that I make better use of the monk saves vs the bruiser ones. The differences in st vs ae dps arent really that important to me at all.