Heroic dungeons

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Esther256, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Esther256 New Member

They all are overly complicated and difficult for the level of reward they offer. pretty much everyone of them has at least one encounter that has annoying script elements. While these may be entraining to learn, they quickly grow tedious and have low replay value in my opinion.

The progression is broken. We are all for some challenging heroics but properly placed as expert's or challenge mode and offering commensurate rewards. The heroics do not fit in with the rest of the expansion and thus are largely getting bypassed.

Why run an annoying zone when one can farm the pq's for the coins and buy the heroic loot box. At the moment I am pretty sure people do the heroics as little as possible. Do them once for adornment , maybe farm them for the shinny meta but even that is hardly worth it when all the celestials are so far superior.

The celestials in the pqs and mission crates are cool but they really should not have been infusible or everything should be infusible. Its like the celestials were an after thought and trivialized so many of the quest and dropped rewards .
  2. Twofeets Active Member

Dont worry, Gamebreak has already addressed this by massively reducing PQ drop rates and adding a minute chance of a celestial in heroic zones. The devs recently responded that this was intentional, I wonder how they will feel when/if whats left of the player population leaves...

That being said, heroics are a bit rough for those not raid geared, and the reward for running them makes the only reason to return is the chance at a celestial or similarly ultra rare drop.
  3. Twisty Well-Known Member

this part is nonsense
  4. Twofeets Active Member

That is your opinion, but countless other threads, comments on discord, and casual player observations would suggest otherwise. I didnt say it was 'impossible' or 'cant be done', but it is indeed rough for those not already well geared.
    Kaldrun likes this.
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

sound like the old story of , we run raids so we get raid gear so we can run raids .
    Or in this case I run heroic dungeons so I can get good gear , so I can run Heroic dungeons .
    It's just crazy.
    Yea I think if heroic dungeons are this hard the loot should be better , it's hard for some people to get in to a raid group .
    I think those heroic dungeons should reward something not the same , but close to raid gear , so good players can get a chance at something worth wile .
    As a casual player you might not need such gear , but it for sure makes things easier .
    But I agree if it's a torture I would rather not bother .
    Kaldrun likes this.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I think it would be a HUGE help if the Solos dropped patterns for Mastercrafted gear. MC is what one normally has used to get into Heroics in older expansions!
    Kaldrun and Breanna like this.
  7. Twisty Well-Known Member

no, it's not really an opinion, having run all of them with a non-raiding pug with raid gear replaced with solos gear (minus challenge). you don't even have to go that far if you're lazy to prove it to yourself, simply examine how much raid gear provides over solo gear in context of how much would that matter.

all the "countless" threads here and in discord all complain that heroics are much harder to get thru than before because "the scripts, the scripts, what do we do?!" for casuals and decorator crowd. which is true, i've seen it, and it's quite humbling to witness. if the critical mass in the group is of that type and without someone to be a voice of reason, it's true the group wouldnt get very far.

but stop perpetuating the falsehood that the answer is raid gear. there is a positive correlation between people that raid and being more successful at beating content than average and less likely to throw their hands up when a thingy doesn't fall over on first pull, but don't conflate that with the gear they're wearing. it's disingenuous and comments like that discourage people that don't raid from trying heroics assuming their efforts will be doomed. yes doing them with dps in group sitting at 240k potency is painful and probably even prohibitive, but the easiest improvements to get to bearable stat levels wouldn't come from "raid gear"
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

well I did not say anything about raid gear for those dungeons , but that those places should drop better gear .
    Kaldrun and Breanna like this.
  9. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

• Lower the potency mitigation on starter heroics (maybe Quarry/Fungal).
    • Increase drop rates of Green/Red adornments in heroics.
    • Add PQ Celestials as a rare drop from Heroic bosses.
    • Add some interesting White/Cyan adorns to heroics.
    • Increase drop rate of heroic mount.
    • Add some bonus infusers, seeing as you made 1/2 our gear infusable still.
    These would be a good start to making heroics easier to get into for players equipped in solo level gear without P2Win, and allowing some reason for everyone else to run them.
    Hellfiren, Kaldrun and Schmetterling like this.
  10. Kaldrun Member

He probably should have said raid gear from last xpac. Uber raiders such as yourself that comment on these threads make me laugh. You have all the previous xpac adorns, event gear, buffs, mercs, mounts...etc etc. For you guys the heroics could probably be trio'ed after the first week.
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Twofeets Active Member

Uber raiders such as who? I was in a casual guild for most of last expac and having to do pickup raids to get gear. It wasnt until recently I joined Dread Army, and even now Im only a part time raider and last to get gear. Trust me, I was far from uber at the start of this expac, and as a part-time pally I still cant compare to most 'uber raiders'.
  12. Kaldrun Member

I quoted the person i was referring to. (not you) ;)
    Twofeets likes this.