Heroic Drunder & Warmaster Korok Hai

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Miapa, Jul 27, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Gaealiegen Guest

There you go, Reverend.
    Why can't the item dev be as attentive as you, Kander?
  2. ARCHIVED-ReverendPaqo Guest

TBH, thats why I'm glad Kander posted in here. Many thanks for your information and for looking into it. :)
  3. ARCHIVED-Loxosceles Reclusa Guest

Orai@Butcherblock wrote:
    Careful, if SOE finds out there's a developer that has a positive player rep, they'll likely get hit in the next round of lay-offs.
    Kander, you're doing a terrible job! /whisper: keep up the good work ;)
  4. ARCHIVED-Bremer Guest

I hope I didn't mix things up, but one floor copied 5 times to make a zone, copied 10 times to make 10 zones doesn't really help my bad memory.
    Drunder 1:
    The snake lady
    Spawns 2 adds, when you kill her she drops a chest, but the adds won't disappear. When you reset the adds (wipe, etc) the adds despawn and the named respawns => infinite chests
    Boss
    The script seems to be: burn named, burn adds, burn named until she ports, lure her over the corpses of the adds, kill her while she's snared. But the bubbles that spawn after killing the adds despawn before she starts porting. Shouldn't they remain on the floor all the time?
    Drunder 2:
    In general:
    The trash in the zone is a giant annoyance. Permanently stuns, knockbacks, roots, nothing curable. The amount of effects should be drastically reduced to make them less tedious.
    First named
    Since KoS and the Lab of Vyemm and the named before Vyemm, that talked 5 minutes before you could attack him and then he died in 5 seconds, I don't like named that take longer talking than dying. Please add a right click option to stop his talking and attack him
    Guy with 3 skeleton dogs
    When the named is going in stasis and spawns his adds and you have bad DPS the named attacks you before the dogs are dead. When you have good DPS you can do nothing after the adds are dead and have to wait several minutes before he becomes attackable again. Please make him attack sooner afther the death of the adds
    Named with circulating planet
    No idea about the script, just burned him down and looted. But our Conjuror had severe problems with his pet attacking, most of the time he get an error message. Pets refusing to attack is a general problem of the game engine and the way the encounter is made worsens the problem. All other encounter in Drunder work more or less fine, except this one. Another problem: The assasin rangers that spawn during the fight keep doing so even after the named is long dead.
    Named with sad, etc adds
    Except a short period, where the named has a stoneskin you can just burn her straight down and ignore the adds and it seems that if your DPS is sufficient enough to kill the adds this tactic is more viable than actually killing the adds. I think the adds that should be killed should have less HP to make it more viable to kill them and maybe killing the adds should also reduce the HP of the named (by the HP amount of the adds or more), so that doing the script is rewared.
    Drunder 3
    In general
    The trash is almost as bad as in Drunder 2, I spent probably 90 % of the fights OOM at 0 % mana. No fun, no challenge, just annoying. Please either reduce the frequency or the amount of the mana drain.
    First named
    Easy fight, just one thing: even though we tank the one named after the split we kill and the one we root as far apart as possible sometimes the roots breaks. When this happens it is often no longer possible to correct the position because when both nameds come to close they unite instantly. There shold be a delay (~5-10 seconds) before they unite, so that you can pull one named past the other witout a wipe.

Overall I think the zones would be more fun and less tedious if the trash mobs had less HP (20-30 % less) or if there were simply less trash mobs. And I think the loot system would have been better, if instead of turning all drops into crafting components the mobs would have dropped them. This way there would be a reason to wear the gear instead of breaking it all down.
  5. ARCHIVED-Luhai Guest

Pets are a problem on quite a few encounters in Drunder 3.
    On the Kefzaanin fight pets will not attack the hour glass. We tried with the conjuror, illusionist and mystic pet. None of them would attack.

The Lady Vuul fight is yet another issue. If you have to resummon your pet after the planets have spawned it's almost impossible to make it attack the Named again, which is an almost guaranteed fail for this pull.
    Even players will sometimes have to reposition themselves to be able to "see" Vuul, although they're only about 5 meters away.
    I once got bolstered by the mystic and was able to attack Vuul just fine (that was after the planet spawn) while we all were right next to the mob. After Bolster wore off I suddenly started getting the message "Target is not visible" and I wasn't able to attack anymore.
    Line of sight issues while standing in melee range are not funny.

The shaman dog will also randomly stop attacking valid targets and return to the mystic.

PS: I was lucky to get the BP drop from Deynka Packlasher for my Defiler twink only to find out it's almost identical to the BP drop from x2-Tserrina.