Heroic Characters Level Up to 90!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Jan 9, 2015.

1. hwy101 Active Member

Is this a lead up to restoring DM's back to normal? It was not even a week. You guys are more funny than a screen door on a submarine. :rolleyes:
  2. Bazinix Member

....SIGH....

Pay to win >>

This is a reason why i stopped taking this game Seriously.. and only have 1 Character.
  3. Corydonn Well-Known Member

Will we see a free period for new accounts to get these 90 Heroic tokens and can accounts that missed out on a free heroic last time get a free token? Getting more players in would be nice.
  4. Nakitar New Member

would be nice to see at least a free new heroic character for those who do not have one. maybe just a free give away to those accounts that never received one and/or does not have one over the weekend.only.
  5. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

So as long as we pay you an extra $35 to bypass content, it's cool...
  6. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

You don't have to pay them any thing. Heroic Characters are purely optional as they always have been.
    Ridolain, Siren, Belenos and 3 others like this.
  7. Merriel Well-Known Member

Wow, this really came as a surprise, following the DM nerf. Personally, I never used DM's to level, as I loathe just grinding out levels. I am a quester at heart, love leveling as I explore new content and do quests, reading the storylines as I go along. I'll even mentor down and do content that I missed along the way. I can see where those who did utilize the dungeons to level quickly would interpret this as a money grab from SOE, however, since they are being told on the one hand that using the dungeons to level quickly and get to end content fast was an 'exploit' and should not have been allowed, but then offering a heroic character that starts at level 90 (5 levels higher than the currently existing level 85 characters) for a 'low' fee of ONLY $35, so you can bypass much of the content and reach that end content quickly.

Again, not complaining...most of my characters are heroic, mainly because most of them are pretty much strictly used for crafting, and being able to keep up with current content on them is imperative, while I don't want to grind out the levels on all of them. I only have two characters that are not heroic...one is level 100, the other will fall behind all my heroic characters as they will bypass her level with the new bauble, and I'm fine with that. My main character is evil aligned, and the other is good aligned, so I am happy to keep her where she is at so she can continue on with the storyline and content through questing, so I don't miss the 'good' side of things.

It's a contradiction in terms, that only SOE can seem to see past the irony of it all. I am not angry about this change...in fact, I love that we are getting this bauble...I just don't understand the logic behind nerfing the dungeons, then offering your players another way to bypass the content...but, for a fee. Pay to win, yes, but it just threw SOE's explanation for nerfing the dungeons right out the window. Seriously, I don't know where SOE found their marketing team from...I think it's time they hired someone who is truly qualified for their job. I'm not saying this to be mean, but the whole thing just reeks of capitalism. :)
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  8. maximoz New Member

If i am lvl86 with 330AA, i assume using this bauble will put me at lvl90 with 330AA?

Likewise if i am lvl92 with 310AA, i will be lvl92 with 320AA?

Just trying to be sure.

Thanks
  9. Murmix New Member

thx for the baubles, my heroic crafters will be very happy :)
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  10. DellMarDell New Member

Okay let get this straight. My heroic character is level 92 with 321 AA and I have been unlucky with gear. the best I got is level 87. Do I get a refund since i wont get a bauble and wont get the gear. But all the other heroics get Levels AA and gear for level 90. Thus I am not truly getting the full package now. Or will I still get a bauble that will only give me the gear.
  11. Elite Active Member

Not lucky? Signature line gear seems to be better than the hand-out gear in every way.
  12. hwy101 Active Member

So now that the by pass content issue clearly was just a big joke and is out the window. Will ya fix the DM's back to normal or at least offer a"PAY TO USE DM"S." In the market place already. Please :mad:
  13. Belenos Well-Known Member

I am wondering about this scenario myself--say a Lvl 91 with 305 AAs--would that become a Lvl 91 with 320 AAs or would it get knocked back to level 90 with 320 AAs?

Edit--Just thought about another scenario as well--what if a character wasn't made as a herioc, but was a pre-existing and upgraded to heroic?
  14. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

The bauble's purpose is not to decrease adventure levels/aa's below 90/320 or to increase adventure levels/aa's past 90/320. So it stands to reason that if you are a level 91 heroic character with 305 aa's and you examine the bauble, you will be come a level 91 heroic character with 320 aa's.
    Belenos likes this.
  15. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Correct.
  16. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

If I read the post from page 1 correctly, I am assuming that if you are past 90/320 then you won't get a bauble. The bauble's purpose is to upgrade existing heroic character's to 90/320 (no new gear, etc.). Only heroic characters purchased after the update will get upgraded gear etc. that is appropriate for level 90.

Also, by level 92 you should have gear that is higher than level 87 just by playing the game (questing, etc.). If you aren't a quester, the handcrafted and/or master crafted gear that can be purchased on the broker is more than sufficient to get you through to TOV.
  17. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

Right now I have an unused ability to make an 85 heroic character; will this be automatically changed to the 90?
  18. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

From page 1:

19. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

You obviously don't understand the situation. The fact that it's OK to PAY your way to level up quickly while ways to level quickly in game to get to the same point have been taken out.
  20. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

I understand perfectly, you don't have to pay money to level up, never have, never will. I have leveled plenty of toons questing, grinding etc. Since AOM was released, there are several non-DM ways to level from 95-100 that don't cost money, examples of which have been given in related threads multiple times. Leveling to 95 also isn't that difficult any more and in fact hasn't been for a long time.
    Ridolain, Siren and Spindle like this.