Heroes' Festival 2021 - Feedback and Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Oct 28, 2021.

1. Kaitheel Developer

The Heroes' Festival has begun on Test!

We invite all Norrathian adventurers to commemorate our years of questing, raiding, tradeskilling, house decorating, and socializing. Obtain special items, including new mounts, from festival merchants in Freeport and Qeynos. While you’re there, be sure to seek out Lothaire Stormgazer, one of the many celebrators in the city. He would love to reminisce with you about one of the many heroic acts being honored at this festival.

You won't want to miss The Mischeva Play-Actors and their clothwork creations touring through Antonica, the Commonlands, Sinking Sands, Kylong Plains, the Eidolon Jungle, and Stonebrunt Highlands!

I must warn you though, not all is well during this time of celebration. Laral Spenler, a traveling trader in Antonica, claims to have witnessed a mysterious abduction. She now waits for the hero she claims is fated to help.

New features for '21
    TLE servers
    • Kaladim - the event is active, with the following exceptions (due to expansion availability):
      • A Dream Adventure
      • One Afterlife to Live
    • Tarinax - the event is active, with the following exceptions (due to expansion availability):
      • Mischeva's Clothworks (associated quests and collections), Thumore's quest line, and One Afterlife to Live.
      • Heroes' Festival Merchant prices have been adjusted specifically for TLE due to the lack of Mischeva's Clothworks event.
      • In-Game mail to announce TLE event
    Live servers
    • New Quest!
      • One Afterlife to Live offered by Lothaire Stormgazer in the City of Freeport or Qeynos Capitol District - Annually repeatable
    • 9 new festival themed house items sold by a Heroes' Festival merchant in Freeport and Qeynos Capitol District for Token of Heroism.
    • 5 new festival themed equipment items sold by a Heroes' Festival merchant in Freeport and Qeynos Capitol District for Mischeva's Tribute, including 2 new mounts!
    Returning Features
    • Players are sent an in-game mail to announce the event.
    • Achievements:
      • Badge of Heroics - complete all repeatable holiday quests
      • Mischeva's Champion - defeat all patchwork bosses.
      • Darathar's Reprise - defeat Darathar
      • Djinn Master's Reprise - defeat Djinn Master
      • Trakanon's Reprise - defeat Trakanon
      • Roehn Theer's Reprise - defeat Roehn Theer
      • Baelon's Reprise - defeat Baelon
    • Collections:
      • Glyphs of Ethernere
      • Icons of Ultera
      • Kunark Runes
      • Desert of Ro Charms
      • Shattered Lands Marks
      • Samples of Destiny
    • Mischeva's Clothworks event - A strange woman and her band of play-actors have been seen travelling around Norrath. Where they set up camp, they bring to life the stories of Norrath's past. (Utilizes Public Quest system)
    • Mischeva's Tribute currency, dropped by the clothwork bosses across Norrath.
    • Overseer Quests and Agents
      • Offered: Laral Spenler in Antonica
        • Winged Troubles - The Alivan Connection
        • Winged Troubles - Tracking Droag
        • Winged Troubles - Scaleborn Sorcery
    • Quests:
      • The Play's The Thing - Not repeatable
      • "Festive Flames in …" quests in Freeport and Qeynos. (Quest is repeatable every 2 hours, max 55 times...) (Max increased in '21)
      • "Missing Decorations in …" quests in Freeport and Qeynos. (Quest is repeatable every 2 hours, max 55 times...) (Max increased in '21)
      • “Aggressive Advertising in …” quests in Freeport and Qeynos. (Quest is repeatable every 2 hours, max 55 times...) (Max increased in '21)
      • “A Heroes’ Feast in…” quests in Freeport and Qeynos. - Annually repeatable
      • A Dream Adventure - Annually repeatable
      • Shattered Remains - Annually repeatable
      • “... Band Aid" quests in Freeport and Qeynos. - Not repeatable
      • Thumore's Absence - Not repeatable
    This event content is currently set to run 11/05/21 at 12:01 AM PST through 11/15/21 at 11:59 PM PST on the live & TLE servers.

Please post any bugs you encounter, or feedback you have, pertaining to this event in this thread.

~ Kaitheel
  2. Kasa Well-Known Member

At level 120 I encountered no problems with the new quest. House items place correctly and look good. No problems with the appearance items or mounts. Love the dragon items!
  3. Carynn Well-Known Member

One Afterlife to Live - whomever named this quest, this is one of the reasons why I play this game, for things like this.
  4. Kaitheel Developer

Sometimes I think it's the reason I am still here.
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

it's the reason for the season .
    And we are happy your are still here Kaitheel , the test server forum would just not be the same without you .
  6. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

time to get festive..

also i'll have 500 "tenth_anniversary_event_coin" pls :D
  7. Chikkin Well-Known Member

so this Laral Spenler... she needs a hero? And... he's gotta be strong? And he's gotta be fast? And he's gotta be fresh from the fight?
    /ponder
    Does he have to be soon? and larger than life?
    She might be holding out for a hero 'till the morning light...
  8. Lera Well-Known Member

The Sleeping Xygoz Plushie is missing pants. All the other dragons will make fun of him.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

:eek: yikes , why are you not wearing your pants ?

:p Because it's more airy like that :D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  10. Kaitheel Developer

Hahaha! *Goes to clean that up*

~ Kaitheel
  11. Gelenor Well-Known Member

New features for '21

Live servers
    • New Quest!
      • One Afterlife to Live offered by Lothaire Stormgazer in the City of Freeport or Qeynos Capitol District - Annually repeatable
    If this quest has a required precursor, it should be mentioned. Otherwise you cannot access quest.

Also not seeing the "5 new festival themed items sold by Heroes' Festival merchant in Freeport or Qeynos for Micscheva's Tribute, inbclud9iong 2 new mounts.. UNLESS you have sufficient currency
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I think there was a mistake for asking for 10th anniversary coins .
  13. Kaitheel Developer

No, the 10th anniversary coin (known to players as Mischeva's Tribute) was a designer side note that had accidentally been included in the announcement post, and Hartay was teasing me about it. There is no bug with the coin or the event merchants.

~ Kaitheel
  14. Kaitheel Developer

Correct. One Afterlife to Live has a predicate. You must have completed "A Dream Adventure" to get it offered to you.

The 5 new festival themed items (including 2 mounts) are indeed on the merchant, and do not have a predicate of any kind to see them, I just confirmed this on the Test server.

~ Kaitheel
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

are the mounts 2 carpets ?
    I had a hard time finding those , I only found them by their price .
    Both mount look nice :)
  16. Bludd Well-Known Member

is the overseer quest intended to be giving out old season rewards?

edit: maybe its just a display error on the reward crate preview thingy in overseer?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yes , that's how it was with Nights of the Dead , old quests , old rewards .
    I figured better some old quests than none .

I really wished there were more items on that merchant for Heroes Festival , I was really looking forward to those
    festival carts and tents and such on Tarinax :(.
  18. Kaitheel Developer

I think I am missing something in this discussion. There is a new quest. It does have new rewards.

~ Kaitheel
  19. Kaitheel Developer

Two of the new items on the event merchant are the Festival Tents.

Are there others you'd like to request?

All three of the festival carts / wagons are already available.
    http://eq2furniture.com/index.php?i...ent=&description=&date1=&date2=&search=Search

Is there another one you know is in the world, and that you'd like to request?

~ Kaitheel
  20. Chikkin Well-Known Member

OMG Kaitheel, that reply is an instant classic :D