Heroes' Festival 2020 - Feedback and Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Chikkin Well-Known Member

not sure if this is live only bug, don't see it mentioned here, but appearance gear on Heroes merchant listed for 0 copper is not possible to buy. When we try to buy any of the pieces it says price is unknown. Please look into that?
  2. Kaitheel Developer

Thankfully, the issue was reported over the weekend, so it was able to be resolved in time for tomorrow's Hotfix.

~ Kaitheel
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I was just wondering if we could get a new Clothwork or two in other zones .
    I got the idea that when we got this festival that that was where we were at for expansion , we since have gotten a bunch more
    locations .
    Just a thought .
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  4. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

Sigrdrifa your decorated room with shields on the wall is awesome! What a great idea!! And I never knew that some of the equipable shields nor any equipable items could ever convert to house items; I will definitely watch for that now and examine what I've already got. Thanks for the GREAT INFO!
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Ah, but they aren't house items! You put the shields on a mannequin, then sink the mannequin in the wall.
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

you got to be tricky when you decorate.
  7. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

FYI, according to Dreamweaver on Discord, Heroes' Festival will now run through the 19th, to accomodate those who were unable to get online over the last few days.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Woot! Thanks, devs! :D

FEEDBACK: On the whole "pester the ever-livin' heck out of poor, innocent fellow players with Band Flyers in both cities" bit: could we modify this somehow? Could they be more like the ever-piling Roses for Erollisi Day, or something we do for a Guide Quest:

1) Like with the Roses, have the ability to dump all 10 of the stupid things on one player (even I don't have that many Bronze or Silver alts per server). Have any "extra" accrue to their pile of flyers to hand out, rather than just being something useless cluttering up their inventory that they have to throw away later (see last paragraph below). Then when they're done handing theirs out (perhaps foisting all 10 of them off on YOU in retaliation [or maybe make the quester immune from being Flyered more than once, since we've already put up with -- er, completed the first part of the quest] ;->), they can just Destroy the rest of their hand-em-out pile. ;)

And/or:

2) Have the quest "open" or "available" or however it works indefinitely; when we finally slap that last bloody flyer into someone's face eventually, have the reward page pop up for us to choose what we want right then, even if it's in the middle of next year (literally; there are Guide Quests that are "open-ended" like that, such as Nebulous Newsies, and we can always earn the Roses titles by surprising people with pledges of eternal love and thorn-pierced hands any time of the year).

Then:

3) Tweak the initial dialogue of the Band Leader to reflect this: "We'll know you were successful in getting people to come see us by the increase in our audience at our gigs! Do a good job and we'll comp you at our next concert!" or something to that effect.

Or:

4) Make it possible to throw these things in the faces of NPCs. ;->

Because frankly, I don't usually do that particular quest beyond getting the house item flyer reward, because of the sheer PitA involved. Seriously, I've had other players squirm like eels on a hook trying to get away from me while my "here comes a flyer!" move was activating. They really, really don't want the damn things (although, I suppose I could go out to the Patchwork Hunts and fire them off at folks busy there; that'll make me real popular ;->). Bless the players that have the patience to sit through the looooooooong Roses delivery to get all of the eight done for that quest; at least getting hit in the face with a flyer is a lot faster for them (and yes, if I can I'll ask before I Rose them. It's only polite, since it does take so blasted long for each). :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

FEEDBACK/BUG: When we're beating up on the dwarf slacker from the Band to get him back on the job, can we please, please, PLEASE not have the stupid city guards interfere?? They already stole the show (literally and figuratively) from me once by "saving" me from Gimit, and now they won't leave: they're just standing there, staring at the corner where I'm supposed to have the confrontation, and it doesn't seem like they're likely to leave any time soon, so I can't finish the quest. >:-/

Uwk
    who longs for WoW, where one's own city guards were NOT attackable (unless you were Betraying, which wasn't a thing possible there, last I knew, but wouldn't be a bad idea for here; would cut down on a lot of inadvertent "honestly, Officer, I was only trying to defend myself from an entire gang that YOU weren't doing anything about; I'm sorry I grazed you. Now, can you please help me with my gear repair costs?" bits), but rarely, if ever, lifted a finger to help unless you were outside the city gates
    Breanna, Schmetterling and Juraiya like this.
  10. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Haha! That reminds me of a time, many years ago, when I had a character conducting business at the Neriak bank. There was a little arasai standing next to me, minding his own business, when suddenly WHAM! The guard standing next to the banker decided to slam his sword at the little guy and killed him. There were several of us standing there, and we were all quite surprised; the little arasai had been minding his own business, and not doing a thing to disturb the guards.

Everyone who was there decided that either A) one of the guards was being bothered by a fly in his face, and just assumed that the arasai was the fly, or B) the guard thought that the arasai had said something about his wife and so the guard was getting revenge.

Guards getting in the way of completing those quests has been an annoyance for a long time. It seems to me that MOST of the locations for these things, they've changed the pathing of the guards so they don't generally bother you. My only suggestion would be for you to delete the quest and try again; it might give you a different location for Gimit to attack you, that the guards don't happen to path to.
  11. Daryx Well-Known Member

I wouldn't care if the fliers didn't take up inventory space. I've had a couple occasions where I couldn't unpack something, e.g. the boot box from Londiar for transmuting because someone had just hit me with a flier. Then I have to go looking through the bags for the thing to delete it and hope I don't get another before I get the box unpacked. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has some characters with too much crapola being carried around.

I really don't think it's right that another player has the ability to put anything directly into my inventory, whatever the reason, without my permission. The roses don't (it seems like originally they did?), and I don't see any valid reason for the fliers to. I've sent feedback in on that several times.
    Juraiya and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That's what I finally had to do, TWICE. At least with the second time, he got re-routed to the back corner by the stables, so no guards, and we were able to try to kill each other in peace. :)

Uwk
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

we made all kinds of suggestions about those flyers , they are useless so why bother sending them in to our bags .
    After all the roses from Erollisi Day don't show up in our bags either .
    It would be ok if we could turn in a bunch of them for a small reward , I don't know 100 get you a hero coin 20 on
    Rivervale or Island of Refuge .
    Juraiya and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

There you go! :D

And yes, the roses do show up in our bags, but they stack like up to 200 or 800 or whatever (never have had that many, so I don't know). ;->

Uwk
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

if the roses show up , at least they can be reused to get achievements and titles .
    I collect those roses from the ground so I would not know , I don't really count them .
    But the flyers are just , well useless , you can't even sell them .
    But unfortunately the problem with the flyers
    will never change because it's a low priority.
    And because we would not want to risk to get a bigger problem trying to keep the flyers out of our bags ,
    just find a use for them .
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah! That would probably be the best thing to do with the silly things; find a use for them, either in re-"giving" them out again, or giving us a title for Documenting the World (whoops, that's Xerox's tagline) Covering the World with Band Flyers, or whatever. As it is, they're a distraction, they're an inventory-filler-to-no-purpose (seriously, being able to re-gift them to get rid of them would be brilliant), they're an annoyance, etc., etc., etc. Could use some work. ;->

Uwk