Heroes' Festival 2018 - Feedback and Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

You mean I shouldn't give out last years Halloween candy again?
  2. Kaitheel Developer

What about Easter candy?

~ Kaitheel
  3. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Hasn't been a whole year since Easter, it should be ok.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Of course there's the old joke that Louis Black tells about his hatred of candy corn (hmm, wonder where they got the gobbo from... ;->), that it's the only candy that's never been advertised; basically, the candy company people send out trucks, gather up all the old candy corn that people haven't eaten and have tossed out, and repackage it ("They wash it, they wash it!")... X-P

Uwk
    Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

My youngest girl used to save her Halloween candy until the neighbor kids had gobbled all theirs up and then she sold hers to them. The Troll Baby made quite a bit of walking about money.
  6. Cord New Member

Only good thing about candy corn is they make good temp vamp teeth.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  7. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

The update happened tonight, and the new items look good on an initial pick up and place test.
  8. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

"The Dream Weaver Statue" now scales up to an impressive size.
    Ty
  9. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Some people are complaining on live that the repeatables are not offered to them any more (festive flames and decorations) since they hit a hard cap of total number of repeatable (20ish). If that's how it works, could the number of times we can repeat the quest be changed?
  10. Zyxia Active Member

PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME

Hi Kaitheel
    Perhaps you could please help me get my problem resolved?
    For the past four years I have not been able to do the repeatable quests, i.e. fliers, fireworks, flames.
    From Day One I cannot do even one of these quests as the NPC informs me that I have reached my quota and "see you next year". There is obviously a glitch somewhere. For 4 years I have sent in bug reports, tickets, and been on the dev website issue tracker. Nothing has changed.
    This problem seem to be with my characters that were created before the Everfrost server merge - which is now Halls of Fate.
    Is there anything that can be done please, so that I can enjoy Heroes Festival and get tokens to buy house items?
    I would be very grateful if you could help me.
    Thank you Kaitheel.
  11. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Hi, sorry to bring this up again, because I can see others have mentioned it, but not recently. The Twelfth Anniversary Mount.... literally one day ago, I got it on Skyfire for an alt, and she got a flying one. Level 61.

Today I spent all day creating a new character on AB server, going through the intro until level 10, following the puppets around the world, I got to level 29, decided that was enough for now, and worked on the mount reward (which flew with my character yesterday on Skyfire).

***But this character got one that doesn't fly.
    ***But I did get the "Norrathian Air" achievement! (what?!)

And the bloodmane one is restricted until level 65.

So I either give up on this, or I play with puppets until 65 now?

Will the Anniversary mount upgrade itself after level 35 or something?

It just seems so random. How could I have predicted it? And once I've done the achievement, I can't redo it, can I?

Is this a bug? An intentional update? What? I tried googling and found some old stuff about changes to the mount, but nothing about this year's event.

The NOTD mount (Frightmare) flies at level 30+ so I'm pretty sure this is a mistake and my toon just got a bum ride. But I can't be sure. What's up with this mount this year? Any updates? Nothing in the Update notes from the 30th.
  12. Elyria Well-Known Member

[quote="***But this character got one that doesn't fly.[/quote]

This happened to my daughter last year. I know it flew eventually, but can't remember how or what she may have done to resolve it...I will ask her as soon as she wakes up though:)
  13. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

This happened to my daughter last year. I know it flew eventually, but can't remember how or what she may have done to resolve it...I will ask her as soon as she wakes up though:)[/quote]

OK so it seems the text is just wrong on it. The mount started to fly as soon as I got to level 35, the text on it actually added the "air speed" portion, but didn't say when it could fly. Since it can be equipped at 10, the rest of the text is missing the "flies at level 35" message, I guess. I checked it at 32, it still wouldn't fly, by the way, so it isn't level 30.

You have to recast it to get the flying function to work.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Elyria like this.
  14. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

It used to fly at level 10 - in fact, it was awarded as a level 10 flying mount. :mad: One of the devs nerfed it... thankfully, I have forgotten just who it was.
  15. Kaitheel Developer

There are three quests in this event that are repeatable, but have maximum caps. I'll increase the cap on them, and hopefully it will get in for the update tomorrow!
    • Missing Decorations in … – repeatable every 2 hours, max is now 30 (was 20)
    • Aggressive Advertising in … – repeatable every 2 hours, max is now 30 (was 25)
    • Festive Flames in … – repeatable every 2 hours, max is now 30 (was 25)
    ~ Kaitheel
  16. Kaitheel Developer

I suspect that my changes to the max cap of the three repeatable quests I listed above will allow your characters to participate in those quests, once more.

~ Kaitheel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  17. Kaitheel Developer

The achievement counted that mount, as it is one that has the potential to fly. Once you are either tradeskill or adventurer level 35+ it will be a flyable mount. It seems odd when you get that achievement, because the mount doesn't fly yet, I agree, but it still counts towards your flying mount achievement, as you have collected it.

I'll be sure to edit the mount description to specify that it is flyable at level 35+.

~ Kaitheel
  18. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Thank you, very much appreciated :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  19. Elyria Well-Known Member

Glad you figured it out. My kiddo could not even remember what made it fly...Happy Heroes' Fest!:D
  20. Vasciagio Well-Known Member

I don't get why there is a limited number of times that we can do the quests for the tokens of heroism? We can't send ponies out to help gather tokens.... The majority of the quests we have to make a choice between getting enough chipped cups to set a dinner table or 1 yes 1 whole token (2 if member). This quest as a member will now get you 60 tokens of heroism.... So Yay I can buy 4 of the items that cost 15 tokens. For instance, 4 wagons then you would be done forever, due to the Max. 8-(. What about the clock of ages.... 25 tokens.... well wallet is almost empty, 2 item to show for it and had to do the quest every 2 hours 30 times to get 2 items for my house. Non members can't get even that. Why the limits? The new books (3), Festival Canopy (10), Festival Chest(10), brazier (5), tiered cake (5), new rug (5)and the new Statue (15). That is 53 tokens to get one of each new item with Max of 60 tokens ever.... I certainly hope nothing new is added next year because we will not be able to do the quests again to get tokens for anything new.

I guess these items are to go into a museum house only for RARE Artifacts. We will not be able to put them into any other home.

Why have limits at all or maybe add the Mischeva Tokens as a purchasable option for the house items. I have tons of Misheva tokens and nothing to spend them on since I purchased enough items to last a long time. Mischeva tokens also are rewarded at a much higher amount than the 1 token of heroism.

Vasciagio Bladesong
    Maj'dul