Heroes' Festival 2014 Issues

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Cyliena, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Mozil Active Member

Update on this: got my bruiser back out there with a couple of lv30 hex dolls, and at least some of the debuffs seemed to be landing because I'd get the actual full recharge timer instead of the near-instant recharge after a resist. No credit though, so it doesn't seem to be enough.
  2. Daray Well-Known Member

Not strictly true. People can wear effects like 'Aspect of the Dragon' and because of the way that works (the mob deals the AE damage), you can one-shot a lot of sub-90 people, and even those over 90 will have to throw out some heals or risk dying,
    Malfaer likes this.
  3. Thoreandan Member

Just wanted to add my praise to Kaitheel and anyone else who has helped put this together and kept it running over the weekend. FWIW it seemed to be working great on Everfrost last night, so thank you to whoever was manually spawning the 'actors' for us on there.

Really good job anyhow, and most definitely bodes well for a forthcoming Public Quest revamp. Many more recent players perhaps don't realise that EQ2 has had the capability of doing these huge server wide events since day 1 pretty much - Griffon Tower construction / Guild Hall Construction / Spires etc., then of course the DoV PQ's that came, and it's been sad to see them not facilitated much in recent years - obviously I'm assuming there are some huge technical challenges with them - particularly with EQ2 now entering the realms of the ancient (double digits in gaming terms has to be ancient right? ;)).

So very excited about what next year may bring in that regard, and maybe each of the holiday events could have some sort of associated PQ down the road, that could be fun.

I tips me McJonas Helm of the North to those involved, it was great to see so many people out and about this weekend and enjoying it all.

Really hoping the team might be kind enough to extend the event by a week or two though as a) 10th anniversary is obviously a very special occasion and b) its expansion week, and c) I have a busy work week lol, so here's hoping!
    Griffon Lady likes this.
  4. Veysha Member

I had enough AA on one of my scouts to spec into Evasive Maneuvers and it worked like a charm. I've heard that Bounty has worked as well, but I don't have any 1st hand experience.

Now - for low level Guardians and Berserkers...
  5. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

And monks and bruisers. I couldn't do a single hit that counted on Roehn Theer on my level 22 bruiser. :(
    And several times my BLs could't do a hit that counted.

I think I shall do every other character but my low level melees first on the higher level puppets. Maybe it will be fixed before the festival ends...
  6. CuriousKat New Member

Please put me down as one of the people not getting achievements/tributes as well. Lvl 35 monk...fought Theer and Trak (both) twice and gain nothing. I have completed the quest previously with Dar at CL and was able to get Achievement/Tributes for Dar and Djinn but not the others. My SK and BL were able to get achievement for all the puppets ...just not my monk for some reason

Edit: Just tried Theer yest again and still nada :( really diasppointed
  7. Hushed New Member

My newb Swashbuckler and lvl 50 Bruiser are having issues getting the updates. Hope this gets patched tomorrow.
  8. Tohopka Active Member

yeah mentioned in another thread but had the problem on my 66 zerk. tried Baelon twice (of course getting to him was a fun run and dodge) and couldnt get the detrimental i notice i was getting on my other toons. Ended up sending in a ticket and explained it as best as I could. got a GM response and they helped me advance just on that toon with Baelon. I have 4 other low level alts but there mainly as my get away so dont plan on really playing them tthrough this. was just doing it on the toons i play the most or dust off for events.
  9. CuriousKat New Member

Just tried to fight Baelon after the xpact and still no achievement/coins etc on my lvl 35 monk...so this is not fix. Send in a petition a few hours ago but haven't heard back from the GM.
  10. Mozil Active Member

Low-level Beastlords without enough AA to get Evasive Maneuvers rejoice!

"Beastlord Warders now have 100% to their accuracy stat and 100% strikethrough. Their combat arts now have a higher accuracy and their spells cannot be resisted."

This is not an expac-exclusive rules update, as I noticed the 100% on my level 25 beastlord's warder tonight. He was able to score credit for Trakanon, which I'm fairly certain he would not have been able to before (I don't think I tried). The warder had a good chunk of yellow on the hate bar, so it seems likely the BL's credit came from that.

That said I didn't do much puppet-fighting today and don't know if there was also any sort of stealth fix for low levels fighting them.
  11. Hushed New Member

This issue is still ongoing. Any fix in site?
  12. SandsMans Active Member

Any chance that the plushies you can buy from the merchant can get their maximum size scale dramatically increased? I bought the Darathar plushie for my Isle of Refuge thinking that I could have an enormous Darathar chilling on the beach. (With an NPC actor shouting "MY WINGS!!!")
  13. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Is that on Nagafen server?
  14. ernurvorn New Member

I would like to personally thank GM VioletAnn for assisting my issues with the Baelon up date while I was offline. I have never had an issue with an ingame problem fixed while offline before in any of the games I have played. Makes me very happy to have finally come back to EQ2 after so many years gone. Thanks again VioletAnn. *Bows*
  15. Kraye New Member

This might have been mentioned already, but the issue with not getting credit for the puppets seems to be your ability to actually damage the mob, or lack thereof. From what I have seen on my characters is that any physical damage to the puppet will trigger the encounter buff, which you must have in order to get credit for the kill. The buff will not trigger until you actually damage the mob. Being on the "hate list" via heals and debuffs is not enough to gain the encounter buff.

This is putting characters that only have combat arts, such as low level brawlers, warriors, etc. at a severe disadvantage in getting credit for any puppets well above their level. Some damage spells, like dots, seem to have lower resists, so casters are able to complete these achievements. For example, my new level 7 wizard was actually able to hit Baelon and get credit, however, my level 30 bruiser cannot touch Trakanon or above.

My wife tried a wizard merc on her level 30 bruiser, but was still unable to get credit for the kill on Roehn Theer just a few minutes ago. So, that does not appear to be a work around for those affected...
  16. Shiba Active Member

My tweaked and buffed 64 Bruiser and 57 Brigand (with Kenny for a merc) can't for the life of them get a hit in. (I've tried several times, solo and with several groups.) That would actually seem perfectly reasonable, if it weren't for the fact that these alts were able to damage him solo and get the achievement with one hand tied behind their backs:

27 Necro (mercless even)
    33 Inquisitor (also mercless)
    39 Wizard (mercless)
    41 Wizard
    45 Beastlord
    47 Fury (mercless)
    52 Ranger (mercless)

'Sup wi dat?
  17. Mozil Active Member

This bug has been covered extensively in the holiday thread (both threads, I think). Basically, you need either a 100% accuracy ability or magic to actually hit holiday bosses that way outlevel you. Beastlords, for example, got a big accuracy boost to their warders, and I'm guessing your ranger has Evasive Maneuvers or something. Shadowknights can use their few pure spell attacks to score credit.

To my knowledge no workaround has been found for Bruisers and the like.

EDIT: And it is confirmed to be a bug, as many people have reported GMs stepping in to auto-reward them the credit they didn't get.
  18. PhoeCat New Member

I, too have been having a problem with damaging Baelon with my 62 Guardian. The thing that really gets me is that I am able to damage, and get on the hate list (as proven by the DPS adjust) for Roehn Theer. Most of those hits miss, but I always manage to get in there.
    I have been trying everything o try and get at least one hit in, but nothing goes through (everything lists as a miss)
    Given the number of those that are complaining about this, isn't there a better way to work this than by individual GM responses?
    (I ask due to the fact that as an old Silver and someone that isn't paying for membership currently, am I going to be able to get a fix?)
  19. Shiba Active Member

Thanks for your reply. I've never bothered trying to hit red mobs before, so I had no idea this was a thing. Since I posted this (and before I read your response), not only did my lvl 28 Beastie and lvl 19 Mystic get the achievement, but I put weaponry adorns on all slots on my bruiser & brigand, and still failed miserably. I don't think petitioning is going to work since I don't sit on one toon for more than 20 minutes or so at a time, but I'll give it a shot.
  20. PhoeCat New Member

I've been able to damage(hit) Roehn Theer (level 70) with my 62 Guardian. So, I am not sure why I can't seem to dmg Baelon. He's the only one I needed, so it's quite frustrating, especially with the number of those potentially effected by this bug.
    (I'd been putting in bug reports from the first time it happened)