Heritage crates

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Daltharr, Sep 10, 2022.

1. Daltharr Active Member

We can get a 10pack heritage crate from the monthly grant, and it unpacks to single units which we can list on the broker and sell for a decent chunk of plat.
    But we cant buy/trade our way to a 10 or 20 pack and unpack that into singleunits that we can list on broker.
    The 10/20packs we buy of the market/broker keep their heirloom tag after we split the stack.
    Why??
    The going price for heritage crates is for the time being anything betweein 10-50m plat. For 1. Take that and multiply with 10 or 20, and it become clear that we cant trade these items. Max broker listing is 50m plat.

Plz, let us split them into atoms, simgleunits. We can do it with the ones we get from grant. Merc-bundles, fam-bundles can be split and placed on broker. I dont see any reason for why we shouldnt be able to decide if we want to sell 1 or 2, 5 or 7 or w/e number we want.When it comes to heritage crates from the marketplace. 10 or 20 is a large number when it comes to expensive items that often represent a real cash value, - and were in a time where the broker is of limited use on top of that. a 20pack cost in very coarse terms the same as 2 krono.
    No way to list items with a valuse of 2 krono
  2. Jesaine Well-Known Member

Why is probably because it would flood the marketplace with yet another product that's going to lead to profiteering and runaway inflation like Krono selling did after the platinum exploit.

The 50 million cap on the broker has only limited price gouging, AND actually caused a stabilization of the economy. Prices are decreasing and more people are able to afford items. That, in turn has helped new and returning players, which is important for keeping the game alive.

There's nothing stopping you from selling the heritage crates bought via monthly grant either. You just have to sell one at a time, OR flood the market and thus drive down prices (basic supply and demand economics). If you're getting them via monthly grant, that means you're a subscriber and your access to the broker is not limited after all.

I can sympathize with what you're saying, as inconsistencies drive me nuts. None the less, I'm pretty sure the Devs did things this way to limit the amount of goods that can flood the market. Just like in the real world, get rich quick schemes cause far more harm than good.

My personal advice: let the prices stabilize and you'll be able to afford more of whatever it is you hope to ultimately buy. Just enjoy the game and don't worry about piling up money either. Even with my level of bad luck on drops, you'll get what you need sooner than you think, with more enjoyment and less stress.
    Ayodi likes this.
  3. Daltharr Active Member

The broker restrictions are good, but theyre not related to heritage crates. And while theres nothing that prevent me from selling the monthly grant, the current system is in effect preventing me from trading/selling crates ive bought from the marketplace or as 10/20packs gifted from other players. - The brokermax is preventing that. The system that are in place have spillovereffect into areas that in and of itself is unrelated to the overall economy.
    Its unintended, and its bad..

Prices will stabilize. But a 20pack heritagecrate is dbl the value of a krono. And itl take ages before we will be able to use the broker to trade anything that valuable. I dont think its a good solution to wait for years before they again become tradable,

The item is tradable as is. Its not until I unpack it they become untradable. I can dump as many 20packs as I want, if I can find a buyer. They have made the daily grant tradable now. Flooding dont seem to be a concern.
    And we still cant trade the ones we or someone else have paid with cash.It makes no sense to me..
    Im not asking for miracles here. Im simply asking for consitency and ways to re-open bulk trades of heritage crates. It might go against logic. but we can not trade these crates in bulk intill were able to trade em via broker, and for that we need to be able to list em individually. The broker cant handle trades that size, and the solution is simple, straightforward and alrdy applied to the item,, provided you obtained it the "correct way" - But if you buy a perfectly tradeable 20pack, and unpack that then the content become heritage, untradable.
  4. Riles New Member

there are no heritage crates on the broker right now on HoF. I didn't realize you could sell them at all?
  5. Daltharr Active Member

We can get a 10pack via the monthly grant for subscribers. The 10pack auto unpack and can be placed as individual crates that is sold 1 at a time. We can buy single crates on the market place. They can be listed and sold on the broker/auctionchannel.
    But if I buy a 10 or a 20pack then I cant list the individual crates. I cant break open the stack and sell the crates 1 by 1.

And with the brokerrestrictions then its money down the drain to list the full stacks. Its restrictions we need, and im not asking for changes to that. Im just asking to flag all the non-overseer cobalt crates the same way, ie they can be sold off 1 by 1 regardless of where you got it. - Its a very simple solution to something that shouldnt have been a problem in the first place

edit; and a correction btw. the daily overseer crate is not tradable. its a visual bug that shows the countdown we see on eg the monthly granted 10pack
  6. Taled Well-Known Member

Doesn't the tag on the purchased ones drop after 5 days, whether you break the pack into individual ones or not? I haven't tried buying any in a while to see...
    Twyla likes this.
  7. Daltharr Active Member

Nope - I wish they did. But no dice.
    And its kinda crazy to think of. All comparable items can be traded individually. The market is dry, and the packs that do reach the broker is hovered up in seconds where 1 crate currently sell for 50m. - Thats a pretty decent DBC to Plat exchange ratio, but we cant utilize it as it is now.

When it comes to the core of it, then the solution would be to do less, rather than more. Theres no heirloom tag on the 10/20 pack. Should just not add any when we unpack em. IF its a matter of fraud-protection then its ok if we get a temp restriction. But PERMA?? cmon..
    Taled likes this.