Here is how I have the flowers

Discussion in 'Testers Only' started by ARCHIVED-Cloudrat, Oct 17, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Cloudrat Guest

Here is the setup I have with the flowers when I keep losing to the zombies:

[IMG]
  2. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

Here's how I did mine:
    [IMG]
  3. ARCHIVED-GrunEQ Guest

I have no trouble on the Test server, but on live I keep losing.
  4. ARCHIVED-Cuora Guest

I had my plants arranged rather close to Vikki. Most did fine except for a low level templar who did fine until the Dolly spawned, but I ran back real quick towards the plants and it lost life while I was running to the plants and killed it off next to the well. Chiloh is the only one who did not have any real issues. My other toons are not geared as well as she is. I stood on the well with all except Chiloh.
  5. ARCHIVED-SnoesieQ Guest

I just did a test on this on one character now, before the server went down.
    I ran the instance twice (when dolly spawned, I left the instance)
    I have really crappy gear on a lvl 37, and mentored down to 10. Not sure what difference it makes but anyway.
    I always place all of the plants on top of the well right behind Vikki.
    The first time I just stood there and waited for the spawns, checking her health by having her targetted. At one point she lost a tiny bit of health, but was absolutely fine until the Dolly spawned. However, the most zombies that was ever on her at any given time were 2.
    (This has been my experience so far - the very first time I did the instance was on a healer with absolute crap gear, so I figured I would try to just stick to healing vikki, and it turned out I didn't even have to do that thanks to the plants.)
    The second time, I started killing zombies. I had no problems with them mainly due to being self mentored. But, this time there were decidely more spawns of zombies towards the end, and there was a stack of dead zombies infront of Vikki, and she had lost almost all of her health by the time Dolly spawned.

The thing that strikes me when I hear people talking about the instance is that some people say that there are waves and waves of zombies, and that there are multiple zombies on Vikki at the same time. That has never been my experience. But I had this theory that if you kill zombies yourself, more of them will spawn.
    I only did this test once, so not sure. Maybe I will try again. I was just wondering if different people have different experiences with how many zombies comes with esp. the last wave. And if this could be due to how fast you seem to be able to kill them yourself.
  6. ARCHIVED-Cuora Guest

I just ran this on Live with my level 29 necro on Crushbone (Gryymm) and I placed the plants close to Vikki as I did on Test and stood up on the well and watched. I noted that far more zombies spawned on Live than on Test, especially near the end. I did not die until the very end when fighting Dolly. The plants did protect Vikki. Her health bar got into orange but as I ran back to the plants and finished off Dolly, she was just fine and I finished the quest. I did not kill any zombies and had the grim sorcerer pet with me who did fine with some of the zombies at the end. Previous to this I had just played on Test. The waves got larger on test but not by much and they were manageable. It got a bit crazy at the end as they were coming from all around and it was hard to see them all unless I panned way out with the camera. I'm going to try again with a different toon on live and see if I get the same result.