Here I go again!

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Redlight, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Redlight Well-Known Member

I went and found a new project after looking in my banks and thinking "what can I do with all these books?" ;) so something to tinker with for the next 6 months and as usual newb questions incoming sorry.
    I am trying to find a floating light source that will stay place and not wander off if anyone has any ideas, I have checked the broker and EQ2furniture but kinda stumped.
    Gnomlone Once'again
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Niboota Well-Known Member

I might be misunderstanding what you are trying to say here, but you can turn any light source into a floating with by just moving it up and placing it, right?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  3. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

There is that Qeynos Torch thing you get when you first get your inn room. Those float but do not move around. Seems you could take any candle or anything that sits on the floor or table and just raise it up as Niboota said using the control key. Place a table or something where you want it, then place the lamp or whatever on the table. Then move it but raise it up, place it. Take table away.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Or, if you want something that normally hangs from the Ceiling, you can put a Tile down, then raise that up to whatever position you want the light, and hang the light from there; it will happily think that's a "Ceiling" until you actually try to re-position it for any reason once you've taken the Tile away... :-/

Uwk
    who's learned the hard way: leave a "Ceiling" up until you are ABSOLUTELY finished moving the Ceiling item...they get cranky
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I really love the Maj'Dul bobbing balloon lights, but they don't give off much actual light at all. If you get them from the Marketplace (and maybe even the Days of Summer pandas? Haven't tried those yet), you can tell it to stop bobbing around (though for me, that's a big part of its charm). If you want it still and able to shed more light, I'd suggest making it fairly large, then putting in a Single Candle (Tier 7 handcrafted); I love how bright those things are! :D

EDIT: Yep, they're called either Glowing Maj'Dul Light (the orange, original one) or Lambent Maj'Dul Light (the new blue one you can get from the pandas), and they're considered Floor items, because you can move them about and place them without any fuss or bother, unless you want to do something unusual with them (stick 'em on a wall, hang 'em from the ceiling, etc.). ;->

Uwk
  6. Redlight Well-Known Member

Thank you for the help guys, I knew what I wanted in my head but it didn't flow to my keyboard!,I got a dozen of the brighter city festival lanterns and will check out that candle trick sounds perfect :)
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I love the Single Candle; it's invaluable, no matter how small you have to make it. :D

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Sigrdrifa and Breanna like this.
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Whenever I want something illuminated more I put a candle in it, even those nice looking Freeport table candles that have the circular holder around them, they can be easily hidden they shrink well and give off a good amount of light.

I have learned a lot of tricks from Uwk, mostly when I was a forum lurker.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

"Aw, I'm blushin'." --The Cowardly Lion, The Wizard of Oz

And me from you, darlin'! :D

Uwk