Help with layout editor! Diagonals..

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Seeley, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Seeley New Member

So I am pretty new at using the layout editor but have taken to it pretty well over the last couple of months.. A few guildies have seen my first completed house and the progress of my second one and have requested some work done to our guild hall. I thought it would be fun until I realized everything is on the diagonal! For the life of me I cannot figure out the scale for tiles, how to make adjustments to certain items to align them... Math is not my strongest point, but I didn't think it would be this difficult, lol. Any advice would be very much appreciated. Sorry if this is a silly question but I'm totally lost!
  2. JesDyr Well-Known Member

well .. for tiling it is easy.(this wont look easy while explaining it, but once you do it a few times it will be)

Make sure you have extra tiles in your moving crate. Place the first tile down and pay attention to which side you want to add another tile to while rotating it how you want. Save and open a layout in the editor. find that tile (best to put it in a group). Make sure in settings you have "Auto replace UIDs" checked. Select the item and click "build row". For "side to build from" select the side you want to add a tile to. Note this is before the rotations were applied to the tile. If you rotated it 180, selecting North here would place a tile to the south in game. Base size should remain 2 for tiles. Click run and you should have a new line in the group. If you had some of those tiles in the moving crate, the new line's UID should be a positive number. Save the group layout and load it in-game. You should now have a tile placed perfectly next to the original. You can repeat this process with the new tile to add another... Once you build a row in one direction, just select all those items in the editor and build the row next to it... and so on

Note that this function works with all rotations of an item. It is great for building ramps or tiling walls while using pitch (since you cant use exactly 90 for pitch)
  3. Seeley New Member

Oh, awesome! I have never used the build row function.. I will play around with it and see how it goes. I glanced at it and it looks very doable. I can't make the tiles larger than 2? I have a limited amount of them is the only reason I care but just getting them to line up would be wonderful at this point. Thank you so much for your help =)
  4. JesDyr Well-Known Member

it is the base size of the item. (tiles are 2x2 at scale 1)
  5. Seeley New Member

Oh, right.. gotcha. I played around with it today a little bit more and it is awesome!! Worked like a charm, you're my hero =)