Help with Human Tradition 'Diversity' & Tradeskills

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by bookmarked, Apr 18, 2021.

1. bookmarked Member

Can someone expand on the Human Tradition 'Diversity' and how it increases tradeskills?

I have a human character who is a level 29 Alchemist. Right now his 3 Craftsman and 3 Outfitter skills are maxed out at 49/49, while his other Scholar skills are maxed at 99/99 with Chemistry (the Alchemy skillset) at 46/145.

The Diversity tradition will add 5.0 to each of the 9 primary tradeskills. Will that allow him to access higher level recipes in the 8 non-focus tradeskills, or does it just make him a little more effective at all tradeskills?

If the numeric skill levels determine the recipe level then the way I'm reading the Diversity description, it appears to allow those skills locked at level 9 to access level 10 recipes, while those locked at level 19 to access level 20 recipes.

Thanks.
  2. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

It's +5 to the skills directly, meaning they become slightly easier to craft.

Those skill numbers used to mean a lot more when the game was young. +5 means more when the game's level cap was level 50. Now that everyone is level 120, +5 hardly makes any difference. I would suggest choosing something more useful, but you can always reset your AAs if you're not feeling it.
    Breanna likes this.